But, he's a toaster ~ Vision

Request- readerXvision, they are keeping their relationship on the down-low, but they get caught.

JustATheaterKid25

Warnings- language, kissing

Words- 1686

~~~~~~

You knew he was staring at you. You saw it in the corner of your eye while you all sat at the dinner table eating something that Steve and Wanda cooked up. It was spicy, but sweet at the same time. Vision didn't eat because he couldn't, so he just sat at the table, staring at you. 

It didn't feel hostile, he didn't seem angry. You haven't done anything wrong to upset him, at least you think so. You continue eating, but keep tabs on Vision. Eventually, Tony catches onto Tony and speaks up over the dinner table conversations. "Vision, whatcha' starin' at?" asks Tony. Vision straightens his posture and shakes his head, "Nothing, I just got caught up in my own thoughts, " says Vision.

You always loved how Vision talked. He articulated each word, he used good vocabulary in his descriptions. His grammar and spots to take a breath were perfect. It was different from everyone else that would take away a sound or a syllable in their speech. But, no, not Vision, each letter was sounded out. This may be because he is technically a computer, but, it's something you liked. 

Tony shrugged and continued eating. Natasha now spoke up, "Oh Vision, I am setting up Steve and Bucky with dates, do you also want me to set you up on a blind date?" asks Natasha and Vision almost screams, "NO!". The table grows very quiet at Vision, he never rose his voice like that, ever. Natasha nods, "Okay, no blind date for you then. Steve and Bucky, it's in three days, " says Natasha, and the two men huff as they sink deeper into their seats.

Vision stays fidgety at the table, he plays with his fingers and picks at the table. He radiates with anxious and awkward energy. You never knew Vision and Peter Parker could be so alike. Vision's eyes don't stay in one place for long, they wander around the room like he's lookin' for something. Eventually, he just gets up and speed-walks out of the room. 

Steve looks at everyone at the table, "Does anyone know what is wrong with Vision?" asks Steve, and you shrug. "Maybe he's updating his software like an iPhone, " says Sam. Tony looks at him across the table with a blank, dull look. "That's not how it works, birdbrain, " says Tony and Sam shrugs, but Tony continues. "Did you really just compare a high advance android, who literally has an Infinity Stone in his head to an iPhone?"

Sam scoffs and begins to talks with his mouth full, "Oh please, Vision is just a Siri on crack, and you know it!" shouts Sam. Tony gasps and stands up from his seat, "Take that back!", Sam also rises to his feet, "No! You know I'm right!"

The two grown men now go at it like five-year-olds. These types of debacles aren't uncommon in the Avenger household. While the rest of the team watches Sam and Tony throw insults at each other, you sneak away to find Vision. You try to mentally check off areas of where he could be. He's not outside, he's not in the lab, he doesn't drive, so he's not in the garage. He might be in his own room.

You knock on his door which is on the fifth floor, so he has access to a balcony so he can fly out if he needs to easily. There are a crash and clatter from inside the room, you call out in concern. "Vis? Is everything alright?" you ask and the ruckus ceases. The door opens quickly to Vision with a wild look. "Yes, everything is quite alright, " he says and you furrow your brows. "Are you sure?" you ask again and he nods, "Yes, I'm sure, goodnight, " get says and slams the door in your face.

You yelp and stand in shock. You try not to take Vison's behavior personally, so you shrug it off. Maybe he's been having a rough day. You walk to your room and just decide to get cleaned up, you'll talk to him more in the morning, maybe he'll be feeling better then. You wash your face and brush your teeth. Changing into your pajamas and fall into the soft, deep bed and bundling yourself under the soft blankets.