Chapter 6 Selling (2)

The town closest to Zhuangyuan Village is called Luohua Town. On weekdays, villagers who need to buy daily necessities or sell vegetables will choose to come to Luohua Town. The two brothers Lin Dazhu arrived at Luohua Town in less than half an hour. After paying a fee of four cents, they entered Luohua Town.

Whenever the Lin family needs anything, Lin Dazhu or Lin Erzhu come to Luohua Town to buy it, so they are quite familiar with Luohua Town. On weekdays, the two brothers buy what they need on North Street in the town. North Street is full of shops. You can find any store you want on North Street.

However, Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu did not go to North Street, but to South Street where rich people lived. The residents who could live in South Street had at least a few hundred taels of net worth.

"Brother, none of us on South Street know which way to go???" Lin Erzhu looked brave but still easily timid when encountering problems. As soon as he entered South Street, he looked at the clean streets and bright and atmospheric houses. , Lin Erzhu felt like he didn't know how to move his feet.

Lin Dazhu patted Lin Erzhu angrily, then pointed to a house with a plaque not far away and said, "Let's go to that house and have a look. That house looks better than other houses around it, and look at other houses." The plaque was not even hung up but that family hung it up. Obviously this family has more status."

"Brother, you are so smart, let's go quickly." Lin Erzhu excitedly pulled Lin Dazhu and wanted to rush to the house, but was stopped by Lin Dazhu. Pulled back.

"Don't be impulsive. Let's look for the back door of that house first. Who are we to knock on their door? It'll be weird if we don't get kicked out."

Lin Erzhu always listened to Lin Dazhu's words. Even after being scolded by Lin Dazhu, he followed him without getting angry. Behind Lin Dazhu.

The two of them successfully found the back door of the house. Lin Dazhu asked Lin Erzhu to carry a basket on his back and knock on the door. Soon a man dressed as a servant came over and opened the door. When he saw the two of them, instead of scolding him, he asked angrily, "Who are you two and what are you doing here???"

When Lin Dazhu knocked on the door, They were also a little worried that the servants in the house would look down on them and drive them away. Fortunately, they were lucky enough to meet someone who was easy to talk to.

Lin Dazhu asked Lin Erzhu to bring the basket over, and said to the man to please him, "Hello, we are here to sell yams. Look, these are all freshly dug." When the man heard the yam, his eyes suddenly lit up and he

looked down. A glance at the basket revealed that it was really yam, and it looked very fresh. He said to Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu, "Wait a minute. I can't decide on this matter. I'll go find the housekeeper." After that, he closed the door.

Although the small door was closed, Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu both had smiles on their faces. In their opinion, the deal was promising. Lin Erzhu said with bright eyes, "Brother, this family actually has a butler. It's not in the play." Do they all say that only very powerful families have housekeepers?"

"Keep your voice down, it's none of our business whether this family is powerful or not, as long as we can sell the yams." Lin Dazhu said in a low voice.

Lin Erzhu covered his mouth and nodded after hearing this.

The man's speed was quite fast. After a while, the small door was opened again, and a middle-aged man in a robe came out. If Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu hadn't already known the identity of the middle-aged man, they wouldn't have been able to tell that he was a servant just by looking at the other person's dress.

"Show me your yams. If they are good, I will buy them for 300 yuan per catty." The middle-aged man came out without saying anything and asked Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu to bring the things over.

Lin Erzhu carefully handed over the backpack. Without waiting for a word, the man who opened the door took it directly and handed it to the middle-aged man. The housekeeper took out the yams in the basket one by one and inspected them carefully. He found that every yam was freshly dug out and nodded with satisfaction. The young lady at home recently became pregnant and wanted to eat yams, but the housekeeper searched the whole town and couldn't find fresh ones. There were some stale ones, but how dare the housekeeper give them to pregnant women? What if something goes wrong with them? Unable to bear the wait, the yam sent by Lin Dazhu and his two men solved his urgent need.

"The things are good. I've collected them all. Xiao Lai, go get a scale and weigh it." The housekeeper ordered the man beside him.

"Yes, butler." The man put down the backpack, turned around, and ran back. After a while, he took out a scale.

Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu watched nervously as the man weighed the yams one by one. The lightest of these seven yams weighed a little more than two kilograms, and the heaviest one even weighed four kilograms.

Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu originally thought that they would be able to get seven or eight taels of silver from the sale this time, but they didn't expect that they could get more than thirteen taels of silver. Maybe it was because the middle-aged housekeeper was in a good mood and even made up a round number. He gave them fourteen taels of silver.

A total of fourteen taels of silver. Lin Dazhu was speechless as he held the silver. Lin Erzhu's eyes widened. When had they ever seen so much money?

Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu first kept bowing and thanking the housekeeper, then carefully put the money on their backs and left the South Street in their backpacks.