Chapter 148 Farming

The dark clouds had been brewing for a whole day, and just when everyone thought it was God playing another joke on them, the rain finally fell.

The villagers, who had not experienced rain for several months, first touched their wet cheeks in disbelief, and then they all yelled crazily. Some villagers who responded quickly hurriedly took out the buckets at home to catch the rainwater, in case it would take a long time. What to do if there is no water for a while.

Even if the rain slowly recovers, they will have no place to wash clothes before the dry riverbed is filled with water. This rainwater will relieve their urgent need. The clothes worn by many villagers even stinked, but they had no choice because there was no water to wash them.

"Little Douzi, little pine cone, come in quickly and stop playing with the water." Lin Qin walked to the door with a full belly and shouted to the two children who were happily playing with the water in the yard.

After all, Zhang Qiong'an's eldest brother was older and more sensible. He ran back when he heard Lin Qin's call, but Zhang Jingcheng continued to play as if he hadn't heard, and was finally pulled back by Zhang Qiong'an.

"Hurry up and change into a set of clothes. Be careful not to catch a cold, especially Xiaodouzi. You were sick some time ago, so don't get a fever again." Lin Qin took a child with one hand and took them to the room to change clothes.

After hearing Lin Qin's words, Zhang Qiong'an remembered the uncomfortable feeling she had felt some time ago. Her facial features wrinkled together and she pursed her lips and said, "I don't want to have a fever and I don't want to take medicine." "If you don't want to have a fever and take medicine

, go wipe your hair and body quickly." Then change into a set of clean clothes." Lin Qin pinched Zhang Qiongan's nose and said.

"Okay." Zhang Qiong'an was basically able to take care of himself now, so Lin Qin took one look at him and ignored him. He wiped Zhang Jingcheng clean and put it on the bed, then went to the closet to find clean clothes for him.

Although it rained, I don't know if the drought has really passed or if God has not wiped it all out. So even if there is no shortage of water at home, Lin Qin still only cooks a simple dish and a soup, but the staple food is rarely generous. I took out the little rice left at home and made a meal of white rice.

"I had white rice today, but I haven't eaten it for a while." Zhang Dayong said with bright eyes when he came back and saw the white rice on the table.

"Have a good day today. Let's have a good meal." Lin Qin smiled and shared the meal with the two children.

"As soon as it rained today, a lot of animals ran out of the mountains in the afternoon." Zhang Dayong said happily while eating his rice.

Lin Qin took a curious look at the yard after hearing this, and found that there were many hares, pheasants, and even a wild goat in the yard. Although it was thin, it could still be sold for a lot of money, and he smiled more on his face. a bit.

"Brother Dayong, it's time to get busy in the fields now that it's raining. Although we can't plant the second crop of rice and wheat at this time, we can still plant corn and vegetables. We can't leave the fields empty. Right?" Lin Qin thought for a while and said.

Zhang Dayong was silent for a while after hearing this, and then said, "Let's wait a few days and see if the temperature drops. If it does, I will plow the fields and focus on cabbage and corn. I will make a little more money at the end of the year." I still want to run more in the mountains these days. It has just rained and the temperature has dropped again. The animals in the mountains will definitely come out of their hiding places to look for food. I will definitely gain a lot from going up the mountains these days." "

Okay." Lin Qin basically would not object to Zhang Dayong's decision.

Zhang Dayong glanced at Lin Qin's belly, with a hint of worry in his eyes, and said, "When I was pregnant with Xiaodouzi and Xiaopinecone, my belly must have been several times bigger than it is now."

Lin Qin looked down at his belly after hearing this. He nodded and said worriedly, "Yes, whether it was small beans or small pine cones, my belly was very full when I was five months old. Now it is about the same as before when I was four months old." "These few

days. I will hunt more prey tomorrow and bring it to the town to sell, and then I will buy you some more food to replenish your body. You can eat it and you can always replenish it for him." Zhang Dayong said.

Lin Qin responded, touched his belly and sighed in his heart.

Next, as Zhang Dayong said, I got up and ran up the mountain before dawn every day, and didn't go down until it was almost dark. Although it was hard work, it was very rewarding. In just two or three days, Zhang Dayong's prey filled an ox cart. There were everything, not to mention rabbits, pheasants, wild ducks, and one or two goats and bison. Apart from that, the most valuable thing was a A bamboo rat caught by chance. However, this bamboo rat was left by Zhang Dayong for Lin Qin to recuperate. Although Lin Qin was not very willing to give it up, Zhang Dayong was determined and Lin Qin also kept the child in his belly.

Because all the animals were not very fat just after the severe drought, the prices were not very high. Fortunately, the prices of these meats have basically returned to before the drought, and the vegetable markets have also reopened, so Zhang Dayong can't go to big families to sell them, but he still makes a lot of money.

After making money, the first thing Zhang Dayong did was to cut a piece of cloth for Lin Qin and his two children. He also bought some must-have dried fruits and a lot of pig bones, and finally gave it to Zhang Qiong'an and Zhang Jingcheng. They each chose a toy and bought a bunch of candied haws for each of them. They set out on their way home with a full harvest.

