Christmas Special (Part 1)

Description: Elijah doesn't find the point in celebrating such a holiday, you'll know why.

Be prepared to cry!!

Authors P.O.V.

Elijah had never celebrated Christmas.

Her whole life her family had either ignored her or beat her, always going out at night to get drunk and never celebrating any holidays or Elijah's birthday. But when she turned seven, she ran away from home and wandered the streets, until four punk turtle tots were wandering an ally way to search for food or supplies and noticed a lost girl about their age, all tuckered out from what seemed like she was running and was crying.

They then took her in that day and became a close family. They even introduced Elijah to their friends, Caesar, Slash, Anthony, Ruka, Jett, Pharaoh, Leather Head, Swag, And so many others, which she is grateful for.

Anyways, because of her past experiences, Elijah doesn't really know how to celebrate the holidays, I mean, she knows of what they celebrate for, how they celebrate, and all that shit. But she's used to not celebrating, she's so used to it that she actually thinks that it's normal to not celebrate. Plus, she doesn't want to bother anyone or ruin their fun and happy holiday, so the 17 year old girl just sat in her room until it was all over.

Anyways, the Street Punks were busy decorating and getting things ready for their Christmas party that they have every year with friends and family. So, Elijah then decided to go downstairs to go check on them to make sure that M.C wasn't burning anything down.

Elijah got up from her bed and walked to her bedroom door, opened it, and headed downstairs. Once she landed on the last step, she went into the kitchen, walked over to the fridge, opened the door and looked inside to see of what she could eat.

"Hey Eli." The leader of the gang, Swift, greeted her with a smile. Elijah looked up at him while closing the fridge and smiled up at him.

"Hey, the place looks great." Elijah said to him and looked around the lair, amazed at the beautiful decorations.

"Thanks. So Eli, you excited for Christmas!?" Swift said excitedly, his smile increasing.

"Uh, I guess?" Elijah said it more like a question, frowning a little while looking somewhere else but her leader's eyes, not looking all that excited and her tone of voice sounded a little depressed.

That made the turtle frown, "What's wrong? You okay?" Swift asked in concern and worried for his adopted sister.

"Yeah, its just, um... never mind." Elijah still didn't look at him, but stayed still in her spot with her hand rubbing the back of her neck. "You know I don't celebrate these kinds of things." Elijah muttered, but Swift heard it, which made him frown at her, his face looked saddened by her response.

"Eli, does this kind of thing remind you of... that?" Swift asked in a careful voice, scared if he had triggered something in his teammate.

Elijah looked down, ashamed, "I'm sorry." Elijah whispered, loud enough so he could hear it.

"Hey, hey, don't bring yourself down, Eli. It's okay, we understand. But you know what? It's in the past now, so you don't have to worry." Swift encourages and smiles at her.

"Thanks Swift, but... I can't. I don't want to be a burden on you guys, and plus I'm fine with it. It's not a big deal. Merry Christmas." Elijah pulls off a small smile, grabs an apple and then walks back up to her room, shutting the door behind her.

Once Elijah was out of sight, the rest of the group walked into the kitchen and looked up at the female punks' bedroom door. "You guys heard, didn't you?" The blue punk asked his brothers, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah." Rebel said.

"I wish she could just give it a chance for once and know that she's not doing anything wrong." The leader sighs, walking over to the couch and sitting down, his brothers following suit.

"Hey, we're on the same page as you, man. But Elijah's tough and stubborn, once she has her mind made up, she doesn't change it. You know that." M.C tried to remind his eldest brother.

"I know, but still. I want her to have more faith and see things differently."

"Elijah had a tough life, Swift. We can't force her, and after what she went through, it pretty much scarred her for life and she can't get rid of those memories." Rebel adds.

"Hmmm...." The leader hums in thought, then gasps, turning the others attention to him. "Wait a minute. What if we surprise her. Eli thinks it's our usual holiday party, right? Well, how about we have it as Elijah's first Christmas party. She'll have no idea, but she'll love it." Swift explains, the boys already agreeing. The mutants then plan a few things and take care of a few decorations and then go to sleep after texting the plan to their friends who are coming.

The boys just want to help Elijah out of that dark place and bad memories whenever she sees something that reminds her of the past. But they're willing to help her no matter what and show her that they love it when she's around, making everything feel normal and more comfortable.