Broken Arms-Louis

Start from the beginning

They both stopped their bikes and dismounted, standing to the left of them.

Harry was panting as well. ''What a workout, yeah?"

Louis nodded, wiping the sweat from the back of his neck with his hand. They stood there in silence for a while, just catching their breath.

''You ready to go again?" Harry asked, feeling refreshed from their respite.

''Yeah,'' Louis replied. ''Ready if you are.''

They mounted their bikes once again, slowly getting back to their usual pace. The roads were winding and full of hills, but that just made going downhill even more fun. They coasted as they went down, sometimes having to put on their brakes to keep from going too fast.

As they rode, Harry spotted a familiar area next to one of the houses. ''Hey Louis, the trail!" Harry yelled, remembering how one time they rode through it. It was a woody area with lots of trees. It wasn't the most well-defined trail as far as markers went, but they finished the trail in under ten minutes last time and was a lot of fun. It was something different to ride through other than the streets. ''Wanna go?"

''Yeah, sure!" Louis said, nodding. Louis picked up speed, trying to get closer to Harry. He wanted to make sure he kept Harry in his sights because the worst thing would be to get lost in the woods. They were going pretty fast as they made their way down a hill.

Within seconds, they entered the trail. Louis had to put on his brakes because he was riding too fast. Harry had already made it in, being a couple yards ahead of him. As he entered the woods, and before he could slacken the pace, his front tire hit something hard and solid. Louis let out a gasp. Before he knew what hit him, he was suddenly airborne, flying over the handlebars.

He thrashed about, more scared than he'd ever been in his life. He was clawing at nothing but air, several feet off the ground. He let out a yelp as he slammed painfully onto the ground, his hands outstretched to catch himself.

He felt disoriented. It all happened so fast. First he was riding into the woods, and then somehow, he was crouched down on all fours, completely shaken up. He shook his head, bringing himself out of the daze. And that's when it hit him.

Pain tore through his wrists, and his legs felt as if they were on fire. ''Ah, Harry!"' he called in agony.

''Louis!'' Harry yelled, throwing down his bike, frantically running to his side, worry etched in his clear, green eyes. ''Are you okay?"

Louis sat up, bringing both arms close to his body. He grimaced and shook his head. ''No.''

''What's the matter?'' Harry asked, frowning. ''Are you hu—,'' he started to ask, but then noticed his legs and gasped. His left shin had a two-inch long gash that was bleeding pretty badly, and his other leg had several scrapes. ''You're bleeding, babe,'' he almost whispered.

Without hesitation, Harry quickly removed his own shirt and placed it on Louis's leg to stop the flow of blood. Normally, Louis would've stared at Harry's tan, chiseled abs, but the pain was too much of a distraction. Harry kept his hand on the wound, applying pressure, which caused Louis to yell out. ''Sorry, Lou. But I have to stop the bleeding.'' He kissed his forehead while Louis closed his eyes, grimacing.

Harry then noticed the way he kept his arms in his lap, as if protecting them. ''Are your arms okay? Are you hurt anywhere else?" Harry ran his hands lightly all along Louis's body, from his thighs, ribs, stomach, and shoulders, taking inventory of any damage.

Despite the pain, which was great, Louis was able to somewhat enjoy the attention. Louis mentally took note of where he was hurting. He knew his arms didn't feel right, and he knew it was because of how he landed. He had put all of his weight on them as he fell. And his legs were obviously bleeding and scraped up. But other than that, he seemed to be okay. ''M-my, my w—rists hurt. They feel w-w-eird.'' Despite the heat, he was starting to shiver. He was probably going into shock.