Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

Elijah's knife

Authors P.O.V.

"Give it back, M.C!!" Elijah yelled at the turtle while chasing him through the lair. M.C had just taken Elijah's notebook with songs and poems that she's been working on lately for a hobby. She thought it was better than going out and beating people up or having sex with Kate all the time whenever she was bored. Anyways, M.C is a prankster and he loves to annoy, piss off, and prank his friends and siblings just to get a laugh out of it, because... well, he's M.C, what can you say?

But Elijah was not a big fan of it and can get easily pissed off whenever someone takes her things, and so, she has been chasing M.C for the past five minutes now through the lair. The brothers and Swag were all on the couch and just watching TV, but with M.C laughing and Elijah yelling at him, that's all they can hear, and they're not even helping to give back her book because they know that Elijah likes to take care of her own problems and if they step in, well then they're gonna get their shells kicked.

The guys aren't even effected by this because M.C does this to her a lot and had gotten used to Elijah's rampage and yelling of anger. They are basically used to it.

"Haha, or what? You gonna put me in timeout, Eli?" He said mockingly, smirking at her while waving her notebook teasingly, only making her more pissed and glare daggers.

"If you don't give me back my notebook then so help me, M.C, I'll fucking bash your head into the wall and crush your balls with your own baseball bat." She threatened with so much venom dripping from her tone. Her threat was so bad it literally made the guys on the couch flinch and cross their legs, trying not to think about that.

M.C only snickered, "I'd like to see you try." He challenged.

Oh, he was playing such a dangerous game he was.

Elijah then smirked evilly with a mischievous glint in her eyes that M.C had a bad vibe to. "You wanna play? Fine," She said and pulled out her survival knife, slowly stalking her way towards the Punk. She gestured him towards her with her finger, "Lets play." But M.C started backing up in fear. "Aww, come on M.C, I thought you wanted to have some fun." She said in a creepy voice, the mutants on the couch now turned off the TV and turned their heads to face the two.

"Y-You know what? I-I think I had enough fun today." He stuttered in a quivering voice, taking a step back whenever Elijah took a step forward. The turtle then placed her notebook on the floor gently and backed off with his hands up in surrender. "Hey, Elijah... hehe, y-you aren't mad, uh- are you? It was only a little prank, right? I-I was only messing around?" He laughed nervously with sweaty palms, now he's getting scared.

"Me? Mad? Oh no, of course not. Why would I be mad at my dear brother that just loves to get on my fucking nerves?" She growled out that last fact and glared even harder. Her words made M.C gulp and back away from her even more. Elijah then took that as cue and threw her knife into the punching bag that was behind M.C and landed right next to his neck. Making everyone freeze. Elijah grabbed her notebook on the floor and walked up to the terrified turtle who was shaking in fear. "If you ever, ever touch my stuff again, you will fucking regret it. Do you understand?" She said with a stone hard glare. He nodded his head immediately.

"Y-Yes ma'am." He said in a shaky voice.

"Then we're done." She smiled innocently and grabbed her knife that was plunged into the bag,  walking off up to her room. Once they heard her door close, the guys all let out their breaths of relief. Finally the monster was back into her lair.

M.C then walked into the living room and sat on the couch. "God she fucking scares me."

"Yeah, well then don't pull pranks or take her things from her again, and maybe you'll live." Rebel said a-matter-of-factly.

M.C rolled his eyes, "It was only for some fun, I don't know why she gets so angry about it. Doesn't she even know of how to have fun?"

Swift then looked at his brother, "Yes, she does, but she doesn't like it when someone takes her things with or without asking. Come on man, you should know of how she is by now." He reasoned.

"But she should know of when to chill and not pull weapons on us whenever she gets angry!" He said in slight irritation.

"Well, yeah sometimes, but still. This is just how she is, M.C. I'd thought you would've been used to this by now. And plus, you did take something that was personal from her, I would understand of why she would've gone ballistic if that was gone." Swift said.

M.C then looked at him, "That's because you have a closer relationship with her than out of all of us. I have a feeling she trusts you more than us."

"That's not true and you know it. She trusts and loves us equally. It's just, well..." He rubbed the back of his neck and avoided the other mutants' gazes, "It's complicated. All I can say is that we've had more time together. And you guys also know that it's hard for Elijah to open just like that. She's not much of a touchy, honest person if you know what I mean. She's not much of a talker and doesn't like to talk about her feelings, in fact, she hates it." He tried to explain clearly.

They all nodded at his words, sort of understanding of what he was trying to say. "If you guys want to have that sort of relationship with her that I have, then how about stop acting like a bunch of pussies and actually talk to her and get her to open up to you instead of pissing her off." He said and stood up from the couch, "I'm gonna go check on her." He said and walked towards Elijah's room. But before he went any further, he stopped and looked back over his shoulder and stared at the seven turtles, "Just take my advice, you'll see of how different she can be." And with that, he turned back around and went into the punk's room and closed the door.

The guys all took a moment of silence. M.C was thinking harder about what his brother said.

'Maybe... he's right.'