Chapter 174 Celebration

Zhang Jingcheng lives in the town most of the time, and naturally interacts with the Zheng family, so when he arrived at the Zheng Family Bookstore, the shopkeeper Zheng said hello very naturally when he saw Zhang Jingcheng, " Jingcheng, why are you here today? Are you buying a new arithmetic book for your master again???"

Zhang Jingcheng had helped Yu accountant buy a few new arithmetic books and miscellaneous books before, so shopkeeper Zheng asked this question.

Zhang Jingcheng smiled and replied, "Hello, Uncle Zheng. I'm not here to buy books today. I have a happy event to tell you. Hong'an passed the Tongsheng Examination. My father wants to celebrate together at home tomorrow. If Uncle Zheng and Auntie Come and have a casual meal together when you have time."

Shopkeeper Zheng showed a hint of surprise on his face and said, "Hong An has given birth to a child??? He is only eleven years old this year, so powerful."

"Hong An's reading talent is not bad. The most important thing is that he can sit still. Sometimes he can sit and read for a whole day, but I can't. I can't stand reading for an hour." Zhang Jingcheng said with a silly smile.

Shopkeeper Zheng also smiled when he heard this, shook his head and said, "Okay, I understand. If you are free tomorrow, I will definitely come and visit." "Okay,

uncle, I will leave first." The news that should be conveyed arrived, and Zhang Jingcheng Naturally, I won't wait any longer.

After Zhang Jingcheng left, shopkeeper Zheng thought about it and hired a waiter to watch the store before going home. At this time, Zheng Qizhi was still studying in school, and Mrs. Zheng was the only one at home.

"Master, why are you back at this time???" Mrs. Zheng was very surprised when she saw Shopkeeper Zheng. On weekdays, Shopkeeper Zheng would come back just before closing time, but now he came back before dark.

Shopkeeper Zheng said to Mrs. Zheng, "My in-laws' youngest son Hong'an has passed the Tongsheng test. Just now Jingcheng came over to inform me and invited us to have a dinner tomorrow."

Upon hearing this, Mrs. Zheng said in shock, "My in-laws' youngest son has passed the test this year at just a few years old. Shangtong was born, and his talent is better than our Qizhi."

"This year is only eleven, he is really young and promising, it will definitely be a piece of cake to become a scholar in the future, if you work hard, there is no doubt that everyone will have hope." Shopkeeper Zheng sighed.

Zheng Qizhi's reading talent is not top-notch, but he was admitted as a scholar at a young age, so he wanted to try hard to see if he could pass the examination. Anyway, there was still some money left at home, and he was not waiting for him to go to work to make money to support the family, so it didn't matter if he studied in school for a few more years.

Mrs. Zheng nodded and replied, "Yes, I just thought that Brother An came from Yulin Academy. He is also very good. Both my husband and wife are honest and will not cause trouble for our Zheng family. The two boys are also very good." They are all scholars. But I didn't expect that Hong'an boy is so good. He was admitted to Tongsheng at a young age. Maybe the Zhang family can become a family of farming and studying in the future."

Shopkeeper Zheng touched his beard and did not answer Mrs. Zheng's words, but he also He recognized Mrs. Zheng's words in his heart and became more and more optimistic about this marriage.

"You go prepare a generous gift later and ask Qizhi to deliver it tomorrow. Brother An hasn't come through the door yet, so it's hard for us to go there, but Qizhi doesn't matter, he is a junior and his future son-in-law." Shopkeeper Zheng said.

Upon hearing this, Mrs. Zheng nodded and said, "Okay, I will open the warehouse and have a look in a moment." Mrs. Zheng was thinking about what things in the warehouse could be used as gifts.

When Zhang Dayong and his wife returned to Zhuangyuan Village with their two children, nearly half a month had passed since they left Zhuangyuan Village.

Zhang Qiong'an has been living alone at home. Apart from cleaning the house, he quietly does needlework every day. Occasionally Li Mo and Bai Xiuniang will come to accompany him, but he still feels a little lonely.

