Chapter 76 Buying Land

Zhang Dayong would take a lunch break as long as he didn't go up the mountain. It was the same today. After eating, he would take off his clothes and lie on the bed with his eyes closed to rest. He felt comfortable at noon, so he didn't even cover himself with a quilt.

Lin Qin walked into the bedroom and saw Zhang Dayong lying on the bed in his middle coat without a quilt. He shook his head helplessly and stepped forward to shake off the quilt and gently cover Zhang Dayong's body.

Zhang Dayong actually didn't sleep deeply. He felt Lin Qin's movements and opened his eyes.

"I woke you up, go back to sleep and I'll cover you with a quilt." I was about to go out after covering myself with the quilt, but when I saw Zhang Dayong woke up, I couldn't help but muttered, "How many times have I told you, don't take advantage of me" When you are young, you don't cover yourself with a quilt when the sun is strong at noon. What should you do if you catch a cold?"

"Hehehe, okay, I'll pay attention next time." After getting along for a long time, Zhang Dayong discovered that Lin Qin can also talk a lot sometimes. Zhang Dayong's concern was very helpful.

"I say that every time. Have you ever remembered it?" Lin Qin rolled his eyes and said.

Zhang Dayong chuckled again and directly pulled Lin Qin onto the bed.

Zhang Dayong's sudden movement directly confused Lin Qin. After Lin Qin reacted, he struggled, "What are you doing? I'm so embarrassed to be seen in broad daylight." "Stop moving,

I'll give you a hug. Let's talk about it later." Who would disturb you in your own bedroom?" Zhang Dayong's voice was still hoarse because he had just woken up, and seemed to be getting deeper and deeper. Lin Qin's ears almost felt pregnant when he heard it.

"I'm like a child who needs someone to accompany me before I can sleep. Hurry up and let me go. There's a lot of work waiting for me outside." Zhang Dayong's childish behavior made Lin Qin both funny and angry, but his boss could What should I do? I can only coax him.

Zhang Dayong didn't say anything but held Lin Qin's arms tightly. Lin Qin had no choice but to lie quietly in Zhang Dayong's arms. I don't know if Zhang Dayong's embrace was too comfortable, but Lin Qin closed his eyes at some point.

Sensing that Lin Qin's breathing had become lighter, he opened his eyes and found that Lin Qin had fallen asleep. He smiled slightly and pulled away the quilt from his body to carefully cover Lin Qin, then closed his eyes and continued his lunch break.

Lin Qin didn't sleep for long. He woke up after only an hour. When he woke up, he found that Zhang Dayong had already gotten up.

Lin Qin got out of bed, put on his shoes, and took care of his messy hair. He walked out of the bedroom and looked around and saw Zhang Dayong wiping his bow and arrows in the yard.

"Brother Dayong." Lin Qin stood in front of the hall door and called softly.

Zhang Dayong waved to him after seeing Lin Qin, and Lin Qin walked up to Zhang Dayong in confusion.

"I'll go to Uncle Mao to negotiate the price of the fields in a while, and I'll break the banknote tomorrow. But Brother Qin, although I learned some field work from Uncle Li, I didn't do it well. I hope you don't want to do it then." Disappointed." Zhang Dayong thought for a long time and decided to follow Lin Qin's suggestion and buy the land.

Firstly, Zhang Dayong didn't want Lin Qin to worry every day, and secondly, perhaps because of excessive hunting over the years, there were far fewer prey in the mountains, so he had to go deep into the mountains every time. But the risk factor in the deep mountains is much higher than in the outer areas. Even Zhang Dayong cannot guarantee that he will return safely every time. The last point is that although the more experienced you are in the art of hunting, the better, but as you get older and your physical strength decreases, it is easy to make mistakes no matter how experienced you are. Didn't his master die at the mouth of a wild wolf because he couldn't keep up with his physical strength? .

Zhang Dayong didn't want to die in the mountains one day, leaving Lin Qin alone. He didn't want his descendants to have to rely on hunting to make a living in the future. He hoped that they would have a better future.

Lin Qin didn't expect that Zhang Dayong agreed after just one sleep. He was so happy. Hearing Zhang Dayong's self-deprecation, he comforted him and said, "No, I believe you can do a good job, not to mention me. Dili I've been doing this job since I was a child. If you really can't do it well, I'll do it."

