Chapter 99 Transition

After Li Si cried bitterly, his energy and energy recovered a lot, and he no longer felt the decadence he had before.

"Dayong, thank you for waking me up." Since his mother's death, Li Si has been in a state of self-blame and regret. He hated himself for insisting on marrying that woman. Not only had he not had a stable life in the past few years, but he had also killed his mother. If he had listened to his mother and married someone else, wouldn't everything have happened? Wouldn't it be that he already had his own child? Unfortunately, there is no regret medicine in this world. All he can do is cheer up and be filial to his father. He cannot lose his only relative after losing his mother.

"We are from the same village. If you need help, just ask." Zhang Dayong patted Li Si on the shoulder and said.

Li Si nodded heavily and said nothing, but he kept Zhang Dayong's kindness in his heart.

Qingxi Village is not far from Zhuangyuan Village, so Village Chief Li walked there directly. After a round trip and a long day of dealing with Qingxi Village, he was really thirsty. After returning to Zhuangyuan Village, Village Chief Li did not go home but went to Li Si's house. When he arrived, he directly asked Li Si for a bowl of water and drank a few gulps before feeling that his throat, which was about to smoke, felt much better.

"Second uncle, mistress, and mistress' daughter-in-law have indeed gone back to their parents' home. Many villagers in Qingxi Village saw her running back in panic. I told the village chief of Qingxi Village about mistress's mother. , and also asked them to keep an eye on the fourth daughter-in-law and not let her escape. If she really escapes, then Qingxi Village will be responsible for the murder." Li Si and Village Chief Li are also considered relatives in the fifth server. Therefore, he was particularly angry when Li Siniang was harmed by his daughter-in-law.

"Thank you, Uncle Village Chief." Although Li Si had calmed down, he still couldn't help but get excited when he thought of his mother's death.

"Why are you so polite to uncle? My child, you are still young and you still have a long way to go. Your mother doesn't want you to be trapped in self-blame and regret." Village Elder Li, who is so old, cannot see Li Si's hidden regret and sighs. He patted Li Si on the shoulder and comforted him.

Li Si did not answer. Although he had looked away from Zhang Dayong's persuasion, his mother passed away because of his relationship. There is no way to say that he does not blame himself.

Village Chief Li knew that Li Si was a filial child, so he did not stubbornly persuade him to be more liberal, and instead helped Li Si organize the funeral.

Because everyone has been busy going to the fields recently, and although the New Year has passed, it is still in the first month. A funeral in the village in the first month of the New Year is considered unlucky by the villagers. The most important thing is that Li Siniang did not die naturally but was killed by someone. Many old people said that people who were killed will come back with resentment during the first seven days. It is best to bury her before the first seven days.

Although I don't know if it is true or not, it is taboo among older people in the village, and there are also many pregnant women and children in the village. So Village Chief Li discussed it with the elders of the Li clan and Li Si, and decided that he would only be buried for three days.

Li Siniang died unexpectedly, and the grave had not been dug yet. Li Si had no choice but to cut some meat and prepare a banquet. Then he invited a few strong men in the village to help him kill him after the banquet. When my mother's grave was dug out, Zhang Dayong and Lin Dazhu were among them.

Digging graves is considered an unlucky job for many people. In addition, digging graves requires a lot of effort, so many people are not willing to do it. Fortunately, Li Si was well-known in the village, and with the banquet containing meat, almost everyone invited agreed.

After the banquet, everyone carried hoes to the location of the grave that Li Si had selected. With the large number of people and the strength, the grave could be dug in less than a day. The next step is just to wait for the coffin to be buried and then bury it.

After digging the grave, Zhang Dayong and Lin Dazhu refused Li Si's invitation to have dinner and went home. It was not easy for everyone. They had already had a banquet before, so how could they have another meal.

Lin Qin stayed in the main room and looked at the courtyard gate. When he saw Zhang Dayong coming back, he immediately took out a few unnecessary rags, lit them on fire and placed them at the door for Zhang Dayong to step over. After all, digging graves is a relatively unlucky thing. Stepping over a fire to remove bad luck will not bring bad luck to your home.

After Zhang Dayong stepped over the fire, Lin Qin immediately put out the fire. Although there were not many rags, he still had to be careful when lighting a fire in the house.

After the grave was dug, Li Si arranged a funeral for his mother the next day. The villagers basically went to see her off regardless of their relationship.

After Li Siniang was laid to rest, Li Si was finally free to avenge his mother.

Under the leadership of Village Chief Li, Li Si took many strong men in the village to Qingxi Village.

"Brother Dayong, what happened to Li Si's wife in the end, and what punishment was given???" Zhang Dayong was also one of the strong men who followed him. As soon as he came back, Lin Qin pulled Zhang Dayong to ask.

"They were sent to the county government and sentenced to death. Originally, the village chief of Qingxi Village wanted to plead for mercy, saying that the compensation would be any amount, but the fourth brother didn't agree to force the woman to pay for her life. Village Chief Li didn't want to at first. The fight with Qingxi Village was too tense to avoid looking bad in the future, but seeing the fourth brother's resolute attitude and thinking about the risk of human life, I agreed to the fourth brother's decision." Zhang Dayong said simply and clearly.

When Lin Qin heard this, he said indignantly, "That's it, that's it. Brother Li Si, what a good person his mother was

, just disappeared like this." Zhang Dayong also agreed with Li Si's decision. It would be a waste of his life to calm down the matter even after his mother was killed. son.

