Avengers ~ Only Doctor Strange

Prompt: "Could you do a one-shot where Peter is Tony's son and Peter gets hurt very badly in battle and everybody thinks he's gonna die, but Doctor Strange has something to do with his resurrection, " RealNatRomanoff

Words- 3125

Warnings- Language

~~~~~~

"Can I please go? PLEASE, DAD!" Peter begged as he walked with his father, Tony, down the hallways over Avengers Headquarters. "No Peter, " Tony answers calmly as he goes into his lab.

Peter wasn't done yet. He didn't want to stay and babysit Morgan, that was boring and Cassie would love to. He was almost an adult and deserves to go out on missions with the team. He wants to work next to Dad. 

"I'll listen to everything you say, I just wanna go and watch. PLEASE!" Peter is about to drop down and beg for his permission to go on a mission. "Who's gonna watch Morgan?" Tony asks as he tinkers with his Mark LXXXV. 

"Cassie, or Mom, "

"What about me?" Pepper asks as she walks into the lab unaware of the subject.

"Mom, help me convince Dad to let me go on a mission, " Peter groans, "Ahh, so that's what this is about, " Pepper says with a small chuckle. "YES! And I don't see why I can't. I'm an adult and you said it yourself. I'm an Avenger, so I deserve to serve my part, " Peter argues.

"He puts up a good point, Tony, " Pepper mutters into her husband's ear, as she places a gentle hand on the small of his back and another hand on his shoulder. "He does, but what if he gets hurt? I won't be able to forgive myself if he does get hurt, " Tony says taking his eyes off his suit and looking into his wife's orbs.

"He's gonna have all over the Avengers, Sam, Wanda, Stephen, Bucky, "

"I don't trust the last one, "

"That's not the point, " Pepper says and carries on, "It's gonna take one million megaton nukes to get to Peter before he even gets a scratch. He's been through a lot I'm sure he can take a small mission, "

Tony pinches the bridge of his nose, squeezing his eyes shut then announcing, "Okay, I've made a decision, " he says with a puff.

Peter perks up from the desk and stands up straight, he knows his Dad is gonna allow him, Mom can always convince him to do something. "You can go, "

Peter sprung onto the ceiling and began to run around his circles, giggling and cheering in happiness. "BUT! You will listen to me, Peter Parker Stark, and if you disobey any orders I will ground you for the rest of your life, " Tony orders and Peter lunges you hug him. 

"Thank you!" Peter thanks and runs over, "MISSION BRIEF IS AT 0500, TOMORROW MORNING!" Tony calls out and his hands drop to his side and he looks over at Pepper. "He loves you, he just wants to be around you, "

"I know, I just don't want him getting hurt, " Tony whispers, "And if he does we have two doctors with us, he'll be just fine, " Pepper assures Tony. He quirks the corner of his mouth upwards, he gives her a kiss and she does the same thing back. Pepper takes away the small tool from Tony and drags him into the bedroom.

"You need sleep, you need to be at your tip-top shape to watch over Peter. Sleep, " Pepper orders as she lays Tony's head on her lap, she knows he has trouble sleeping, but she can normally manage to get him down.

~~~~~~

0500

"Good morning, " Fury announces, 

Everyone releases a small greeting back, "Where's Stark?" Fury asks, "He's here, sorry, he was being a baby about getting up, " Pepper apologizes, "Pep, I wanna go back to bed. Let's go, " Tony mumbles, "Once you finish the mission you can sleep, " Pepper says and gives Tony a quick kiss then walks away.