Chapter 166 Adult

Zhang Jingcheng's apprenticeship was very smooth. Except for missing Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin at night at the beginning, there was no other discomfort. Accountant Yu is a hard-spoken person with a soft heart. Although he is very strict with Zhang Jingcheng in studies, he is still more concerned about his life. Not only was Zhang Jingcheng allowed to eat with him, but there would also be a Zhang Jingcheng favorite dish on the table every time.

Almost every time Zhang Jingcheng comes back from home, he will bring some of the prey Zhang Dayong has shot. Accountant Yu refused at first, but Zhang Jingcheng choked back when he said that Zhang Dayong had brought him extra food. In addition to sighing, Accountant Yu had nothing to do with the Zhang family. He just paid more attention to teaching Zhang Jingcheng arithmetic.

Zhang Qiong'an and Zhang Jingcheng both return home only once every ten days, so only Zhang Dayong, his wife, and the youngest Zhang Hong'an are left at home, so it is inevitable that they will feel a little lonely. Fortunately, since Zhang Qiong'an would go home once every ten days, Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin quickly got used to Zhang Jingcheng's return home once every ten days.

Zhang Jingcheng suddenly stopped coming back at night, so he couldn't hide it from the villagers for too long. Soon the villagers knew that Zhang Jingcheng had stopped studying and had gone to work as an apprentice for a bookkeeper. There are a lot of things to say now. Some say that Zhang Dayong and his wife favored Zhang Qiong'an and made him drop out of school to support his younger brother's studies. But no one believes this. After all, they all see Zhang Dayong and his wife's attitude towards their three children, and the younger one is still studying. If we really want to favor the one who is the most partial, shouldn't both of them withdraw? .

More villagers think that it is good for Zhang Qiong'an to become an apprentice. It is so easy to get the first prize. Their village has only produced one in hundreds of years. Zhang Dayong's ancestors didn't have any reading talents. Although Zhang Jingcheng looked smart, he didn't have much talent in reading. It would be a waste of time to continue studying. He might as well learn a craft.

Secondly, the accountant does not rely on craftsmanship and physical strength like carpenters and bricklayers, but relies on brains. Not only in the village, but also in the town, it is a more respectable job. There is not much busy time in a month, but the wages are quite high. Even if you just started working in some taverns or small shops, you can earn five or six hundred cash in a month. If you can afford to work as a cashier in a big restaurant or a wealthy family, your monthly salary will be higher. It is said that you can earn one or two more per month.

Gossip in the village always spreads quickly and dissipates quickly. After all, no matter what happens to Zhang Jingcheng in the future, it is the Zhang family's business. They are busy working in the fields every day and it is too late to make money to support the family. How can they have the free time to stare at other people's homes every day? .

Zhang Dayong and his wife occasionally miss Zhang Jingcheng, and they will bake some cakes or cook Zhang Jingcheng's favorite food, and Zhang Dayong will drive the ox cart to the town to see Zhang Jingcheng. However, sometimes Zhang Jingcheng would go to the restaurant with Accountant Yu to settle accounts, and Zhang Dayong and his wife would not be able to meet him. At this time, they would leave their food and leave with some disappointment, but they would never go to the restaurant to meet Zhang Jingcheng, for fear of disturbing Yu's accountant.

Later, when I came to the town, the person who opened the door was the wife who cleaned the Yu family. She turned into a well-dressed woman. After questioning, I found out that the person who opened the door was the wife of Yu's accountant. She had brought the boy and the boy with her. I went back to my hometown to visit relatives and just came back.

Mrs. Yu's attitude towards Zhang Dayong and his wife was relatively calm. She was neither enthusiastic nor looked down upon but treated them coldly. Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin felt that this was enough. If Mrs. Yu was really too enthusiastic, they would feel embarrassed.

The days passed normally, and several years passed in the blink of an eye. Zhang Qiong'an had also ended her study career at Yulin Academy and returned home. It's not that Zhang Qiong'an doesn't want to study anymore, but that he is already fifteen this year and it's time to start preparing to talk to others. Moreover, Zhang Qiong'an has been studying at Yulin Academy for five or six years. He has already finished what he should learn, and there is little point in studying further.

