Part 3 Of A Punk's Best Friend

Elijah's puppy.

It has been a year since Elijah's dog, Max, had been put to rest and she's gotten over it, misses him, but not upset about it anymore.

The punk has actually been thinking happy things whenever Max gets brought up, making her smile at the funny and happy times with her best friend, it actually brightens up her day. She feels happy now that the Pit-bull isn't in anymore pain, and for that she is grateful for her punk family to convince her to let him go.

Even though she seems happy, Elijah tends to look down and sad whenever she sees someone else playing with their own dog at a park or something, making her smile go down, she misses Max, but she always hides her pain with a fake smile sometimes.

Her friends have noticed lately and have been planning a special surprise for their female friend on her birthday, which is coming up in a couple of days. So they've been working hard for the money that they need to get her present and other essentials.

Anyways, right now Swift, along with Raph, Azazel, and Leo, was sitting on the couch, discussing the big surprise for Elijah's birthday when the punk had walked in, speak of the devil. "Guys, what are you doing?" They heard Elijah's voice from behind them.

The four had snapped their heads to look at her, a little surprised since she was so quiet. "Oh nothing much, we were just going over your birthday is all." Swift answered, but Elijah's poker face was now a sour frown.

"Swift you know of how I feel about my birthday, so why bother? And it doesn't matter anyways, it's only a day where I'm just reminded that I'm old." She groaned, plopping down onto the couch.

Raph chuckled, "We know, but it still doesn't hurt to celebrate right? And plus, turning 18 is not old, it's just being a young adult. You got plenty of time before you start having a bad back."

"That's right Raphie." Swift grinned, moving into his side more since he was already snuggled into Raph's side.

"Save the flirting for somewhere else, or at least do it in front of someone who won't vomit." Elijah grumbled irritably.

Swift rolled his eyes, "You're only jealous because you don't have a relationship like this with Azzy." He mused, a smug look painting his face.

Elijah tried to muffle her laugh, "Please, you think I wanna have sex with him 24/7 a day? We're not the ones who go into heat because last time I checked, you guys are turtles and we're humans." She mused, smirking at Raph's and Swift's beat red faces.

"It's true guys, sorry." Azazel hopped into the conversation, defending his girlfriend's statement.

"Anyways, don't do anything all that big or special, just you guys, our friends if you want, and some pizza with a movie is fine with me. Knock yourself out with the topping." Elijah explained simply, getting up from the couch and walking up the stairs to her room.

The three mutants had then looked over at Azazel, confusion taking over their green faces. "Dude, it just makes me wonder of what you even see in her. I get scared just by saying hi to her." Raph said.

The guy only smiled, "I have my reasons."

*Time Skip*

It was the day and everybody was all in the living room watching some TV and eating pizza, like Elijah had requested, but the punk did some gifts from her friends, like a new set of survival knives and T-shirts with band names. This was a pretty nice birthday for her and the others, but there was one more gift Elijah had to open, only she didn't know yet. The girl did question of why Swift and Raph weren't here, they said that they went down the road from the lair to get something, but it's been about thirty minutes, almost an hour and she was getting suspicious. She also didn't miss out on the constant excited and anxious glances she keeps getting from her friends that were sitting around her.

Finally the two turtles had arrived, Raph holding a couple of plastic bags and Swift holding a box with holes on the sides and a red ribbon tied into a bow on the top. "Guys, turn off the TV. Elijah, we have one more gift for you, it just took some time to get all this stuff." Swift had said, giving her a sheepish smile.

The two had walked over to her and Swift sat down on her left side, Azazel on her right and everyone else staring at the female punk. The leader had then gently placed the box on her lap. She looked over at him suspiciously, "What's this?" She asked.

He only smiled excitedly, "Just open it."

Elijah looked back at the box and hesitated, but grabbed the lid to the box and carefully open it. When the lid was fully off, out popped a small Rottweiler puppy, panting and tail wagging. The punk couldn't believe her widened eyes, the guys had gotten her a new puppy, just for her.

"You guys..." She trailed off, still shocked at her present; she couldn't even stop staring at the happy little puppy dog. Elijah had then picked it up and held it in her arm while pushing the box to the floor with her other, then comfortably placed it in her lap and pet it. "Got me a new dog?" She asked, finally looking up at her friends.

"Of course, we...just felt really bad about you loosing Max and..well we thought that this might cheer you up." Swift explained.

"He's right, we haven't seen you smile all that much from that time, so we thought that this might cheer you up. And it's boy, too, by the way." Swift said.

"You didn't have to."

"We wanted to. Anything to get that sour look off your face." Raph mused, smiling smugly.

"I don't have a sour look." She defended, but everyone else just said, 'yeah right' or 'sure' sarcastically.

"So?" Swift asked.

"What?" Elijah asked back, looking at him in confusion.

"What are you gonna name him?"

Elijah just stared at him and then at the puppy, a thinking face took over her features. "I was thinking of...well, what about K-9?" She said as if she wasn't sure if it was a good name.

"I think it's a good name, I can't think of anything else." M.C responded.

"Same, plus it's a cool badass name." Swift said, everyone else nodding in agreement.

"Alright then, K-9 it is." Elijah declared, holding up the Rottweiler in pride. "Welcome to the family K-9." She said with a smile, the puppy yipping in happiness.