Chapter 131 Going to town

After Zhang Dayong recovered, the life of the couple returned to peace again. Zhang Dayong continued his daily routine of going to the fields and going to the mountains. Lin Qin was still responsible for doing housework and taking care of Xiaodouzi. Although life was dull, it revealed a warmth .

As time went by, the haze caused by this man-made disaster gradually dissipated, and the villagers continued to live their lives as if nothing had happened. If there is any change, it would be that the villagers' attitude towards Zhang Dayong has changed drastically.

In the past, villagers would nod in greeting when they saw Zhang Dayong if he was good, but just pretended not to see Zhang Dayong if he was bad. But now, no matter whether he is familiar with Zhang Dayong or not, he will say hello warmly when he sees him, and some villagers will even invite Zhang Dayong to his home for dinner.

Zhang Dayong originally thought he was used to loneliness, but later he became very happy and contented with Lin Qin. But when his relationship with the villagers improved and someone invited him to his home for dinner and drinks, Zhang Dayong discovered that he still hoped to make a few friends.

Before Zhang Dayong even noticed it, Lin Qin had already noticed Zhang Dayong's inner desire for friends. So when someone invited Zhang Dayong to have a drink, Lin Qin not only did not stop him, but also agreed very much. Even when he came back drunk several times, Lin Qin did not say a bad word, but silently took care of the drunk Zhang Dayong.

"This new county magistrate is much better than the previous one. I used to have to pay two copper coins to go to town, but now I don't have to." A husband who had just returned from town said happily.

"It's true. I've almost used up all the salt and oil at home. I just can't bear to part with those two coins and want to wait until I've used up all the other things before I buy them. It would be great if it's true. I'll buy it tomorrow. Go to town." A woman said in disbelief.

"Of course it's true. I just came back from town. We ordinary people don't have to pay copper coins. Those rich gentlemen still have to pay." The husband who spoke first said with pride.

"That's it. Those rich gentlemen don't need these few copper coins, but we can't wait to break one coin into two." "

That's right."

"This is really a great thing. It happens to be the youngest of my family. His clothes are also a bit short. I originally thought of letting him wear them and wait until the Chinese New Year to pull the cloth. But now I don't wait, I will go tomorrow." "I will go

too, I will go too, before We all have to count the number of times we go to town. Now we don't have to count carefully. When we don't have anything at home, we can just go buy it." "

Hahaha, that's right. Call me tomorrow. I'll do it too." Go."

"And I and I."

The women and husbands in the village chatted and laughed and made an appointment to go to the town together tomorrow to buy the items they lacked at home. After they dispersed, they each found their own friends to share this item with. joy.

Soon everyone in Zhuangyuan Village knew that they no longer had to pay coins when going to town, and they were all very happy and grateful to the new county magistrate. Maybe two copper coins may not seem much to other people, but to the people in the village, two copper coins are enough for them to buy two white steamed buns for breakfast. And two copper coins at a time is not much, but you can't go to the town only once a year, right? Even if you calculate it, you will have to go at least ten times, which will cost dozens of copper coins in a year. For some poorer families, dozens of copper coins are enough to cover their expenses for a week.

"Brother Dayong, I just heard from the villagers outside that you don't have to pay copper coins when you go to town. Can you go to sell prey without paying it?" When Lin Qin returned home, he saw Zhang Dayong packing up the prey he had just killed. , asked curiously.

While Zhang Dayong was skinning the rabbit quickly, he replied, "If you want to drive an ox cart into the town, you have to pay a copper coin. If you want to walk in, you don't have to. But if there are a lot of prey, you have to be willing to hand over one or two." It's a copper plate."

Zhang Dayong knew about this the last time he went to the town. He had to go to the town every now and then to find out more about it.

"Then I can pay less than before, which is good." Every time Zhang Dayong goes to town, he brings a lot of prey, so he still has to pay the town fee, but compared to before, he has to pay five or six for more prey. A copper plate is already very good as it is now.

Zhang Dayong nodded, put the packed rabbits and robes into the backpack, and moved the basket to the oxcart. Then he said to Lin Qin, "I'm going to the town. Do you have anything to bring?"

"No, we still have oil and salt, just be careful." Going to the town, Lin Qin remembered that he had never been to the town since becoming pregnant, and really wanted to go.

Zhang Dayong saw the envy in Lin Qin's eyes, and suddenly remembered that he hadn't taken Lin Qin to the town for a long time. He thought for a while and said, "Brother Qin, come up too. I will take you and Xiaodouzi to the town to play."

Hearing that Zhang Dayong was taking him to the town, Lin Qin was overjoyed at first and then looked at the child in his arms and said, "Forget it, Xiaodouzi is still young. I'll go when he is older." "

It's okay, I'll put the bed down. " Put the quilt on top so you won't bump around, and you don't have to worry about being blown by the wind when you sit behind me." Zhang Dayong is strong and strong, standing in front of Lin Qin, he is as big as two of him, and he can definitely help Lin Qin and Xiaodouzi blocks all the wind.

