Chapter 39: Knocking on the Door

After receiving Li Teng's notice, Zhang Dayong became more and more distressed about this matter, but he didn't say anything and only said that he would go to his house on time to meet them tomorrow.

Early the next morning, before dawn, Lin Han took the two brothers Lin Dazhu to gather in front of Village Chief Li's house. At this time, Village Chief Li and his family were also getting up, and Zhang Dayong had also arrived.

"Uncle Li, I'm going to trouble you again this time." Lin Dazhu said as soon as he saw Village Chief Li.

Village Chief Li waved his hand and replied, "Be polite to me and everything belongs to the same village. If I don't get involved in this kind of thing, then what's the use of me as the village chief?" Village Chief

Li said before Lin Han and his son came. The family had already had breakfast, so as soon as everyone arrived, the group set off to Dongyang Village.

They were all grown-up men with strong feet. When the group arrived at Dongyang Village, it was just dawn. There were not many villagers walking in the village. The villagers saw a group of people who were obviously not from the village barging in with a fierce look, and they couldn't help but look... Be on guard.

"Who are you and what are you doing in Dongyang Village???" A villager from Dongyang Village stopped Village Chief Li and his party and asked in a pretentious manner.

As the leader, Village Chief Li naturally had to stand up at this time. He stepped forward and said, "We are from Zhuangyuan Village. I am the village chief of Zhuangyuan Village. I came to Dongyang Village today to ask for a divorce from Li Jie's family in your village." Explain."

"Li Jie's family??? Zhuangyuan Village??? Oh, I remembered that Jie recently mentioned a brother, who seems to be from Zhuangyuan Village." A villager who was watching the excitement said with sudden realization.

The villager who had previously stopped Village Chief Li and his party still did not get out of the way, but continued to ask, "I'm asking for an explanation. What explanation are

you asking for???" "You all know that Li Jie from your village is engaged to a young man from our village. Then do you know that Li Jie has a sweetheart in town, and that sweetheart is pregnant? Isn't this a blatant marriage fraud? Do you think we should come and ask for an explanation?" There are some things that can no longer be concealed when I come here today. , so Village Chief Li spoke out angrily when he saw the other party asking. However, Village Chief Li did not reveal the existence of Mother Song. After all, she was someone who would only lose the No. 1 Scholar in the village if she revealed her family scandal, and what she said would easily make them blame the whole thing on Mother Song.

Village Chief Li's words caused an uproar among the villagers in Dongyang Village. Who is Li Jie? He is a famous and capable young man in their village. He had previously settled on a young man from another village. I don't know how many people were sad. . Now they are told that Li Jie cheated on the marriage and had a sweetheart and a child in the town. This...this...how can this not be shocking?

"Are you telling the truth???" The villager who had been blocking Village Chief Li and his party hesitated for a moment after hearing this. His reason convinced him, but his emotions as fellow villagers of Dongyang Village made him think it was not true.

"Do you think we would joke about something like this?" Village Chief Li asked.

All the villagers present knew that no one would joke about marriage. In this era where people will criticize you if you talk about kissing a few times, if you joke about marriage, wouldn't you be joking about your reputation for the rest of your life?

The villagers also saw that what happened today was not a good idea. Soon one villager ran to find the village chief of Dongyang Village, and several others who were close to the Li family secretly ran to find Li Jie's father. mother.

Village Chief Li saw all this, but didn't take it to heart.

Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu had come to Dongyang Village to check on Li Jie before, so they knew where the Li family was. After no one stopped them, Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu led the way, and soon the group arrived at Li Jie's house. Li Jie's parents had been notified by the villagers and were waiting in the yard. Although they were mentally prepared, they were shocked when they saw a group of big men breaking into the house.

They were flustered, but there was no stage fright on their faces. Li Jie's mother even preemptively asked Lin Han, "My dear, what do you mean, you brought so many people to my house so early in the morning?" ." Since the two parties have already made an engagement, it is reasonable for Li Jie's mother to call Lin Han her in-laws.

Li Jieniang's question made Lin Han unable to suppress his anger, and he yelled at Li Jieniang, "You still have the nerve to ask us what we mean, but I want to ask you what you mean, hiding that your son has a romantic relationship in the town and even has a child." Come on, you want our little brother to be taken advantage of, don't you?"

Li Jie's parents were really frightened now. Li Jie has a lover in the town and has a child. How is this possible? ! !