When he saw the familiar bullock cart appearing in front of him, Zhang Qiong'an was overjoyed at first and then ran out regardless of his manners. As soon as Lin Qin got off the car, he hugged Lin Qin tightly and said coquettishly, "Dad, you are finally back. I miss you and my father so much."

"My father and your father miss you too. Come and let me see if I've lost weight???" Lin Qin said as he pulled Zhang Qiong'an away and looked him up and down. He always felt that Zhang Qiong'an had lost weight. Young Master, thinking that he would have to give him some extra care in the past few days,

"Brother, I have passed the Tongsheng Examination." Zhang Hongan's personality in school has always been reserved and quiet, but in front of his family he is much more lively and jumps around. He walked up to Zhang Qiongan and said loudly.

Zhang Qiong'an also beamed with joy when he heard this and said, "Hong'an is really awesome. Brother hasn't prepared any gifts for you. Tell him what you want and he will buy it for you next time he goes to town." Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin have always felt sorry for each other. Zhang Qiong'an, so he always has a lot of pocket money, plus the money he earns from selling his own needlework, he can be considered a rich man in the village.

"No need, brother, your congratulations are the best gift." Zhang Hongan said warmly.

Zhang Qiong'an felt very warm and felt that the pain to Zhang Hong'an was not in vain, but the gift still had to be given. Suddenly he saw two pieces of light green muslin cloth in the car, and asked Lin Qin, "Dad, are these cloths bought for Hong An???" "This cloth

and this set of four treasures of the study are from Yu Accountant and Yu A congratulatory gift from Madam to Hong An." Lin Qin replied.

Zhang Qiong'an nodded and looked at the cloth in the car thoughtfully, wondering if he could make a gown for Zhang Hongan in one night. The long gown is relatively simple. If you don't embroider too complicated patterns, one night should be enough.

"Dad, let me take it in for you." Zhang Qiong'an didn't intend to let his family know that he was going to make a gown for Zhang Hong'an at night. Otherwise, Lin Qin would definitely not agree with him staying up all night to make clothes.

"Okay." Lin Qin responded directly without thinking too much.

"Jingcheng, Hong'an, you two go to the Lin family and the village chief's house respectively, tell them the good news, and ask them to come over for lunch tomorrow." Zhang Dayong said while unloading the ox cart.

"Okay, Father." Zhang Jingcheng and Zhang Hongan responded at the same time.

When Zhang Jingcheng and Zhang Hongan came back, they were followed by Li Mude, Li Teng and Lin Han and his son.

"Uncle Li, father, why are you here???" Zhang Dayong was helping Lin Qin cook. When he heard the noise and came out, he was very surprised to see Li Mu De and others.

"Can I not come and take a look at such a big event? Are you going to hold a banquet tomorrow or will it be just us?" Zhang Hongan's happy event made Lin Han feel more energetic and looked younger. Several years old.

"We have a banquet, but no one from the village is invited. It's just the three of us. Qizhi from the Zheng family may also come," Zhang Dayong said.

Lin Han said with some disapproval, "It's a great joy for Hong'an to pass the exam. It's not fun enough for just the three of us to celebrate." "

Grandpa, it's not nothing to pass the exam. It's enough for the whole family to celebrate. We will take the exam later." If you are a scholar, invite the whole village to celebrate. If you are a boy, invite the whole village with great fanfare, you will be laughed at." Zhang Hongan said with a smile.

"Let me see who dares, Tong Sheng, what's wrong with Tong Sheng? If they have the ability, they can take the test as a Tong Sheng." Lin Han said with a cold snort.

"Grandpa, just think that I just want our family to celebrate." Zhang Hongan said with a smile.

Zhang Hongan has now become Lin Han's favorite grandson. He has said so and Lin Han can still say it.

