Haunted House

This was a prompt that my sister and I came up with.  She may or may not write one as well.  I love Halloween!  Hope you like this one. 

Words: 2,569

It was finally autumn, Harry and Louis's favorite time of year. The air was crisp, jackets were adorned, and the air had a certain smell to it. Halloween would be here pretty soon. Louis loved Halloween. He loved being scared, giving candy to trick-or-treaters, and even better, watching scary movies with Harry. That's what they were doing right now, and Harry was grasping onto Louis like there was no tomorrow.

The movie was at an intense scene, one where the bad guy was trying to attack the girl in the house while she was all alone. "Don't go upstairs! You stupid girl!" Harry yelled, talking to the TV.

Louis was staring just as intently at the screen, feeling Harry's grasp on his thigh getting even tighter. He didn't mind it. That was one of the benefits to watching scary movies with him. Harry wasn't very big on scary things. He was more easily scared, but he was always willing to do things like this with Louis anyway, mainly because he knew how Louis could be. With Louis, it was almost like he had no choice.

By the end of the movie, Harry was practically on top of Louis, both covered by a blanket. The credits began to roll, along with the scary music, and Louis had an idea. "So Haz," Louis said with a pause. "I was thinking..."

"Yeah? What?" Harry said, getting off of Louis's lap.

"You wanna go to that Haunted House tomorrow night?" He grinned, expecting his reaction to be a negative one.

"Which one? The one they've been advertising on the radio?" Harry asked hesitantly, not too keen on the idea.

"Yeah. Slaughter House. I think it'd be fun," Louis said, wrapping his arm around Harry's shoulders.

"We just watched this scary movie and that wasn't good enough for you?" Harry said with a laugh. He was still uneasy after the movie, as if the bad guy could jump out at them at any moment.

"Yeah. Come on! Please?"

"I don't know. I hate haunted houses, and I hate getting scared." Harry lifted the blanket up to his mouth, hiding part of his face.

"Harry," Louis said, drawling out his name. "I know, but that's what makes it fun! You can hang onto me the whole time so I can protect you."

Harry considered this for a moment. It was true. He did like clinging to Louis and letting him be his strong, protective man. Maybe he could try it just this once since he's never actually gone through a haunted house before. "I guess so," he said without much enthusiasm.

*

The next evening when it started to become dark outside, Harry and Louis drove up to the Slaughter House and parked the car. Harry was becoming pretty uneasy, and Louis could sense it. Harry was being extra quiet and looking down at the ground.

"Harry, it'll be fun. I promise." Louis lead them to the line to buy tickets so they could enter. It was cold outside, so they kept their hands in their pockets, walking shoulder to shoulder.

Harry didn't answer. His stomach was feeling queasy and he was shaking, and not just from the chilly temperature.

They waited for ten minutes until they made it to the front. "Two tickets, please," Louis said, getting out his wallet. Harry watched Louis pay and felt his heart rate speed up. There was no turning back now. It was time to enter the dark building.