Zhang Dayong smiled and rubbed Lin Qin's head without saying anything. He was not willing to let Lin Qin do the heavy work at home, so what? Maybe it made Lin Qin work so hard in the fields. Zhang Dayong has already planned to go to his father-in-law to teach him the work in the field after buying the land. He may need help from Lin Han and others for the first time of farming.

Because Lin Qin said that Li Damao had been at the village chief's house these days, Zhang Dayong went directly to the village chief's house.

"Is Uncle Li here?" Although Zhang Dayong is very close to Village Chief Li's family, Zhang Dayong will not rush in directly every time he comes. Instead, he politely stands outside the house and calls for people, even though the door of Village Chief Li's house is always open. Open.

"Dayong, come in." Village Chief Li poked his head out of the main room and said.

Zhang Dayong pushed through the courtyard and walked into the main room, where he saw a man squatting there besides Village Chief Li. His face was full of sorrow and his hair looked a lot grayer.

"Uncle Li, Uncle Mao." Zhang Dayong greeted.

"Hey, sit down, Dayong. What do you want to see me for today?" Village Chief Li asked Zhang Dayong.

Zhang Dayong glanced at Li Damao and said, "I heard that Uncle Da Mao is selling his land. Uncle Li, you also know that all the fields in my family were sold out. How can this rural person not have any land in his hands? So I want to buy Uncle Da Mao." The fields."

Upon hearing this, Village Chief Li and Li Damao looked at Zhang Dayong. Village Chief Li was shocked at first, and then nodded in agreement, "This field is the root of our rural people. How can a person have no roots? Your idea is very good, but do you have the money? Your uncle Mao said he would not sell it."

Li Damao sat aside and did not speak. He looked at Zhang Dayong with complicated eyes, filled with hope, reluctance and sadness. Li Damao worked hard for so many years to save six acres of land. However, because his eldest son got into trouble outside and needed money to save his life, he had to sell five acres of the land. This is simply digging into Li Damao's heart. Even the other sons in the family have made a big fuss over this, and they still refuse to say a word to him, saying that he favors the eldest son.

But what can he do? No matter what Li Yang does wrong, he is still his son. Can he still watch Li Yang die and ignore him? There are only four days left before the ten days given there. If he can't raise the money again, Li Yang will really die. If no one came to sell it, Li Damao thought about taking it apart and selling it, but he really couldn't bear it. Reluctantly, the good-looking fields were demolished and scattered in all directions.

"I made some money while hunting tigers. I have been saving it. If Uncle Mao agrees to sell the land to me, we will go to the town together tomorrow and I will withdraw the money and go to the county government to replace the land deed." Zhang Dayong looked at it. Li Damao said.

"I charge seven taels of silver per acre. Don't think that I charge too much. I don't even want the grain in the field and I'll give it to you. After all, the price of the field is just over six taels." Li Damao was worried that Zhang Dayong would I thought the price was too high, so I explained hurriedly.

Zhang Dayong didn't know much about the price of the fields, so he glanced at Village Chief Li and wanted to know if the price was too high.

Village Chief Li nodded and said fairly, "The price is a bit expensive if you only consider the fields, but it is quite reasonable if you include the food grown in the fields." "

Okay, then we will meet at the entrance of the village tomorrow morning. , please ask Uncle Li to come with you as a witness." Zhang Dayong was worried about any trouble in the future, so he directly brought Village Chief Li along with him.

As the village chief, it is his duty to be a witness, so he will naturally not refuse Zhang Dayong's invitation.

On the second day, Zhang Dayong left home with the banknotes and headed to the village entrance to meet with Village Chief Li and Li Damao as Lin Qin watched.

When Zhang Dayong arrived at the village entrance, Li Damao and Village Chief Li were already waiting with an ox cart. Zhang Dayong said he was late and jumped on the ox cart.

