Coming Home ~ The Avengers Preferences

Request- part 2 of the "Joining the Military" preference. 

CatarinaRiberio801

Warnings- language, fluff

Words- 1792

~~~~~~

Steve

Steve was counting down the days until your return. He made sure he was able to take at least two weeks off to spend time with you. He only saw you when you two Skyped, you were normally going to bed and he was usually having dinner. Fuck, he missed you like crazy and that was for sure.

He missed how you smelled, and how you would cuddle up next to him at night. He found himself sleeping on your side of the bed and holding your pillows close, catching a slight whiff of your scent on the pillows. He missed how we would have to drag you out of bed or fight you for his hoodies and sweatshirts since you liked to steal them. He missed everything about you, he even missed arguing with you.

So, when that day for your return was coming up. He could barely contain himself. he was there extra early, waiting excitedly in his seat at your gate. He bit his lip and played with his hands. The hours past and your plane finally landed and not long after, you emerged out of a crowd of other soldiers. You too were excited for toward. Getting on your tippy-toes to try to spot your Golden Boy. 

You saw him, he was already running towards you. His arms were open and you jumped up. Wrapping your legs around his fit waist and your arms clinging around his neck. You cried and so did he. He didn't hide it. He wasn't expecting to get emotional. But, the waterworks flooded as he finally was able to hold you again. You also cried, you missed him so much. 

He set you down and kissed you for the first time in nine months. You both pulled away after almost a whole minute. Both of you smiling, holding hands so you go home to a surprise. Your entire family and everyone from the team waiting to see you. 

~~~~~~

Tony

Tony wasn't expecting you to come home a few days sooner. But, you begged and begged and annoyed your commander until they finally gave up and said you can leave two days earlier. 

Tony did miss you. You were only gone for 90 days, not as long as it could've been. But, still, he missed you. He grown so used to having you only a moment away. For him to have to wait until you were able to FaceTime, which was usually at night. He hated it. He constantly tried to find the time to fly over, scoop you up, and take you home.

But, god damn it, something always came up. Mission in Russia, Bucky's arm was malfunctioning, Pepper needed something from him for the company, Fury was being a prick. He was always so busy and it always bothered him. The small slier of time he got to sit down he would hold one of your shirts or one of your pillows and try into it, imagining it was you.

Well, little did he know, he would have a rather loud alarm clock in the morning. You pulled a few strings and got your hands on the F-22 Raptor. It was a pain in your ass to get, but, you got it. You got your hand son one of the loudest jets in the American Air Force. Now, you're currently inbound for speeding past Tony's home. It was still pretty early, maybe around six in the morning. He usually slept from three in the morning till nine in the morning. 

You chuckled as you knew you were waking up everyone you flew past, but, come on. This is awesome. You flew right past Tony's window, you were able to get a slight glance of Tony springing out of bed and falling to the floor. You cackled and almost cried tears of laughter. the split image of Tony's face made you beam with laughter.