The academy career of the past few years has to be said to be Zhang Qiong'an's most valuable asset in his life, and also his best memory besides being with his family. He learned knowledge here that he would use throughout his life, and also made several close friends, even though they lived far away from each other, and it was not convenient for Zhang Qiong'an to go back and forth after he stopped studying. But every few days, a few people will still send a letter to others, which contains some recent things that happened to them, as well as some small things. No matter who gets married, several other people will rush over to send them wedding gifts and their blessings, no matter how far away they are.

"Dayong, someone came to me again today and asked me to help. I know you want An Geer to marry in the town and enjoy happiness, but I really think this family is good. Do you want to listen to it???" Zhang Qiong'an has been nurtured by Yulin Academy in the past few years. Not to mention the external conditions, his gentle and jade-like temperament cannot be ignored among the crowd. Coupled with his tall figure and delicate face, since he returned home, there have been many people coming to propose marriage every day, but Zhang Dayong rejected them all.

Although Zhang Dayong did not want Zhang Qiong'an to marry in the village, Aunt Zhou had to give him face, so he said, "Auntie, tell me." When Aunt Zhou saw that Zhang Dayong

was willing to give him this face, the smile on his face became brighter and she waved her red hand. The handkerchief smiled and said, "The family I'm talking about is the eldest son of the head of Zhoutian Village. He has also studied for several years. Although he didn't come back with a degree, he knows all the characters. He is also tall and strong. , I feel good as soon as I look at my health. This week, although the village head of Tiancun's family is not very wealthy, they still have enough food and clothing. The family has more than ten acres of land. He is just a little boy, and there are younger brothers and girls below him. In the future, these will definitely belong to his boys."

The family conditions Aunt Zhou mentioned this time are indeed very good, but the reason Zhang Dayong didn't want Zhang Qiong'an to marry in the village was because he didn't want him to work in the fields. This family has more than ten acres of land, but there are only two men, him and his father. After Zhang Qiong'an got married, he would definitely help work in the fields together. Even if it is not needed now, in the future when the village chief of Zhoutian Village becomes too old and can no longer do it, he will still be able to let that person work in the fields alone.

"Auntie, the conditions of this family are indeed good. It's just that my brother An has never been exposed to farm work since he was a child. He knows nothing about it. If he gets married in the future, he won't be able to help. Just rely on them. The boy is taking care of more than ten acres of farmland by himself. Regardless of whether he is busy enough to come here alone, the husband's family will definitely not be happy, right?" Zhang Dayong declined politely.

Aunt Zhou then remembered that the three children in Zhang Dayong's family had never been exposed to farm work, and that there were several husbands in a farmer's family who did not help in the fields together. Over the years, Lin Qin was the only one, and she had been dazzled by the matchmaking gift given to her by the groom's family, and had forgotten this.

"I forgot, I will reject the man directly for you." Aunt Zhou finally figured out that she was not lucky enough to do Zhang Qiong'an's job, but she didn't have enough resources at her disposal.

"Sorry, Aunt." Zhang Dayong stood up and personally escorted Aunt Zhou to the gate.

"I just want to eat this bowl of rice, so why bother? But Dayong, Brother An is already here at his age. Whether you want to marry him to the town or to the village, you have to decide as soon as possible. You can delay it for a few years, but this good marriage cannot be dragged out by dragging it out, right? What if you can't find an official match when you get older? Although the official matchmaker is responsible for it The adults will also check the situation of both parties before making a connection, but these days, most of the people who cannot afford a wife are from the village, and they are all because their families are poor." Aunt Zhou said earnestly.

After Aunt Zhou left, Zhang Dayong's face was a little solemn. He was reluctant to let Zhang Qiong'an get married too early and wanted to stay for a few more years, but Aunt Zhou's words were correct. A good marriage cannot be dragged out by dragging it out. On the contrary, the better the family is, the sooner they will find a good person and select them, and then they will get married when they are old enough.

