Louis-Sick at the Concert

As I promised, here's a new Louis-Sick Fic.  Hope you like it!

"Okay, boys, let's run through the last song and then we'll take a break before the show," one of their managers said. ''Start the music!"

They had been at the concert area in preparing for their show that night for hours. Their team had set up the stage and the boys were doing sound check, running through their songs and making sure everything would run smoothly for tonight. Louis was having an awfully bad time because of his cold, sneezing every few minutes. His throat was irritated and nose was raw.

Harry looked over at his husband with a worried expression. "How are you doing, Boo?" He put a hand to Louis's shoulder.

"Not too good," he replied, rather hoarsely.

The song ''Drag Me Down" started playing and Harry started to sing. He knew Louis was singing after him and he was silently praying that he'd be able to get through it. Louis brought the mic to his mouth and croaked out the words:

If I didn't have you then there' d be nothing left

the shell of a--cough, cough--be his best—cough- see the sun--

--cough--cough

''Cut, cut!" yelled the manager, flailing his arms out madly, trying to get the DJ's attention. The music stopped abruptly, leaving them in a cold silence. "Louis, that's not acceptable. Get some water, take some medicine. You've got to be on top of your game tonight." He put his hands on his hips, staring Louis down. "Okay, let's take a break. Be back here at 7 and don't be late."

The boys went together to McDonalds to get something to eat, relieved to be out of the arena and out from under the watchful eye of their demanding manager. ''Hey, mate, sorry he was so tough on you," Niall said to Louis, handing him his order of small fries. ''Are you really only going to eat that and nothing else?"

Louis took the fries from Niall, his elbow supporting his head in his hand. ''Thanks, mate. And yeah, I'm just not hungry. Don't have much of an appetite." Then he sneezed, wiping his already sore nose into a tissue. Harry sat next to him, rubbing his back in soothing circles.

''Bless you," said Liam. He took a sip of his grape soda. "Do you think you'll be able to perform tonight?"

''Well," he said tiredly, "I think they'll force me to either way. But I'm starting to go hoarse, and I keep"--he coughed--"coughing when I breathe in too"--cough, cough- ''deeply."

''Drink your water, babe." Harry brought Louis's straw to his lips, helping him to sip. Louis let the water run down his throat until his coughing fit was over. ''My poor baby," Harry whispered into his ear. ''Go ahead and eat your fries, Lou. You need your strength for tonight."

Louis ate a few of them just to satisfy Harry. Then he gave the rest to Niall, who was rather pleased.

''Thanks, mate." Niall accepted the fries with a smile and gobbled them up in seconds. The boys laughed as they watched him enjoy his food, putting Louis into another coughing fit.

"I'm okay," Louis managed to say when he saw them all looking at him with concern. ''I'm good, lads."

The time had now come for them to start the concert. The crowd was cheering wildly as the boys entered the stage. Louis squinted through the bright lights as they, along with the loud fans, were giving him a headache. He was beginning to feel even worse than before. Harry then took to the middle of the stage to announce the first song. The music started and the fans were still cheering.

When it was Louis's turn to sing, Harry watched him closely. His voice cracked and he began coughing once again. Thinking quickly, Niall began singing his part for him.

''Be back, Louis," Harry said. Within seconds, he returned with a couple cough drops. He unwrapped one quickly before handing it to him.

After a bit, Louis stopped coughing. "Thanks, Haz." And then they broke apart quickly before Management saw them spending too much time together. After several minutes into the concert, Louis started to feel nauseous. He decided to sit down for a minute to let the feeling subside.

Liam saw him and casually walked over to him while Niall talked to the crowd. "Louis, you doing okay?"

Louis just shook his head and put a hand to his stomach. "I'm feeling a bit sick."

''Do you think you're going to get sick?" Liam asked, worried for his bandmate.

''Maybe." Louis hoped he wouldn't, but he couldn't lie to himself that it wouldn't happen.

''If you feel like you might, run off stage. We'll cover for you," Liam said, patting his shoulder. Louis nodded without looking at him. Liam then left his side to interact with the fans at the front of the stage.

Moments later another song began playing. When it was nearing the time for him to sing, the boys looked at him, wondering if he would be able to perform. He signaled to them by shaking his head. Liam took his part for him this time. He caught several worried glances from Harry, but he dared not get too close to Louis again for fear of management.

About halfway through the song he felt somewhat better. The nausea had passed. So he got up from his seat and began slowly walking the stage, every now and then he bent over to touch some of the fans' hands.

But the feeling lasted prematurely. Another wave of nausea rose over him and he felt his stomach lurch. He bent over, hands clutching his stomach before automatically stealing a glance at Harry. He then ran behind the stage towards the bathrooms, barely making it there in time. Everything he had eaten that morning to the supper he had the night before was in the toilet. When he thought he was done, he was forced to hover the toilet yet again. When it was over, he continued to kneel over the toilet, hands around the bowl, breathing fast and uneven. He heard footsteps behind him as the stall door opened.

''Sweetie, are you okay?" It was Harry. Louis was so happy to hear his voice. He had a calming effect on him.

Louis wiped his mouth with some toilet paper before responding with, "I think so."

Harry gently lifted his husband off the floor with his strong arms and flushed the toilet. Then he helped Louis to the sink so he could clean himself up. ''I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, love." He kissed his forehead. ''You feel a little warm to me." He wrapped his arms around him, holding him tight. Louis stayed silent, taking it all in. He felt safe and comforted in Harry's arms. He didn't want it to end. ''I don't care what management says. If they want you out there all night, then you can just sit there in one spot like you were before. If they've got a problem with it, they can take it out with me."

Louis liked it when Harry got feisty with management over him. It assured him of how much Harry loved him.

Harry did talk to management about Louis being sick and how he almost lost it all on stage. They didn't want it to come to that and having the boys slip on vomit, so they relented and let Louis stay seated the whole night. Niall announced to the fans why Louis wasn't playing around like his usual self, and they were all very understanding.

Harry continued to casually stroll over to his baby to check up on him, and sometimes all four of the boys sang the entire song sitting down with him so he felt included. He didn't get sick again after the first time, but there were still some sneezing and coughing fits. However, Harry was ready with a supply of tissues and cough drops in his pockets for whenever Louis needed him.

Did you like it, y'all??  Thanks for reading!  Leave me some feedback if you enjoyed it.  :) :)  Oh, and any requests!