Russians Never Listen Well ~ Vision

request: readerXvision, the reader is Natasha's daughter. The reader is in a secret relationship with Vision and Natasha walks in on them making out one day. Gender-neutral pronouns :)

visionbcttany

warnings: just some lovey-dovey and fluff, language, mentions of a rough past

words: 3416

~~~~~~

You bounced with every step as you walked with your mom through the halls of THEE Avengers mansion. The lights shined a little bright and the air that was held in these walls felt so important. Your heart swelled with pride for yourself as you began to think of how you were joining the team.

Your mom, Natasha, was slowly stepping down from her title and you were eager to try and fill her shoes. You were going to be the superhero on a magazine that girls can look up to. You were going to help protect the world and universe you loved so dearly and the people that meant so much to you. 

Your mom could feel the effects of aging, she was slowly creeping into her fifties and realized that she may be stepping away to handle the lighter missions for a few more years until finally hanging up the catsuit and guns. Her back hurt a little longer after missions, the bruises took a little longer to heal, and she couldn't hop from one mission to the next anymore. She and her team, Clint had stepped away a few years back, after losing 75% of his hearing and being so close to death's doorsteps. He realized that he wanted to be able to hold his family at night, he wanted to see grandbabies and watch the sunset with his wife. 

Nobody saw Tony as much anymore, he only came around the mansion to deal with financial things or to tinker in a lab when he needed alone time. He stepped away once Pepper had Morgan. Valuing seeing her grow and prosper more than flying around in an iron suit. And Bruce was nowhere to be seen, ran away some years ago, not even SHIELD could find him. 

Steve and Bucky were still around, the super soldier serum increased their longevity so they're both still relatively spry, but anyone you tell that they were tired of the fight. Natasha looked at you, that bright look in your eye made her breath catch in her throat and her eyes almost welled up with tears. 

She could feel the bright excitement radiating off of you. You've been waiting, training, learning, absorbing all that you could for years. You weren't related biologically to Natasha, she took you under her wing after a mission to Siberia. 

~~~~~~

-22 years ago-

"Let's split here, Natasha you take the left, Buck take the right." Steve says as they moved along down an old Red Roon facility that was recently abandoned.

HYDRA had finally met their fall, they couldn't keep up anymore with the Avenger and SHIELD. The HYDRA moles in SHIELD couldn't keep their guise up long enough to do any damage and eventually they were eradicated entirely. Madame B's death of old age was the overall fall of the Red Roon and Widow's program and Dreykov's death by poison thanks to a rather sneaky spray-paint-covered spider was the cherry on top. 

It was the most giant breath of relief for the Avengers, Natasha and Bucky both sobbed tears of joy in each other's arms when they saw Dreykov's fat, ugly face, foaming out the mouth and pale blue. Finally, they were dead and their ledgers could be wiped clean. 

As Steve, Bucky and Natasha slowly scanned through the bedrooms. The click of a bullet entering its chamber made her ears perk. She turned on her heels with her gun raised. To her surprise, a small girl with green eyes had tears welling. They held the gun at Natasha, but the way tears threaten to fall told Natasha that they were just some scared, tortured girl. Natasha lowered her gun and knelt down.