Steve Rogers ~ Big Brother

Request: JustMeWoo A big brother figure to Steve. At his mothers funeral, the big brother would be there for Steve.

*if you have a girl name, find a way to be a guy for this post 😋*

Y/G/N= Your Guy Name

Warnings: Sad feels

Words: 1453

~~~~~~

Y/G/N and Steve watched sadly through protective glass. They weren't allowed to go near their mom due to the high contamination of TB in the room.

Steve leaned on his older brothers shoulder and you wrapped an arm around him carefully. Steve most definitely wasn't allowed inside the room.

Y/G/N quietly cried and avoided any eye contact. Bucky walked into the observing room.

"Doc said she ain't got much time left, " Y/G/N said for Steve. You could feel him hold back his emotions. Bucky nodded and stood next to Steve.

"Thanks for being here, Bucky, " Steve muttered, not taking his eyes off his mother. "It's okay, pal, " Bucky said as he placed a hand on Steve's small, fragile shoulder.

They all stared at Sarah Rogers, who looked at them and smiled. She looked terribly ill. Sweaty and pale, dark circles under her eyes and her lymph nodes were enlarged greatly.

She tore her eyes away and coughed up blood into a napkin. She laid back down and panted.

Steve placed a hand on the glass, gently. "You can rest now, Ma, " he said, hoping she'd hear him.

He didn't want her to go, but he didn't want to see her in any more pain. She can join Dad.

You also placed your hand on the glass, right next to Steve's. You began to cry a little bit harder with Steve. You watched Sarah wince and groan as she sat up.

"Take care of each other, " she says weakly, "I love you all. Y/G/N, Bucky, Steve take care of each other, "

Steve began to break down as he watched his mom lay down and close her eyes and her chest fall with no breath. You held Steve a bit closer and saw as Bucky also began to well tears.

"Nurse!" You called and they ushered the three of you away to take care of the body that once held the life of Sarah Rogers.

~~~~~~

The rest of that day was somber and quiet. Funeral arrangements were made prior because it wasn't likely that she'd survive.

But Bucky took you and Steve home to get settled in. That day was rough for the Rogers brothers. They went through her room. Boxing up her clothes, perfumes, makeup, her nurse uniform was folded neatly. They had to burn her bed in case of infection.

There was one thing they kept it was a picture.

It was of the entire family, sitting in the living room. Joseph sitting behind you with a firm hand on your shoulder and a smile. Sarah was behind Steve, wrapping an arm around her son with a beautiful smile.

You and Steve were leaning on each other smiling.

There was another picture. It was of you, Steve and Bucky when you were in about Elementary. Sitting in a bench eating ice cream.

The three of you looked so little and innocent. The lights and shimmers in the eye, that could even be seen in the black and white picture. Now, gone.

You and Steve mourned and grieved so hard it hurt. Bucky tried to support you two but to no justice.

Steve leaned on you, gripping around your waist tight as he cried and sobbed and sniffled and wept into your shoulder. You tried to contain yourself.