Set Up ~ Steve Rogers

Request- a  sequel to "Double Date" with post-serum Steve

ablexv92

Warnings- language, a little steamy, stucky!

Words- 4961

~~~~~~

"You guys need to get out, " Natasha said as she approached the two Super Soldiers at the table, reading the afternoon newspaper. 

They looked up from the inked pieces of paper with furrowed brows. "We went to the beach the other day, " Bucky says as he returns to reading an article on space exploration. Natasha huffs and rips the papers from their hands.

"I mean on a date. You both haven't gone on a date since the '40s, " Natasha says and smiles, "I have set you both up on a double date. It won't be as awkward, you'll be right there for each other and these are some really nice ladies, "

Steve and Bucky smiled at each other, "Oh, that's a lie Nat, you set me up on dates all the time. Oh, Buck, do you remember when we went on a double date?" Bucky asks and Steve chuckles, "Yeah, and I set you up with my little sister, Y/N, " Bucky adds.

Natasha raises a brow, "Um, well, good, you already have experience with a double date. I set you both up, tomorrow at the one nice restaurant in downtown with reservations. Look presentable, " she says and leaves. Steve and Bucky sigh as they out down their newspapers. "But, I had plans, " Bucky mumbles and Steve scoffs.

"Oh, like what?" he asks and his friend looks away, "Uh, I was gonna figure out how to use Netflix tomorrow, " he says and Steve furrows his blonde brows, "Why not tonight?" he asks and Bucky seeps deeper into his chair, "Tonight I was gonna figure out of to use the DVD player, the kid was gonna help me, " he says and Steve bubbles in an explosive laugh.

Bucky slaps the back of Steve's head with his right palm. Steve's forehead hit the table and the laughter dissolved into a groan. "Ow!" 

"Well, serves you right, " Bucky says as he justifies his hit, "You had a bit more time than me to adjust to the new technology. I only got out of Shuri's cryo a couple of years ago, ". Steve scoffs and gets up. "Eh, whatever ya' jerk, " he says as rubs the sensitive spot in the back of his head. Only a super-soldier could really hurt a super-soldier.

Bucky smiles, "You're just being a punk, " he says as he grips onto the broad shoulder of his longest friend. Steve laughs and then scoffs as he remembers the memories of his double date. That was right in the middle of World War 2. Steve, Bucky, Dot, and you went on a double date. It was cold, but it was lovely, he found someone to fall for, he found someone that loved him and saw his small, weak stature. 

It was snowing that night in Brooklyn, Steve risked catching a cold, and getting pneumonia again. But, he was excited to go out with you. To see your wonderful face with that mesmerizing smile. He kissed soft lips that night and gripped onto nimble hands. Then, he lost it all went he decided to go off to fight in the war. 

You both decided to let go, you were going to stay on the homefront, he was going to Europe. Then, you lost him and decided to move on. You married and birthed children, you lost Bucky and then Steve. But, you still always kept them close. 

"That was almost eighty years ago, Buck, " Steve says and Bucky forms a tight-lipped smile, "It was. You got old, " he teases and Steve laughs. They sit there, staring into each other's eye, they smile and looked away. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Buck, " Steve says as he rises from his seat and folds the newspaper, tucking it under his armpit. Bucky nods as he watches Steve walk out of sight.

~~~~~~

Steve speeds down the traffic of New York City, his motorcycle can usually help him fit into tight spots and help him get through, but, not now, as he sat stuck at a red light and two angry New Yorkers screaming and giving and receiving curse words at each other. He scoffs as he shook his head, looking down at the address of the mobile GPS.