Strep Throat-Louis

This is a request from cadymn .  Hope you like it!  

Words: 2,249

''Wake up, babe! I made us breakfast!" Harry announced happily from the kitchen. Louis had just gotten up out of bed and used the bathroom, wondering why his throat was a little sore. He hoped he wasn't getting a cold.

He could smell the scent of waffles and strawberries as he made his way towards the kitchen. He saw Harry with his white apron on, pouring a couple glasses with orange juice. Harry's eyes met his as Louis made his way to the table.

''Ooo, what's this?'' Louis asked, eying all the yummy food.

''We have waffles with strawberries and whip cream and orange juice,'' Harry said happily, pulling back Louis's chair, offering him to sit down.

''It looks lovely, babe. Thanks!" he told his younger husband, grinning. One thing Louis loved about Harry was his ability to cook. He was quite the chef, and he often surprised Louis with big, elaborate breakfasts.

Louis ate a few bites of the delicious meal, devouring every bite. Harry looked over at him fondly, mouth full of food, with a big smile on his face. Harry loved making his Louis happy.

Louis took a few swigs of orange juice and winced slightly at the pain in his throat. It wasn't that bad, but was definitely more prevalent each time he swallowed food or drink.

''What's the matter, Lou? Something wrong?'' Harry asked with a frown. He picked up his fork, cutting a few more pieces of his waffle, as he kept an eye on Louis.

Louis didn't want to worry the boy, nor did he think it was anything serious. ''Nothing. Just a little sore throat. It's not bad,'' he said, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

''Oh, well it's probably the start of a cold. We've got some pain relievers in the medicine cabinet. I just bought some more yesterday at the store, '' Harry said, nonchalantly.

After the meal, Louis helped Harry clean up the kitchen, and then they met the other boys at the studio to practice songs for their new album. They spent the entire day there, singing and working with the producer, trying to get a feel for each of their new songs.

As the day wore on, Louis's throat began paining him more and more. Niall seemed to notice. ''You okay, lad?" he asked him, seeing Louis in obvious distress.

''My throat's been sore all day. It seems to be getting worse," Louis said, frowning.

''Oh, well you're in luck,'' Niall said, rummaging his hands through his pockets. ''You probably caught my cold from last week, and I have a couple cough drops still in my pockets,'' he said, handing them over to him.

''Thanks, mate. Appreciate it,'' Louis said, unwrapping one of the cherry-flavored cough drops. The menthol was cold and soothing to his irritated throat. Maybe he was right. Maybe he was just getting a cold.

Harry returned to the room after having used the restroom. He walked over to Louis, eying him quizzically. ''Whatcha got?" he asked, making circular motions around his own mouth.

''A cough drop from Niall,'' he told him, sucking on the candy.

''Still sore then?'' he asked, scratching his head, face becoming serious.

''Yeah, getting a little worse,'' Louis admitted.

''Well, did you take any pain meds?" Harry asked.