Laughter Follows ~ Avengers

Request: gn!reader is a super funny person and makes everyone crack up during a meeting

zandievans13

warnings: mentions of bullying, language, mostly fluff

words: 2362

~~~~~~

You ran around the house, tiny feet pitter-pattering on the soft carpet. You giggled and squealed as the room spun around you. Your onesie on the floor and your diaper barely hanging onto your hips. The cat that sat very still and watched as you ran circles around him. 

The food your family was cooking smelled heavenly as it wafted in the living room. Your grandmother watched over you in the living room and laughed with her sister. "She's rather boisterous, wouldn't you say, Marie?" she says and her sister laughs, "Yes, but Y/N's at that age where children are just sources of pure chaos."

You stopped spinning and looked at the older women and then laughed gleefully, your baby teeth that sat on your bottom gums showed as you smiled. You cartwheeled and spun away into the kitchen while the cat slowly followed you from behind.

Pure chaos.

~~~~~~

You had always been considered to be naturally funny. It wasn't that you tried hard, it just radiated off of you. No matter where you went or what you did there was always something silly behind it. 

Sometimes it was the way you'd sneeze or the way you would sing loudly in the car even if it was full of people. The quick, on-your-feet jokes you would make when someone at work was out of line or annoyed. You were just a funny person.

Your family told you that you were placed on Earth to bring joy into people's day. You had always taken what they said to heart. You had tried your best to make someone smile, but it didn't always work in your favor.

~~~~~~

You sat in your assigned seat, your hands making tight fists around your crayons and scribbling on the paper. You were passing the time before the bell for lunch rang and you and your friends were dismissed to the cafe. 

Your two friends sat by your side as they also colored on their own paper. Your second grade teacher, Mrs. Guzman, walked around the room stopping to help a few students with the day's assignment or compliment a student's drawing. 

By the time, she circled to you were had grown bored of making a pretty picture and began to scribble random things. A bunny sitting on the Sun, a dog in a tree and a bird on a leash, a few cartoon characters with big smiles. "Very, very abstract, Y/N, " your teacher said and you smile. 

Then, a loud rumble came from your stomach. You froze and then when the rumbling ceased, you giggled to yourself and your friends as well. Ms. Guzman chuckled and said that she will be sure to restock her snack cabinet so next tie you can have something small to munch on. 

You complained, "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse!" 

Your friend, Jazmine said, "Oh yeah? Well, I'm so hungry I could eat my own hand." 

The friend to the other side of you smiled, "I'm so hungry, I could eat my crayons."

The trio began to crack up at each other obscenity. But, you paused and looked at the blue crayon in your hand. You tore off the paper and broke a piece into your mouth. You chewed while your friends looked at you in awe. 

"Woah, they really did it."

You cringed and spit out the chewed up crayon onto your drawing. "That was gross, I don't recommend eating that." Your friends howled with laughter, their faces grew bright pink and they struggled to catch their breath.