The death of Li Si Niang gradually disappeared as Li Si's daughter-in-law was sentenced to death. Except for Li Si and his father who were still immersed in grief, the villagers gradually put the matter down and sighed at most when it was mentioned.

The lives of Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin have also returned to peace. They go to the fields every day.

"Brother Qin, please water the fields today. The snow has completely melted and the ground has become dry. I'm going to go up the mountain." After Zhang Dayong washed up, he said to Lin Qin who was making breakfast in the kitchen.

Lin Qin was busy making breakfast. When he heard this, he said without raising his head, "Okay, you can go ahead. I will do the work in the fields." Although he no longer had to work in the fields after marrying Zhang Dayong, Lin Qin used to do the work in the fields. He has done a lot of work, not only watering but also plowing, and he is very skilled.

"Don't be reckless, rest for a while when you are tired, or forget it and water it again when I come back. Anyway, I just went up the mountain today to see if the traps I laid before are in good condition and can still be used. I didn't think about hunting." Zhang Dayong regretted it as he spoke, thinking that it wouldn't be a big problem if he came back faster and watered again.

While talking, Lin Qin came out with the prepared breakfast, smiled at Zhang Dayong, and said, "Brother Dayong just watered me and I can do it without getting tired. No matter how fast you go, you won't come back until noon. You're in the field." You can't delay the work for a moment."

Zhang Dayong also knew that the work in the fields could not wait, and the harvest was almost at a loss, but it would take a long time for Lin Qin to water five acres of land alone.

"Then don't be reckless and take your time. Take a break when you are tired." Zhang Dayong said with some worry.

"You know, you have to be careful when you go up the mountain. The animals in the mountain are very hungry all winter." Lin Qin said worriedly.

"Don't worry, I have experience." Zhang Dayong has been hunting for so many years, so he naturally knows how to deal with animals that have just spent the winter.

Zhang Dayong had already sharpened the bow, arrow and machete used for hunting, so after breakfast Zhang Dayong directly equipped the weapon and went up the mountain.

After Lin Qin washed the dishes, he took a bucket to the river to fetch water, and then walked slowly and leisurely to his own field.

"Brother Qin, why are you doing the watering today? Where's your Dayong?" Li Dacheng's daughter-in-law asked strangely when she saw Lin Qin watering the fields in the field next door.

Nowadays, all the young men and husbands in the village do not envy Lin Qin. After marrying Zhang Dayong, he has never been seen in the fields. He does not have to do heavy work at home, he only needs to do light work such as washing clothes and cooking.

"Brother Dayong has gone up the mountain. If the work in the fields can't wait, let me do it first." Lin Qin replied with a smile while watering the water.

"Then you're going to have to work hard." Li Dacheng's wife said with some gloating.

Li Dacheng's daughter-in-law was also one of the people who envied and envied Lin Qin. She was obviously married, so why could Lin Qin only do light work, but she had to do all the work without even saying a word of favor. It's good now. If Zhang Dayong wants to go hunting in the mountains, Lin Qin must do all the work alone. At least she has Li Dacheng to help her.

Lin Qin seemed not to notice Li Dacheng's wife's gloating, and said, "What's the hard work? Just water and fertilize."

Li Dacheng's wife smiled when she heard this, as if she felt that Lin Qin was pretending to be strong. .

Five acres of land is neither too much nor too little, but at Lin Qin's speed it was almost all watered in two hours. After watering, Lin Qin took the bucket home and started to clean up the house.

After cleaning up the house, Lin Qin looked at the sky and found that it was almost noon, so he stopped thinking about washing clothes and started preparing for lunch.

Lin Qin looked at the food at home and saw that there was still some pork left in yesterday's meal. He thought about it and took it all out to make braised pork. I took out another piece of bacon and some garlic sprouts and made a stir-fried bacon with garlic sprouts. After frying, Lin Qin carefully brushed the pot. The smell of the garlic sprouts was important because if they were not brushed clean, the next dish would be ruined.

The two meat dishes were already very rich, so Lin Qin stopped cooking the meat dishes and took out a plate of stir-fried green vegetables. Worried that there was not enough food, I took out some dried radishes sent by the Lin family and fried them on a plate. Finally, I cooked a bowl of egg soup, four vegetables and one soup, including two meat dishes. If other people in the village saw this, they would be envious and say that Lin Qin would never live such a good life.

It is said that after Zhang Dayong went up the mountain, he carefully inspected the traps he had made before and found that they were basically intact and could be used again, so he covered the traps back with the branches and dead grass used for camouflage. Zhang Dayong was originally ready to go back after checking the traps, but he found a rabbit nest near the last trap.

Since he met Zhang Dayong, he was naturally not polite and just gave away the entire rabbit nest. I don't know if the big rabbit went out to look for food and was not in the hole. There were only seven or eight little rabbits in the hole. Zhang Dayong picked up one and bumped it, and he knew it by heart. One weighed about five or six pounds, not too big but still OK.

Because he only wanted to go up the mountain to see the traps, Zhang Dayong did not bring a backpack. He would definitely not be able to carry seven or eight rabbits, but this did not stop him. Zhang Dayong picked up a lot of dead grass from around and twisted a pile of dead grass into a long rope. After twisting it, he pulled it and found that it was still strong. He nodded with satisfaction, and finally used the rope to tie the legs of several rabbits. We carried it together and went down the mountain.