A Work Colleague to the Rescue ~ Bruce Banner

request: brucebannerXfem!reader, bruce has loved this girl since childhood and he's always kept a close eye on her. One day, she becomes an enemy target and is kidnapped.

One_directioner4eva

warnings: language, maybe a little stalky Brucey, violence, kidnapping, bullying, car accident

words: 5951

~~~~~~

"Attention students!"

Bruce tore his eyes away from his hands, which sat neatly in his lap, to look at the front of the lecture hall. The professor stood tall, his slacks and button-up shirt pressed nicely, but his tie was out of sorts along with the very little hair left on his head. But besides the professor, stood a girl, who stood as tall as she could as she observed the lecture hall of students. 

"Class, this is Y/N L/N, she will be starting here in our program. You are expected to welcome her with open arms. She is a colleague among you now." says the professor, he then turns to you and smiles, "If there is an introduction about yourself you had put together,  you are free to do so. If not, your seat is . . ." he pauses to look at the seating arrangement chart, "Ah, right in front of Mr. Banner."

You smiled. Bruce felt his heart stop for a moment. You stepped forward and waved at the entire class. 

"Hello, I'm Y/N. I don't have anything planned to say, but thank you for having and accepting me as a peer and colleague, " you say, your voice is quiet, but intelligence is laced in your tone. You walked up the small set of stairs to your seat and take a quick look at those around you. A boy with glasses behind you, another boy with glasses in front of you, . . . another boy with glasses to your right. 

You hook your bookbag to the edge of your seat and sit down, smoothing the wrinkles in the fabric of your clothes. The boy in front of you turned around and flashed you a smile, "Hey there, Owen Chan, " he says and holds his right hand out. You shake and smile, "Pleasure to meet you."

Bruce's eyes are trained on the back of your head. He couldn't seem to tear them away. You turn around and your eyes lock with his. His face flushes bright red and he stutters a little bit. You smile and laugh a little bit to yourself before you turn around to give your attention to the professor. 

Bruce looked back at his hands, they were shaking.

~~~~~~

Bruce was trying his hardest. Oh boy, he really was. But, he was two seconds from throwing Tony and his loud mouth out of the lab. 

"AND THEN HE LEFT!" Tony exclaims as he chewed on a handful of cashews, "Like, what a little asshole" Bruce sighed heavily, "Tony, if you aren't going to help me with this thing then please leave. You're a distraction"

Tony gave Bruce a dumbfounded look, "Were you even listening to the story I was telling?" asks Tony. Bruce craned his neck to the side and stepped away from the highly nuclear, and highly unstable chemical that was currently inside a 6-inch thick fiberglass box. Bruce slowly pulled his hand out of the glove compartments on the side of the box and huffed.

"Tony, no I wasn't listening. Do you wanna' know why?" Bruce says with his tone rising in volume, "Do you wanna' know why? Because this chemical is unknown, highly reactive, highly unstable, and very nuclear. If I mess up once, Tony, fucking once, this whole place and I and you will be no more."

Tony sighed and looked at the chemical that was fizzing in a beaker. "So, do you want me to tell the story again?" he asks and Bruce slammed his fist down on an empty metal table, leaving a dent. Tony yelped, "Okay! Time for me to go!" he says and turns on his heels to walk out.