[79] Steve Rogers

You were Steve's boss

-/-

The supplies needed for this mission were all lined up. You were now checking everything off of the list you had clutched in one hand; to see if your assistants gathered all that was necessary.

"Daggers? Check. Ammo? Check. Handgun? Check. Steel arm? Che-, wait what?" you check your list and the table once more.

Your eyes didn't fool you, there really was a steel arm, one you recognize from usually being attached to Bucky's shoulder, was lying in front of you on the table.

With a deep breath you turn back around and raise your voice, "who of you 'funny' people did this?" you point to the arm so all the people listening would understand.

The crowd remains silent until someone walks through the door. Steve was in his suit, all ready to go. "I did," he says nonchalant.

"I know you're sending us on this mission. But we can't do it without him and he can't do anything without his arm."

You bite your lip and your hand automatically makes its way to tick on the clipboard you were still holding. Considering the dangerous mission it was quite handy to have someone lend an extra hand, or arm in this case.

"Fair enough. Then I'm coming with you."

Steve nods, he has to respect your decisions since you're his boss. Not that he always does that but he tries his best.

"Let's go get Bucky."

***

Would you rather drive around with Steve or ride a motorcycle with Bucky?

I love Steve. He remains superior.