What Makes You Beautiful

Description: Elijah's been noticing of how most girls and even her friends where makeup but she doesn't, she doesn't feel beautiful or even confident in herself. But the guys prove her wrong.

Authors P.O.V.

Ugly

Monster

Freak

Your face causes me nightmares.

Those words have been haunting Elijah for about a month now. It happened ever since when Chelsea, the school slut, was trying to give the punk a hard time, and of course Elijah was ignoring her as always. But there was something that stuck with the human. Chelsea said that she looked ugly without makeup.

Now Elijah doesn't really let things get to her that easily, but the more she thought about it, she started questioning herself. Was she really ugly? Her friends never said anything about it, but were they just trying to keep it from her? Was the plastic bitch actually right?

Elijah didn't want to believe it, but it felt like it was true. The Punk had then started to where sweatshirts more with her hood on, and covering her face with a black surgical mask, too. She's also been hiding away in her room 24/7 when she's home, and at school she just disappears and ignores her friends. They've been noticing her actions, but they thought that she was catching a cold or something, since it was the fall season.

Anyways, Elijah had started to get very negative and hate anonymous text messages, probably from the bullies at school, saying of how she's not pretty and never will be, or of why she has such attractive friends but she's not. All of this happened about two weeks ago and her phone is blown up of these text messages. She didn't bother deleting them since they just keep coming back. Elijah had pretty much given up on fighting back, she felt like it doesn't matter and that all of this would pass, but it's been going on for weeks now and they won't stop because they think it's funny.

Because of this, her mood has been really down and depressed, all the Punk wants to do is just hide away from the world forever. Elijah has also been crying herself to sleep by reading those damn messages every night. The girl doesn't want to give in and wants to so badly believe that she's fine the way she is, but she couldn't find anything beautiful or perfect about herself. All she saw was a girl with a plain face, piercings, and a body covered in baggy, dark clothes.

Elijah hated herself and for not even trying to look like the other girls, but it's just not her style. Now that the Punk thinks about it, she's never been called beautiful or pretty, just scary and angry. That thought made her cry even more now. The human was standing in front of her full body mirror and looking at the many things wrong with her, calling herself the names that everyone else had called her. Elijah was also holding her phone that kept going off, indicating new messages.

She kept on crying and crying when she heard a knock on her bedroom door, "Eli? The guys are here, come on down." Elijah heard Swift say and then his footsteps soon disappeared down the hallway and down the stairs. Elijah took a moment to collect herself; wiping away her tears and pulling off a fake smile. She then pulled her hood up after putting on her black surgical mask, put her phone in her hoodie pocket, and walked out of her room and down the stairs.

Elijah found all of the guys of the group laughing away in the living room when they spotted the girl standing awkwardly by the steps. "Hey Elijah, come over here. We wanna tell you something funny that happened today." Leo said, waving her over, but she made no movement.