Skiing Crash-Louis

This is a request for speedypie

Words: 3,646

The boys were enjoying their first day in the mountains in Utah taking a skiing holiday. They had a nice cabin to stay in that fit all four of them comfortably. Louis was currently skiing down the snowy mountain, the hairs in his nose freezing, indicating that it was probably somewhere in the negatives. Saying it was cold was an understatement.

Louis wasn't the best at skiing. He had done it only a small handful of times. The others were a little more experienced, but not by much. He looked over to his left and someone had passed him, shouting something at him, but Louis didn't know what. The back of his green jacket told Louis that it was Niall.

Not long later, Louis had joined Niall at the bottom of the hill. "You looked really good out there, Nialler," Louis said. He wiped his runny nose with the back of his gloved hand.

"Yeah, and so did you. You're getting better at this," Niall said, the coldness bringing out the redness of his cheeks.

They both looked up the hill to see that Harry and Liam were getting ready to join them. "Come on, lads! Let's go!" Louis called out to them, while Niall waved them forward.

Harry waved and then dug his ski poles into the snow and pushed off. Liam followed suit, and soon they were both soaring down the white hill. When they were at the bottom, they rode the ski lift to the top. It had been a long and freezing day, and they were all ready to call it a night, but Louis wanted to go just one more time.

"Okay, I'll go with you, babe," Harry said, taking Louis's hand in his. A shiver ran down Louis's spine with the feel of Harry's touch. He loved that they could be together like this without any consequences. No one could recognize them with all their ski gear on, so there was no reason why they couldn't hold hands.

"Well, Niall and I are gonna get warm in the cabin. Meet ya there," Liam said.

Harry and Louis stood at the top of the mountain, ready to go down. "Let's make some hot chocolate when we get back," Louis said. "It's gotten colder out here."

"Yeah, that sounds good," Harry said. "Ready?" They looked down the steep hill towards the bottom.

"Yep. 1,2,3, go!" Louis yelled and then they pushed off at a high speed. The chilly wind bit at their faces, making their noses and cheeks feel numb. They were together most of the time until Harry pulled forward, gaining speed. Louis laughed and dug his ski poles deeper into the snow and was able to keep up with his husband.

The ride was exhilarating as their bodies felt light and free. Louis was doing fine until something happened. Maybe he got overconfident or maybe he leaned his body to the side too far, but something threw him off. One minute he was soaring down the hill next to Harry having the time of his life, and the next minute, he was stumbling, trying to keep upright.

His body fell to the ground at bruising speeds and he tumbled the rest of the way down the hill.

Wide-eyed and slack-jawed, Harry yelled out to him. "Louis!" He quickened his pace as his heart began racing. He came to a jerky stop beside Louis and threw down his poles. Louis's body had finally stopped moving and Harry squatted down next to him. "Honey, are you okay? What happened?" Harry took off Louis's ski goggles.

Louis was wincing and groaning in pain. "I don't know. I just fell." His whole body hurt. "Ahh, ow!" Everything felt bruised and sore, and he felt an intense ache in his ankle and wrist.