My little nonbinary secret~ Peter Parker

Request- non-binary-readerXpeterparker, the reader comes out to the team by letter, but Peter Parker already knew and consoles them. 

Derpypanda24

Warnings- Coming out, angst, family disappointment, talks of religion

Words- 3484

~~~~~~

You opened yet another set of barbie dolls for your twelfth birthday. You smiled and felt excited, but the longer you stared at your gift, the more you felt confused. You were left at the table surrounded by wrapping paper and toys from the girl's section at the toy store. 

You were happy that you got gifts for your birthday, but they didn't feel right. You asked for trucks and dolls, you asked for legos and play make-up. But, at the same time, you didn't want that. It was a confusing, gut-wrenching feeling. It was like a storm in your mind and in your heart. 

You pushed away your gifts and went to the bathroom. The overwhelming feeling of confusion made you sick and nauseous, you hovered over the toilet bowl in case you had to throw up. Nothing came up, but you still felt nauseous and sweating, the ability to breathe was difficult. You splashed cold water on your face and let out a startled gasp when someone knocked o=at the bathroom down.

"Hello? Y/N? Are you in there?" your mother calls.

"Yes!" you say as you flush the toilet, making it seem like you used the restroom, "I just had to go to the bathroom."

~~~~~~

"Hey Y/N, " you hear Peter say, as he tapped your shoulder, pulling you from your trance. You look over and smile, reaching up for a kiss, "Hey, " you say softly. "Are you okay? You seemed pretty spaced out, " he says as he sits on top the table in your third period English class. "Yeah, just tired, " you say and he smiles.

"Yeah, I understand the feeling."

The teacher walked into the class and marched right up to the front of the classroom. "Good morning, students, how are we today?" the teacher says with a small smile. Her hair was in a tight bun and her glasses were slipping down her thin nose. She set down the heavy stack of ungraded papers and books with a sigh. 

She looked up once again at her students, she pointed at a group of students that had their face masks down and signaled for them to pull it on. Her eyes then landed on Peer and smiled at him, "Ah Peter, I didn't know you were taking this class, I could've sworn you gave me the pleasure of teaching you last year. " she says sarcastically. "O-oh, yeah, I was in your class last year, I was just saying hi to a few friends, " he stutters and everyone chuckles.

The teacher smiles, "Well, the bell is about to ring, so say bye to your girlfriend and scram!"

"Bye babe, " he says and kisses your temple then runs out of the classroom and down the hall. 

Girl-friend...girl-friend...

~~~~~~

You were walking down the grand hallway of the Manhattan Mall with your best friend next to you.

"So, it is your fourteenth birthday, and as your best friend, I will get you whatever you want today. Clothes, shoes, whatever, today is your day, " she says and you smile and look at the large array of stores. 

You looked down at yourself, you were wearing jeans with a plain t-shirt with dirty white Converse's. This is what you wore on most days. Plain, boring, and generic. You weren't happy with it, but you didn't know what you would be happy in.