I Just Want To Be Part Of The Family - Part 3 (Human!Turtles)

Elijah's P.O.V.

Okay so... I'm now with Swag at their house for a hang out, even though I didn't want to, but I guess I'm kinda thankful since I'm not with my 'family' right now. After what happened about a few hours ago, I was quiet, mostly just spacing out and re-thinking of what was said between me and Swift, same with him and Swag. Why did these guys care about me in the first place? Last time I checked, no one even wanted me around. So, why are these guys different? And to top it all off, they are the most popular guys in school and I'm in their house, who is a nobody, a freak, an outcast...

I was then snapped out of my thoughts when fingers were snapped in front of my face. "Hey Elijah, you okay?" Raph asked me, looking concerned, but I only nodded and looked down.

"I'm fine."

"If you say so." He replied back, but I knew that he didn't believe me.

"Hey guys?" I heard Mikey call out.

"What Mike?" Raph called out.

"I invited some friends over, is that fine?"

"Sure."

"Okay! They're gonna be here soon anyway!" Mikey said excitedly. Friends? As in, more than just us five?! Oh no...

I then started to get fidgety and sweaty. What if these people are from our school and know of who I am? Oh man, I'm going to ruin Swag's reputation for sure! I gotta leave before thins get ugly. That's when I stood up from the couch.

"Uh- you know what, I think I should start heading home. Thanks for your help today." I said, turning around.

"You really wanna go back to that house?" Raph asked, not moving from his stop, but I stopped in my tracks.

"I-I don't know." I said quietly.

"Elijah, come here." He ordered, and I hesitated, but listened. I turned around with my head down still and stood in front of him, waiting.

All of sudden, he grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me into his lap, leaving me confused.

"W-What are you doing? Raph, let go." I said, pushing on his chest, but his grip on me only tightened.

"We want you here with us, that way you'll be okay and won't get hurt." He said in such a sweet and soft voice that I almost melted in his warm touch. It was nice.

Just then, the door bell rang, signifying that their friends were here. I then saw Mikey, out of the corner of my eye, run towards the door in a hurry, like he was excited to show his new puppy or something. I heard voices and laughing, the footsteps were next and coming towards the living room where Raph and I were. I quickly climbed out of his hold and sat a few inches away from him to give him some space.

"Hey Raph, what's up? Who's the girl?" I heard a male voice speak to the boy next to me.

"Nothing. And why don't you ask her yourself?" He snapped back at him.

"Alright then," He said and sat on a chair in front of me, bending down a little to look at my face, but instead he caught my eyes and I looked up a little to see three guys all looking at me. "What's your name?" One guy with colored hair asked me with a playful and friendly smile.

I looked down a little but answered. "Elijah..." I said softly, but loud enough for everyone to hear me clearly. I've never seen these guys before, so they must go to another school.

"That's a pretty cool name. I'm Anthony, or Tony, by the way." He said. I guess he doesn't seem that bad.

"I'm Caesar and this is Slash." One guy standing next to Raph had an orange and black baseball cap on, he also pointed to a big dude with a leather jacket who was standing next to him. I'm guessing that's Slash. I nodded, silently saying I understand.

Just then, Leo and Donnie came in and Leo sat on the other side of me while Donnie sat on the floor at one end of the coffee table with Mikey at the other end. The room was quiet for a minute when Anthony broke the silence with a question I wish he didn't ask.

"Are you siblings with the Street Punks?" He ended up getting glares from Swag in response.

"Guys it's fine, but yeah. Why do you ask?" I answered.

"Cause you sort of dress like them. Sorry, I was curious." He smiled awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's okay, and yes, but they are only my step-brothers."

"What's it like to have them as brothers? I bet they are always so overprotective of you." I frowned at that.

"They could care less about me. Even if I was dead..." I said quietly, silencing everyone. I could tell they were all staring at me in confusion, but I was so busy thinking over the horrible things and words that were thrown at me from them, I didn't realize that I was crying until Raph wiped a tear from my cheek.

"Elijah?" He asked softly.

I then blinked the tears away and wiped the ones that did escape, standing up from the couch and grabbing my backpack from the floor and then slinging it over my shoulder. "You know, i've had fun, but I really should get going. It was nice meeting you guys." I said quickly with a smile, but I knew that they knew that it was fake. I didn't give them time to say anything because I was already out the door and running home.

That was close...

*Time Skip*

Once I walked through the door, I was immediately face to face with my brothers, who were looking pissed as ever. "Where were you?" Swift asked with his arms crossed. I only looked at him with a poker face and walked past him, but then he grabbed my arm, only I was still looking forward. "Tell us Eli." He said calmly, scaring me a little.

"It's Elijah. And why do you care? Not like you ever did before." I snapped back and yanked my arm out of his hold. I was about to continue to walk to my room, but then four bodies rushed over to stand in front of me again. "Could you move?" I groaned out, annoyed because I just want to go to my room and be alone.

"Because we are your brothers." He answered. I only looked at him like he just killed himself. Now? NOW HE WANTS TO BE MY BROTHER!!!?!???!? What the fuck is wrong with these four?!

"What do you mean YOU'RE MY BROTHERS!??!!?!?! Now you want to be my family!? Make up your fucking mind! Do you hate me or actually care for me?! God, why did that slutty bitch who doesn't even deserve to be called a mother decide to be apart of some family who hates me so much, even though I did nothing to you in the first place!?!?" I yelled at them. But at the same time, I was yelling at myself, too.

"I just don't know what to do anymore! My whole life I tried to keep that demon woman happy and proud of me for just once in my life. Even when she got married again, I thought that everything would be different, but no, my nightmare only had to get even worse and even more painful. Suffering every single goddamn second of my life to just survive this torture until I finally get to move out. WHEN DOES MY SUFFERING AND PAIN FUCKING END!???!!!?!?!" I shouted out the last part and landed on my knees, holding my head in my hands and trying to control my sobs.

When does it stop? When does it ever stop...