Fear (Part 2)

Authors P.O.V.

The dog moved in and Elijah moved out. The punk is always true to her words and started living with Kate about a month ago. Things have been quiet without her, but she still sees them at school and goes on missions with them. But the strange thing is that whenever the boys bring Hulk on a mission, she tells them that she's sick or doesn't have time.

The rest of the punks know that she just wants to avoid the dog, but don't say anything about it. But at the same time she can't keep avoiding a mission whenever they bring the dog, and that's three times a week, and they need all the help that they can get. Even if they do ask for help from their other friends, they're either busy or don't know of what to do. So this could be a problem.

Anyways, the eldest brother of the human texted Elijah to come to the lair while his lover offered to bring Hulk to his house for the night so that Elijah will actually come to see him. He says that he wants to talk to her about her absences from the missions and to also figure out her strange fear of dogs.

The leader was busy thinking things over, taking guesses of what caused her situation with dogs. Possibly her parents? Most likely, but that was soon interrupted when the girl walked into the living room. He looked up and called for the rest of the brothers so they could all talk and figure this out.

"Okay, first off, why are you avoiding missions that include the dog?" The leader asked, leaning forward.

"I just don't trust it, okay? Isn't that obvious?" Elijah answered honestly, well, half, at least. And the guys could tell by her avoiding eyes.

"Elijah. Tell the truth." He warned.

"I am, Swift. Can we please just leave it at that?"

"No, we need to figure this out, because you just avoiding some dog is causing problems for our missions, and you know that."

"Well maybe if you wouldn't have gotten some stupid mutt, than none of this would've happened. So you brought this on yourselves." Elijah snapped back, glaring at her brother.

"Elijah, answer the question. Why are you so scared of dogs?" M.C asked.

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are."

"Answer the question Elijah." Rebel spoke.

"Why are you so scared?" Swift said.

"Because I don't want to die!!" Elijah yelled, tears evident in her eyes while staring at the floor.

The boys just stared in shock, having no idea of what's going through her head.

"W-What?"

"I am scared of dogs, okay? And it's because..." Elijah trailed off while standing up, lifting up her shirt just enough to reveal a large scar on the left side of her waist. It looked like a bite mark.....

From a dog.

The guys gave a shocked look at the scar and each other. It looked like it took a chunk out of her side.

"Elijah, where did you get that?" Swift asked a minute later after the girl pulled down her shirt and sat back down onto the couch.

Elijah sighed, "My dad kept a Boxer in our backyard, but he raised it as a junkyard dog. I got my dad angry for not buying beers for him one day and he set the dog on me for punishment." Elijah was closing her eyes tightly to keep the tears in, but it was hard since she was telling a story from her abusive past, remembering the horrible memories of those damn demons to surprisingly be called parents. "He didn't stop the dog until I passed out, pretty much close to death....I've been terrified ever since. Anytime I see any kind of dog, I go tense and can't breathe. I can't help but remember those thoughts of that time." Elijah said quietly.

The guys all put their heads down, Swift shaking in rage for someone who actually has the heart to do that to their own kid, any person in particular. "How old were you?" Swift asked in a calm voice.

"Four."

Another silence from the group was created, no one could breathe or move, the air around them was almost thick with tension.

"What kind of fucked up person would do that? And to a fucking four year old?" Ghost spoke up in an angry, but quiet voice.

"My parents. But I'm sorry for freaking out and not standing up to my fears. Also for not going on the missions." Elijah said, slowly calming down her crying and breathing.

"It's okay, Elijah." Swift said, standing up from the chair he was sitting in, and moved to sit next to his sister. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, "Everything's going to be fine." Swift said while hugging her. The leader spared a glance at his brothers with murder in his eyes, indicating that he was very angry with Elijah's parents and was planning on murdering them if he ever saw them in person.

The others felt the same, but at least Elijah was gonna be alright.