Mission Failed Successfully? ~ Wanda Maximoff

request- wandaxnatasha, Wanda wants to purpose, but gets nervous and procrastinates. Natasha takes matters into her own hands, but something goes horribly wrong.

nataliaalianovar

warnings- some slight angst, talks of death, memory loss, fluff, langauge

words- 4692

~~~~~~

Wanda sat on the edge of her side of the bed, her knee bouncing and her head in her hands. One hand held a velvet box with a silver ring that held a princess-cut 2-carat diamond. It wasn't big, or flashy; that was okay, Natasha wasn't a flashy person, to begin with. Wanda could visualize Natasha's hand and this ring placed perfectly on her ring finger.

But her heart pounded and her stomach twisted. Did Natasha want this? They had discussed marriage before, and it was something that Wanda always wanted, but Natasha was sp indifferent about it. She would just shrug and smile. If I were to get married then great, but if not then that's cool too. 

Wanda knew that Natasha would be ecstatic with getting married, but something in her gut told her that it was a no-go. She closed the box and stood up to hide it in her bedside table drawer. She closed the drawer and sighed.

"Hiya!" Natasha shouted as she leaned on the doorframe. Wanda screamed and held her hand to her heart. "Nat, you scared me!" she whined and Natasha smiled teasingly. "Sorry, no ill intention was intended." Natasha walked over and wrapped her arms around Wanda's waist. "So, what are you up to?" she asks and Wanda shrugs and shakes her head lightly, "Nothing much really, how about you? You smell like sweat." Wanda teases and pinches Natasha's side.

Natasha kissed Wanda and stepped away to grab fresh clothes out of her dresser drawer. "I just got back from some training. James is getting better at trusting himself, " she says and grabs a towel out of the closet. "That's good to hear, " Wanda says and smiles.

"I'm gonna' take a quick shower. I'll be right out." Wanda nods and sits on her bed and relaxes. Natasha slips into the bathroom and Wanda can hear the shower start. She runs her fingers through her hair and groans. She wants to purpose to Natasha, but her stomach twists and churns at the thought. Her hands got clammy and the back of her neck developed small beads of sweat.

Wanda closed her eyes and took in deep breaths to relax. But, she didn't realize that she was slowly drifting to sleep.

~~~~~~

Natasha tried to shower as quickly as possible. Washing her hair and body, ridding herself of all the dirt and grime that she apparently smelled like. Using the sweet-smelling body soap that Wanda got her, Natasha was really a fan, but Wanda liked it, so it didn't really matter all that much. When she finished showering she stepped out she dried off and then blow-dried, Wanda always likes it when Natasha blow-dries her hair. She slipped into her comfortable house clothes and then walked out of the ensuite bathroom. She smiled as she hung her towel up on a rack.

Wanda sleeping peacefully in the middle of the bed. Natasha smiles softly and creeps around the room, she eyes Wanda's bedside table and smiles. Wanda put something in there earlier, and Natasha was itching to know what it is. She opened up the drawer and her stomach dropped when she saw a velvet box, she opened the box and saw the most beautiful ring posed upright in the middle of the box. She looked over at Wanda and smiled, holy shit. 

Wanda stirred a bit in her sleep and Natasha hurried to put away the ring in the exact spot it was in. Natasha sat on the edge of the bed and put her hand on Wanda's thigh. "Hey babe, I'm out of the shower." she says softly as she runs her fingertips up and down Wanda's thigh and hip, caressing the skin. Wanda stirs and shudders at the contact. Her eyes open and she sits up, "Oh I didn't realize I dozed off, sorry."