85

Chapter 85 Sparkling Chapter 85
2019-10-03 16:29 Category: My old lady has lost her memoryTurn off the lights

Outside the window is a vast expanse of white snow, and the plants in the yard are all covered in snow, with their branches and stems bent low. Chris stood outside the glass window with his hands in his pockets, glancing in from time to time.

Bernard put down the glasses cloth in his hand and started talking to himself without waiting for Gongyue's answer.

"I think I know what you are about to ask. It was about thirty-six years ago. At that time, I was twenty-eight years old and studying for a Ph.D. at Prince University. My advisor was a researcher in genes and genetics. A prodigy, he had already become a pivotal figure in the academic world before he reached the age of forty. I became his student and was very honored to join the research institute where my mentor worked. That's when I met Youli."

He looked at Miyagoshi, and the girl seemed to appear in front of his eyes, "She is eight years younger than me, but she is taking the same course as me. She is very good, and the instructor also likes her very much. After entering the graduate school, I and I Youli is my partner, but that's because we were the only two newcomers to the lab at that time, and we didn't dare to say much in front of those academic leaders."

"But Youli was smarter than me and worked very hard. After three months, she was transferred to her tutor as an assistant, and I was assigned to another teacher. I probably knew that she was doing very special research with the teacher,"

Bernal looked at Gongyue, whose expression had not changed from when he entered the door, as if he was very pleased, "You and Youli are very similar when they were young, and so is she. No matter what it is, nothing can move her, except of course your father. ,"

Bernard didn't know what he thought of and sighed, "By chance, when I went to the laboratory to get materials at night, I heard Youli arguing with her tutor at the door. She is a person who doesn't lose her temper easily. , the first time I heard her so angry, she said that human beings are born, not created. This sentence was very profound to me, because at that time, the tutor was studying a genetic improvement strategy, not dealing with diseases. , but to change a person's eye color, hair color, finger length, and even preferences for things according to personal ideas and hobbies. When I first heard about it, I thought it was a very great project, but Later, I also had the same opinion as Youli - people are not manufactured in batches like an assembly line. A person's birth is random and specific, and each of us is different. "

When Ye Shanshan heard the words randomness and specificity, he glanced at his fingers. Each finger was in a specific proportion, and even the nails grew at the same arc.

He still remembered that when he was a child, because the nail on his ring finger was slightly different from the other nine fingers, a researcher at that time used tweezers to pull off the nail cap of his ring finger. After injecting the drug, It took another month to grow into the "set" appearance.

Putting his hand back into his pocket, Ye Shanxian heard the old man continue to speak,

"Later, I deliberately observed my mentor and Youli, and found that there was no difference from before. At many top-level conferences, my mentor would still take Youli with him, and occasionally me. Two years later, due to the financial chain, the institute Of course, this was the official reason. I heard from my teacher that it was because the things my supervisor was working on at that time could not meet the requirements of the funders, so I stopped injecting funds and I left the institute and changed. A year later, Youli got married and she finally had a surname. I was very happy for her. "

"I originally thought that I would never interact with her again in my life, but four years later, she found me."

Hearing this, Gong Yue knew that what he wanted to know was coming to the surface.