Christmas Lights Injury-Louis

Start from the beginning

Harry wiped at his now runny nose with a shaky hand and let the tears fall down his cheeks. "Baby, I'm right here. It's gonna be okay." He didn't really know if Louis was going to be okay, but he didn't know what else to say. He didn't want to think otherwise. "Mike's here and he's called an ambulance." He grabbed onto Louis's hand, not sure where else he could touch him. He didn't know where the blood was coming from either, but he knew he needed to stop it. He also noticed Louis shivering. "I'm gonna get you a blanket. Be right back."

Mike stayed with him during the minute that Harry was gone in the house. When Harry returned, he came out with several dish towels to use as bandages and a large soft blanket and draped it over Louis to help keep him warm. Louis had his eyes shut tightly as he shivered.

"Baby, where are you hurt?" Harry asked, not as calmly as he would have liked. His voice was wavering and filled with worry.

Louis's teeth chatted as he winced and said, "Everywhere."

Harry lowered his head, rubbing the tears from his eyes. He rubbed Louis's hands, trying to comfort him and keep him warm until the ambulance came. They had told Mike to keep him talking and to keep him warm, and that whatever they did, not to move him.

"I'm so sorry, baby," Harry cried. A tear landed on Louis's head. "They'll be here soon. We need to get the bleeding to stop. I need to see where you're hurt."

Louis moaned again, wincing and gritting his teeth. His back hurt and so did his legs, really badly. He breathed in deeply and a wave of pain exploded in his lower back. He cried out with a yelp and Harry felt so helpless.

"What hurts the most?" Mike asked him.

"My back," Louis said.

Harry began to really study Louis's body and he noticed most of the blood was coming from his lower body, particularly his legs. He started to lift Louis's jeans to see if his legs were bleeding, but Louis screamed out loudly. Harry couldn't risk hurting him even more. He couldn't.

He didn't know what to do for him except to rub his hands and kiss his forehead.

A minute later, the heavenly sound of sirens filled the afternoon air, and the paramedics finally arrived and pulled up at the side of the road. Two older men rushed out with a stretcher and were asking everyone what happened.

Mike explained, "I heard a loud thump and Louis had fallen from the roof right there when he was hanging the Christmas lights, so I went to grab Harry and called you guys."

One of the paramedics checked his pulse and then checked Louis's pupils. Harry pulled back the blanket to show them the blood, which had gotten bigger. They quickly put on a neck brace and transferred him into the ambulance, with Harry riding in the back with him.

They made Harry wait in the waiting room while they ran tests to see the extent of his injuries. In the meantime, Harry sent a group text to Niall and Liam to tell them the news. Liam immediately called him after he found out.

"How is he, Harry?" Liam asked over the phone.

"I don't know yet. They're still running tests," Harry told him. He took out a tissue from his pocket and dabbed at his wet eyes.

"I'm coming over with Niall pretty soon. Keep us posted, okay?"

"Ok. I'll call you as soon as I find out anything."

Not too much longer, a doctor started making his way to Harry. Harry stood up quickly, waiting for some good news.

"Are you Harry Styles?" the doctor asked.