Li Mude and Li Teng came here mainly to meet Zhang Hongan and congratulate him. Li Mude patted Zhang Hongan on the shoulder and said, "That's great. You came in such a hurry. Grandpa Li didn't prepare any gifts for you. I'll make up for it tomorrow." "

Li I'm very happy that grandpa can come." Zhang Hongan said with a smile.

"What a good boy." Li Mude touched Zhang Hongan's head lovingly.

Li Mude, Li Teng, and the Lin family's father and son all followed because they were too excited. The Zhang family had not prepared anything now, and naturally they would not stay to burden Lin Qin. They all went home after a while. .

The next day, Li Mo and Bai Xiuniang came over early to help Lin Qin prepare lunch. Since it was just my family who ate, I didn't hire a chef so I had to do everything myself.

Fortunately, there was meat and vegetables at home. In the morning, Lin Qin went to buy some tofu and fish, which was basically enough.

Although there are only three families, including Zheng Qizhi at most, the Li family's table alone is not enough to seat them. In addition, there are more than a dozen members of the Lin family. Zhang Dayong went to borrow three tables early in the morning, plus his own family The table is big enough for sitting.

Zhang Qiong'an came out with a newly made gown in the morning. Only then did the Zhang family realize that he had stayed up all night last night and brought out a piece of clothing as a gift for Zhang Hong'an. Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin were both relieved and distressed when they saw this. Even if he wanted to scold him, Zhang Qiong'an just loved his younger brother, but not scolding him for his physically harmful behavior made the couple very angry. In the end, heartache still took over. After handing the gown to Zhang Hong'an, Lin Qin rushed Zhang Qiong'an to the room to catch up on his sleep. Zhang Qiong'an originally wanted to help prepare for the noon banquet, but Lin Qin's face drooped. Zhang Qiong'an did not dare to say anything, turned around and went back to his room to rest.

"Uncle, where is Brother An???" Li Mo's youngest brother said cutely while holding Lin Qin's calf.

"Your brother An made clothes all night last night and is resting now. Please be good and don't disturb him. Why don't you go and play with brother Jingcheng?" Lin Qin said dotingly.

"Brother An made clothes all night last night???" Li Mo just wondered why he didn't see Zhang Qiong'an, but now that Lin Qin told him, he knew what was going on.

Lin Qin said with both anger and distress, "Isn't it true? In order to make a gown for Hong An as a gift, that silly brother stayed up all night, cutting and embroidering it." "

Brother An really loves Hong An . ." Bai Xiuniang sighed.

Lin Qin said happily, "Brother An really has nothing to say about Jing Cheng and Hong An. He thinks of them both when there is a little good thing, but they both also think of Brother An when good things happen." Bai Xiuniang and Li Mo envied

Lin very much. Qin, how much worry can be saved if the three children are in a good relationship. It's not that those in their family don't have a good relationship, they have a good relationship but they are often noisy, and sometimes it's really a headache.

Zheng Qizhi did not wait until lunch time to come, but came at half past midnight. As soon as he arrived, he first presented the congratulatory gift prepared by shopkeeper Zheng and his wife. A set of ancient books, a set of relatively precious Four Treasures of the Study, and some regular cloth pastries. The gift is relatively heavy but within a reasonable range, and it will not give people the feeling of being too much.

Zhang Hongan's favorite is that set of ancient books. If there were no guests here, he would definitely open it and read aloud.

After Zheng Qizhi sent the gifts and expressed his congratulations, he was planning to talk to Zhang Qiongan. It had been almost a month since they last met. Unexpectedly, I looked around and saw no one. After asking, I found out that Zhang Qiong'an stayed up all night to make clothes for Zhang Hong'an and was now catching up on his sleep.

Only then did Zheng Qizhi realize that the clothes Zhang Hongan was wearing were obviously made by Zhang Qiong'an. Why he knew so clearly was because after getting engaged, Zhang Qiong'an would make some clothes or handkerchiefs for Zheng Qizhi from time to time, so Zheng Qizhi was very familiar with Zhang Qiong'an's needlework. .