After arriving in the town, Zhang Dayong first went to the bank to exchange the banknotes for silver, but he did not take away all the 100 taels of silver. Instead, he took fifty taels, of which thirty-five taels were naturally used to buy fields, and the rest was kept at home for emergencies. The remaining fifty-two pieces of Dayong were deposited in the bank again, and after carefully putting away the bills, Zhang Dayong left the bank. Li Damao waited anxiously at the door of the bank, and rushed to greet Zhang Dayong when he saw him coming out.

"Dayong, have you taken out the money???" Li Damao asked.

"Well, let's go to the county government to go through the formalities." As the saying goes, you pay with one hand and deliver the goods with the other hand. Naturally, Zhang Dayong will not give the money to Li Damao here.

Li Damao, Zhang Dayong and Village Chief Li went to the county government together and found Si Nong, who was in charge of the fields.

"Hello, my lord, I am the village chief of Zhuangyuan Village. Today I will bring the villagers here to go through the procedures for changing the fields." Even if the men in the government have no rank, they all have their eyes set on the top. If Zhang Dayong or Li Damao were to directly let Zhang Dayong or Li Damao If you speak out, it's a question of whether the other party will pay attention to you.

Sinong glanced at Village Chief Li casually and said calmly, "Have the money been negotiated yet???" Some people came over to go through the formalities before the money was negotiated. In the end, the two sides quarreled again and were very annoyed, so every time When someone comes to go through the formalities, Sinong will ask.

"It's been negotiated, it's been negotiated." Li Damao said before he could speak.

Sinong glanced at him casually, and then said, "Bring over the field deed, and the identity certificate of the new holder." After hearing this,

Li Damao reluctantly took out the field deed from his lapel and handed it to him. Sinong, Village Chief Li had already told Zhang Dayong yesterday about the need for identification, so Zhang Dayong took it with him when he went out in the morning, took out the identification and handed it over.

Sinong got the land deed and identity certificate and confirmed that there were no problems before asking Zhang Dayong, "Do you want a red deed or a white deed?" The

red deed was stamped with a government seal, which meant that the contract was If the contract is recognized by the government, you can come to the government to replace it if you lose the contract, and it cannot be sold by anyone other than yourself. This greatly reduces the possibility of someone stealing the deed and selling the land privately. Of course, if you want to apply for a red deed, you will have to pay a handling fee of one or two.

Therefore, many people choose to apply for a white deed in order to save money. Although the white deed is also issued by the government, it does not have a seal on it. If it is lost, it cannot be replaced, and the white deed can be traded privately.

"Apply for the red deed." Village Chief Li has already told Zhang Dayong about the difference between the red deed and the white deed. Naturally, Zhang Dayong will not save a couple of silver.

Zhang Dayong handed over two taels of silver directly to Sinong's direction, one tael was the handling fee, and the other one tael was a benefit to Sinong. Although Si Nong is not a high-ranking official and is only a ninth-rank official, he is responsible for all matters related to the fields, including annual taxes. So even if you can't be on good terms with the other person, you definitely can't be on bad terms with him. What if he gives you a stumbling block when collecting taxes?

Si Nong looked at the two taels of silver handed over, a trace of satisfaction flashed in his eyes, and his attitude towards Zhang Dayong became a little more friendly, saying, "He is a decent man. Just wait aside and I will handle the procedures for you right away.

" I'm sorry, sir." Zhang Dayong said.

Sinong took out a blank contract and filled in Zhang Dayong's identity first, and then filled in the name of the village where the field was located, its location and other information below. There is a special land deed for each acre of land, so Si Nong wrote five times in total before completing all the deeds. Then he took out the seal and knocked five times, and the five new land deeds were completed.

"Now that the fields have been transferred to your name, you will naturally have to bear this year's taxes. Remember to prepare them early." For the sake of the one or two benefits just now, Sinong gave Zhang Dayong a rare mention.

"Thank you, Sinong, for the tip." Zhang Dayong thanked him sincerely.

Sinong waved his hand to indicate that they could leave. After leaving the county government, Zhang Dayong handed over the money for purchasing the land to Li Damao. If someone else must give you money first and then go through the formalities, what if you don't give them the money after the formalities are done? But Li Damao had watched Zhang Dayong grow up, and he still had great trust in his character. In addition, Village Chief Li was not afraid of Zhang Dayong's default, so he went through the formalities first and then gave the money.