Before going to bed at night, Zhang Dayong said to Lin Qin, "Brother Qin, Jingcheng will be back tomorrow. You and I can go to town to pick him up."

"What's wrong???" Zhang Dayong usually picked up Zhang Jingcheng when he came back from vacation. Lin Qin had never been there before. There must be something wrong with Lin Qin suddenly asking him to go there this time.

"An Ge'er is now grown up, so it's time to talk to others. Since we want to bring An Ge'er to the town, we must find a matchmaker in the town. But we don't know which matchmaker in the town is good, so I want to You can ask Mrs. Yu tomorrow," Zhang Dayong said.

Lin Qin pondered for a long time after hearing this, and then said quietly, "Yes, Brother An will be getting married in the blink of an eye." "

Even if Brother An gets married, he will be our only little brother, and we will always be His backer, no one can bully him." Zhang Dayong said sternly and seriously.

Lin Qin didn't speak but leaned into Zhang Dayong's arms and nodded silently.

The next afternoon, after Lin Qin handed Zhang Qiong'an the dinner, he followed Zhang Dayong to the town. The couple first picked up Zhang Hongan after school, and then went to Yu Zhangfang's house together.

"Brother Qin is here today. It's been a long time since we last met." Mrs. Yu was a little surprised when she saw Lin Qin and greeted him with a smile.

Zhang Dayong took Zhang Hongan to the backyard to help Zhang Jingcheng pack things. Lin Qin saw that there was no one around, so he said straight to the point, "Mrs. Yu, I came here with my man specifically because I have something to ask you for help." Mrs. Yu's

face He showed a surprised look, but soon regained his composure. For Zhang Jingcheng's sake, it was not a problem to give him a little help, so he said, "I don't know what it is???"

Lin Qin said a little embarrassedly, " Actually, it's not a big deal, I just want to ask you if you know which matchmaker is better in town. My eldest brother is also fifteen this year, and I want to arrange a marriage for him in the town."

Mrs. Yu frowned quickly after hearing this. She frowned and said with some embarrassment, "I know a few matchmakers, but some families in the town can't match the conditions in the village. They have high requirements for good conditions..." Although Mrs. Yu's words were euphemistic, she was also very clear. After telling Lin Qin their conditions, people in the town might look down on them.

Lin Qin didn't think Mrs. Yu's words meant she was looking down on him, because their family was indeed an out-and-out rural family. Lin Qin smiled and said, "Mrs. Yu, you also know that my men have a hunting skill. Although there are fewer people going to the mountains in recent years, they can still save a lot of money every year. An Ge'er is our only brother." Son, dowry money will definitely be indispensable when getting married in the future. It's not that we dislike the poor and love the rich and are unwilling to marry An Ge'er in the village. The main reason is that the little brother has been spoiled by us. Although the housework is very boring, the farm work is Not at all, and his father is reluctant to let him work in the fields. You said he doesn't know how to do farm work. Wouldn't it be offensive to marry into a farmer's family that requires him to work in the fields every day?"

Mrs. Yu also understood a little after hearing this. I was a little surprised. I didn't expect that there were families in the farmhouse who doted on their little brother so much. But if there was only dowry money, some people in the town would be willing to do it for the sake of the money, but how they do it needs to be discussed.

"Can you tell me about your little brother???" Although Mrs. Yu knew that Zhang Jingcheng had an older brother and a younger brother, she didn't know much about it.

"I don't praise my little brother. He has been smart and sensible since he was a child. When I was busy, he helped the two younger ones. When I was young, I knew a few words from an uncle of mine. Later, my man felt sorry for him. He gritted his teeth and sent him to the Yulin Academy in the county seat to study. This child was also willing to learn. Not only was he proficient in music, chess, calligraphy and painting, but he also learned a lot. Not to mention reading and writing, he also played the flute. He is also good at painting. On my thirtieth birthday, the three brothers worked together to draw a family portrait for me." Lin Qin's eyes lit up when he talked about Zhang Qiong'an, and his face The pride is even more intense.