Hulk Hugs 3~ Bruce Banner

Request- part 3 to "Hulk Hugs". The reader and Bruce are dating on the down-low because Tony keeps on interfering, but Tony catches them and fangirls.

potatopersonplease

Warnings- anxiety attack, talks of throwing up

Words- 3544

~~~~~~

You and Bruce found being quiet and conservative about your relationship easy. You were both relatively quiet people. Bruce was a man of few words and you were a ball of anxiety that didn't talk much. You both didn't totally like PDA, so it was easy to just seem like friends in front of the team. Behind closed doors that was, of course, different. Bruce liked to touch your skin and you liked his hugs. 

He radiated a lot of body heat. The gamma radiation had his body temperature rise and he naturally became warmer. He was like a human furnace whenever you were cold. Warm, strong hugs were perfect when you had trouble sleeping, or when your anxiety snuck up on you and you were shaking, curled up in a ball, and crying. 

Tony was the main reason you both didn't announce your relationship, there were so many moments when he would walk in and say something annoying, or he'd tease and prick and prod as all the right strings, just to piss you both off. He didn't even know you and Bruce were dating, he was just being a prick, as per usual.

You and Bruce were down at the lab, he was hunching over a tablet, running scenarios in his head, and formatting it onto a tablet to see the reaction. It was something that you couldn't wrap your head around when he explained it to you. It sounded like he was speaking in some foreign language. He smiled when you made a confused face, kissing your forehead. You were a nerd most certainly, you liked to cuddle up with books and you enjoyed learning to am extent. Bruce was just simply a genius. 

You stood, pressed up next to him. Your chin on his shoulder while you looked at the tablet, you studied his digital sketch of something that looked like little molecules, vibrate on the screen. Bruce had his thin-framed glasses sliding down his nose. You turn him around, him showing no resistance in doing so. You take off his glasses and set them on the table. "I want attention, " you say and pout. Bruce puts his hands on both sides of your head and shakes your head gently. 

"I want to work, " he says and kisses your forehead and turns around to continue whatever he was doing. You sigh, then you sigh a bit loud, then you just let out a groan. Bruce chuckles and turns around, "What is it, love?" he asks and you smile, "Attention, " you say with a smile. Bruce holds your hand and kisses the knuckle, "I promise you, I can give you all the attention in the world, just give me one more hour with this, " he says and you nod your head at the compromise. 

You go back to your chair and scroll on your phone. You heard obnoxiously loud humming echoing from up the stairs, it gets closer and closer by the second. You soon see Tony emerge from the stairwell. He had on a blazer on top of his faded graphic t-shirt, denim jean pants, and his A.I. high tech glasses hanging on the hem of his shirt. 

"Oooooh, Brucey!" says Tony in a sing-song voice. Tony claps his hand on the right shoulder blade of Bruce. He stiffens and discreetly rolls his eyes. "Hi Tony, " says Bruce as he tries fo focus on his work. "Whatcha' doin'?" asks Tony. Now you're the one rolling your eyes, he sounds like a curious toddler. "Trying to work, Tony. What do you mean?" says Bruce, his voice is low and calm, as per usual. 

"I want to set you up on a date, " says Tony. Your heart stops and you don't let your eyes go anywhere else other than the white, tile, polished floor. Bruce also freezes, "Oh, I don't know Tony, I'm never very good with these dates. Maybe some other time?" says Bruce, his stance changed and he tried to ball up and hide from the world. He also didn't dare to even look towards you.