Body Confidence ~ Natasha Romanoff

Request- Natasha and reader (15 yrs old), the reader is being cyberbullied about their body image and Natasha tries her best to comfort her.

Zorexndra

Warnings- body insecurity, language, cyber-bullying

Words- 3709

~~~~~~

You scrolled past a post of yourself that you shared on your Instagram feed. It was you and some friends at a pool party. Everyone in swim trunks or bikinis, shirtless. Most of your friends were generally athletic, some a little less active than others, but you still found them super beautiful. It had gotten a handful of likes and comments, you scrolled through the comments. Most of them were talking about how fun the party was, or just an emoji.

But, there were a few that made you tear up. This girl in your class, she commented hurtful words and the vomiting emoji. "I mean wow, come on, Y/N even you should know you have to wear a shirt out in public." Some people defended you, others added to the problem. You look at yourself in the post again. You were fine with your body image, sometimes you wished that you had a better nose or a slimmer waist; you never thought of changing too dramatically though.

"Weird bitch."

Or at least, not until now. You bit your lip and sighed. You were sitting crossed-legged on your bed, hunched over. You pulled up your shirt and pinched your stomach and thighs. The rude classmate that commented on your post was slim, she had all the right curves and wore her hair perfectly. Her makeup always well done and flawless. Her teeth were pearly white and straight. You looked in the bathroom mirror, you were an Avenger, so you built more muscle in your arms and legs. Muscles that most kids your age didn't have.

Maybe that made you weird, and weird wasn't good. You had a sudden urge to blend in with the crowd and be normal. You looked at your arms and huffed, they were weird and a bit bulky. Like, what fifteen-year-old has bulging biceps. You looked down at your calves and thighs, all the running, jumping and kicking has slimmed fat and made muscles prominent. More prominent than the average teenager.

You looked at your face, all your eyes could see was imperfections. In your eyes, nose, and mouth. You bit your lip and were even disgusted by your teeth. You hunched over your sink and tried to not cry. If you cried she would win. But, at the same time, you felt so hurt. You weren't sure where this was coming from and that only made it worse. You felt like something was pressing on your chest, you took in deeper breaths and tried to see if that would help. 

A knock at your bathroom door interrupts your antics. "Hey, Y/N? You in there?" you heard Natasha ask. You wipe your eyes carefully and straighten yourself back up. "Yeah, " you turn on the faucet and act like you're just using the bathroom. You turn off the water and wipe your hands on your shirt. You open the door and Natasha is right there. "Hey, dinner is ready, " she says and walks out of your room.

You walk with her down the hallways and into the elevators. "Are you ready for school tomorrow?" Natasha asks and you think of the comments. Would the girl taunt you and bully you at school? Maybe you can get picked up early? You shrug, "I don't know, " you say and Natasha furrows her brows as she presses a button on the elevator.

"What do you mean? Are you sick?" she asks and holds a hand to your forehead. You shrug, "I don't know, just not feeling it, ya' know?" you say and try not to make a big deal out of it. Natasha isn't buying it, she places her hands on her hips and tilts her head. "Well, what's going on? Is it a crush, or something?" she asks and you scoff, "Sike, " you say and walk to your seat at the dining table.

Natasha was always protective of you. Your parents are both SHIELD agents, so you considered Natasha to be an aunt or motherly figure when your parents weren't around. She wouldn't hesitate to drop her work to assist you and when she found out that you had super strength. She got even more protective, she would help you train, she would help you grow comfortable in your abilities, she would help you with your social life. When you were younger it is great, but now, at fifteen, you didn't want her breathing down your neck constantly.