Lin Qin was originally a little worried, but he was just worried about Xiaodouzi. Now that Zhang Dayong has planned everything, Lin Qin will naturally not refuse anymore. He happily watched Zhang Dayong move a quilt from the bedroom and put it on the oxcart, and then Zhang Dayong took Xiaodouzi from Lin Qin's arms. After Lin Qin climbed onto the bullock cart and sat down, Zhang Dayong handed the little beans to Lin Qin.

Although Zhang Dayong is very confident in his figure and will not let his husband and children be blown by the wind, Zhang Dayong still took out a small quilt from the house before setting off.

"In case Xiaodouzi falls asleep, it's better to cover him with a quilt." Zhang Dayong handed the quilt to Lin Qin and said.

Lin Qin responded, took the quilt and put it aside.

On weekdays, when Zhang Dayong drives the bullock cart to the town, he drives back as fast as possible. Now that there is a husband and children on the bullock cart, Zhang Dayong naturally does not dare to crack the whip like he usually does. Gently waving the whip, let the bullock cart walk slowly on the road.

"It seems that our little Douzi likes riding in the bullock cart. Look at his eyes. He was a little sleepy just now, but now I think he is very energetic." After the bullock cart left the village, Lin Qin saw the little boy. Douzi's eyes were wide open and his head was turning left, right, and right, looking around, cute and anxious.

Zhang Dayong quickly turned his head and glanced, then said with a smile, "It seems that our little brother is also a lively person. We should take him out to play more in the future."

"Hahaha..." Lin Qin said refreshingly. laughed.

"If you get tired of holding Xiaodouzi, put him on the car and let him crawl for a while. I'll block the back with a backpack. I'll sit in front and it'll be fine." Xiaodouzi can crawl now and does it every day. Climb for a while or else you won't stay peacefully in the cradle. As a result, Lin Qin now has to put the cradle at the door of the kitchen even when cooking. He can see it at a glance, fearing that the little bean will crawl out of the cradle.

Lin Qin saw that it was indeed safe, so he put Xiaodouzi down, but still put his hands on Xiaodouzi's side to protect him at any time.

After arriving at the gate of the town, Zhang Dayong stopped the ox cart at a specific location, then carefully helped Lin Qin get out of the car, and finally carried the packed prey on his back.

Because the place where the bullock carts are parked is specially set up by the government, as long as you pay for the care, they will help you keep the things in the carts from being taken away, so Zhang Dayong did not take the bedding away with him.

Zhang Dayong first paid the custody fee for the bullock cart, took a small wooden sign that certified it, and then protected Lin Qin and Xiaodouzi into the town.

Because Zhang Dayong had a lot of things in his backpack, he gave him a copper plate as toll, but Lin Qin and Xiaodouzi didn't need it.

"I haven't been here for more than a year, and the town feels completely different. It seems much bigger." After entering the town, Lin Qin felt that his eyesight was not enough.

Luohua Town has undergone great changes. The roads have become wider and cleaner. There are at least two to three officers patrolling each street. If someone makes trouble, it won't take more than a quarter of an hour to show up at the crime scene and capture the person.

"The new county magistrate has made a lot of changes since he came. In the past, if you caused trouble in the town, everyone would just watch and no one would care about it. Now it's no longer possible. If you fight and cause trouble in the town, you will be jailed. Those who are going to jail. And now you can't just sell things on the street. If you want to sell things, you have to go to the previous farmer's market. Now that place has been integrated, whether you sell animals or vegetables and fruits, you have to move there. Now, many shops have been built in the former vegetable market." Zhang Dayong carefully protected Lin Qin while introducing him to the changes in Luohua Town.

Lin Qin was stunned for a moment after hearing this. He didn't expect that Luohua Town had changed so much in a short period of time, but after the changes, Luohua Town was cleaner and better than before.

Zhang Dayong came at the wrong time. It was already mid-afternoon. If he wanted to sell his prey to a restaurant, he couldn't get a high price at all, so he took Lin Qin directly to the farmer's market.

After paying the deposit, I got a small wooden sign, and then I went to the area where animals were sold and found a pretty good space to squat down.

"It may take a while for me to be here. Why don't you take Xiaodouzi for a walk in the town first? Do you have a lot of money? Is it enough?" Zhang Dayong didn't know how long it would take to sell these prey, and he was worried. Lin Qin would be bored, so he wanted him to go shopping by himself first, and then go find them when he was better here.

Hearing this, Lin Qin shook his head and rejected Zhang Dayong's kindness, saying, "It's okay, Xiaodouzi and I will accompany you, and I don't dare to take Xiaodouzi out alone without you."

Although the town is now It is much safer than before, but who knows if we will encounter some kidnappers. If we do encounter Lin Qin, a little brother will not be able to defeat them.

"Okay, then you go and sit under the eaves over there for a while. I'll take you and Xiaodouzi to go shopping after I sell out." Zhang Dayong thought about it. Lin Qin, a little brother, still takes care of this child. If he really encounters trouble, he He doesn't have the ability to protect himself.

Lin Qin did not refuse Zhang Dayong's proposal. Lin Qin found a place on the eaves within Zhang Dayong's sight and sat down.