"Father." Zhang Jingcheng had been staying in the yard playing in the mud. When he saw Zhang Dayong driving the ox cart back, he ran over happily. Before Zhang Dayong could park the car, he hugged Zhang Dayong's calf, which shocked him.

"Zhang Jingcheng, don't run over before my father has stopped the cart next time. What if he gets stepped on by the cattle?" Zhang Dayong said seriously after stopping the cart and picking up Zhang Jingcheng.

Whenever Zhang Dayong calls Zhang Jingcheng by his full name, he gets angry, so Zhang Jingcheng puts away the smile on his face and looks at him anxiously when he hears Zhang Dayong call him by his full name. Although he didn't quite understand what Zhang Dayong meant, he still nodded obediently.

Upon seeing this, Zhang Dayong brushed his hair angrily, thinking that he was still young after all, so he should teach him slowly. Then he took a bunch of candied haws from the oxcart and handed it to him and said, "Eat it. Didn't you say you wanted to eat it last time?" Candied haws on a stick, my father brought it back for you."

As soon as he saw the candied haws on a stick, Zhang Jingcheng forgot about his fear and happily gnawed on the candied haws on a stick. Zhang Dayong shook his head and laughed.

"Father, I also want to eat candied haws on a stick." Zhang Qiong'an ran out after hearing the voice and was very envious when she saw the candied haws in Zhang Jingcheng's hand.

Zhang Dayong touched Zhang Qiong'an's head and said, "Yes, how could father forget our little douzi." Then he handed him the bunch of candied haws that belonged to Zhang Qiong'an.

Zhang Qiong'an took the candied haws and thanked her obediently, then nibbled on it delicately.

Zhang Dayong glanced at Zhang Qiong'an, who was well-behaved and was eating delicately, and then looked at Zhang Jingcheng, who had a mouthful of candies in his arms, shook his head and thought that he was still cute and well-behaved.

"Little pine cone, come down quickly. Your father has been tired all day. Let him take a rest. Why are you so ignorant and let your father hold you?" Lin Qin walked out and saw Zhang Dayong holding Zhang Jingcheng before even unloading the ox cart, and walked to He was ready to hug Zhang Jingcheng in the yard.

Zhang Dayong turned around and avoided Lin Qin's stretched out hand, and said with a smile, "It's okay, no matter how heavy this guy is, it'll be fine if I can hold both of them. You take the things in the car first, and I'll cut a few pieces of cloth for you." Make new clothes for yourself and your children. You haven't made new clothes for several months because of the severe drought. There are also some pig bones for you to stew in the evening. You can replenish them yourself and give them to the two children. Make up for it."

Lin Qin glanced at the three of them and saw that they had food, drink and clothing. However, Zhang Dayong didn't have anything for himself. He frowned slightly and said, "They are all for us, why didn't you buy some for yourself? Used."

"What can I do if I am so easy to wear? The clothes you made for me are still new enough to wear. If I want to eat, why don't I drink the pork bones soup?" Zhang Dayong said without caring. .

Lin Qin glared at Zhang Dayong angrily and said, "Don't I feel sorry for you? Forget it, I don't care about you." "

Good husband, I was wrong. I know you feel sorry for me, but I really don't lack clothes." I don't care about the food and drink, as long as you eat well and wear well, I will be happy." Seeing that Lin Qin was unhappy, Zhang Dayong hurriedly coaxed.

Lin Qin was not really angry. Zhang Dayong softened his attitude after being coaxed. He glanced at Zhang Dayong and said, "Don't forget to bring one for yourself next time you buy something for us. People who don't know think I dominate the family." I only have money to buy things for myself and my two children, but I don't know how to buy things for you and abuse you."

"Okay, I will remember it." No matter what, it is always right to give first.

Lin Qin didn't know that Zhang Dayong promised well, but he could never do it. While Lin Qin was moving the things in the car into the house, he thought that he would go to town with Zhang Dayong next time, cut two pieces of cloth for him to make some new clothes, and then use the scraps of cloth to make some pairs of shoes. Recently, Zhang Dayong runs up the mountain every day, which wastes a lot of money on his shoes.

It has rained several times in a row in the past few days. Although it does not last long each time, everyone knows that the drought is really over. Some anxious families went to the fields with hoes after the first rain and were unable to plant the second crop of rice. Without growing some corn and vegetables to increase their income, there is really no way to survive this year.

After the second rain, Lin Qin also restored the food at home to the usual four dishes and one soup. The two children had become accustomed to eating one dish and one soup in the past few months. When they were eating, they suddenly saw four dishes and one soup and they were very happy. Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin felt very sad when they heard that they had to eat so well during the Chinese New Year.

After that batch of prey was sold, Zhang Dayong stopped hunting in the mountains and started plowing the fields with his oxen. With the scalpers around, although Zhang Dayong went to the fields a few days later than others, he still plowed earlier than other villagers. After plowing his own land, Zhang Dayong could even help the Lin family plow the remaining land. As for the Li Mude (Village Chief Li) family, they also had their own scalpers, so they didn't need Zhang Dayong's help.

Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin discussed it and finally decided to plant cabbage, green vegetables and potatoes. They planted corn in the first half of the year and now there is still a lot at home, so they will not plant it. They will also plant some mung beans and soybeans. The five-acre field is fully arranged.