Fuck, my ribs ~ Loki Odinson

Request- The reader tries to hide her injury from a mission and Loki tries to help her heal

@Pratheekshaupadhyay9 

Warnings- Gunfights, and shooting, getting shot, sparring

Words- 5127

~~~~~~

"Hold on, just a bit longer, L/N, we're coming, " Tony spoke to you through the mike.

You were currently cornered, ambushed by the dozens. You should've listened to Steve and stayed with him, but, the screams of a child lured you in. HYDRA base, in the middle of Siberia, cold to the bone and crawling with torture. You stayed right behind the metal table in a laboratory, lethal bullets flying above you. 

"I don't really have a bit longer, Tony, " you groan into your mike as you throw a grenade over your head. You peek over to try and get a few clear shots. The second you get a clear shot, someone also does too. The burning sensation of a bullet lodged in your shoulder makes you duck back and grimace.

"Fuck!" you groan as you press your hand to the wound seeping with warm blood. A small tap next to you catches your attention as you see a live grenade land next to you. You scramble to your feet as you slide over to the next examination table, flipping it on its side for cover from the hail of bullets. 

You groan as you landed on your shoulder, the blood beginning to run thicker through your fingers. "Any moment now Tony!" you yell as you begin to take in big gulps of air. The cold air stinging your nostrils, the tips of your fingers slowly numbing around your gun.

"Just hold them off a bit longer, " he says through the mike, you can hear the air rushing and muffling the mike. You know he is hurrying to get to you. You can see the agents advancing towards you, barking orders in Russian. The blood staining farther and farther across your suit, you peek from the side of the table and get one clear shot of an agent, you shoot him at the exposed part of his neck, but he gets replaced with another agent.

"Y/N, we're down the hall, hold on, " this time, it's Steve who is talking to you with a pant of exhaustion in his voice. A burst of gunshots and yells echo in the cement building. Smacks and hits sound out as you can tell that there is hand to hand combat happening out in the hallway. Steve and Tony won't be able to take them all. You hold your head above your cover and take precise shots. 

An Agent takes you by surprise from the side as they tackle you to the ground. "I was given orders, not to kill, but to experiment, on you, " he says, accent thick in his words and tongue. "Fuck you, pal, " you spit at the man hovering above you. You kick your foot out, your heel landing at the sternum. He groans but recovers quickly, the kevlar suit protecting him, to land a fist at your ribcage. It's unexplainable painful, you can feel a few ribs pop in and out as you try to take in a breath. 

You pull out your gun and shoot him. The bullet entering through his forehead and exiting out the back. He falls to the side and you lay there. Your arm extended to the side, closing your eyes. You then realize how cold you really are, the chattering of teeth fill your head as you try to move. But, the pain is too much. You decide to lay still, Steve would get to you soon. 

Just as the thought came about, it also came true. Steve and Tony stood above you with slacked jaws and wide eyes. You were far too tired to answers some stupid one-liner. Steve kneels down and picks you up as careful as he could, you groan as you feel the ache in your ribs grow stronger. "Be on the watch, Tony, " he says as he adjusts you in his arms. He holds his shield up to block you from any oncoming bullets.

The movement of running didn't help the brutal pain, but the fatigue swept over you and made it very difficult for you to react. You keep your hands secured around Steve's neck loosely, your eyes roll back for brief moments of being unconscious. "Hold on, we got ya, " Steve says he runs outside, the intense wind made you stiffen and freeze as you huddle closer into Steve's chest.