Chapter 159 Changing

Zhang Qiong'an's decision to go to the county to study was known to others in the village. After all, Zhang Qiong'an also had a close friend in the village. Although they didn't interact with each other every day, they would visit each other every few days. They hadn't seen Zhang Qiong'an come to their door for several days. When they went to Zhang's house to look for her, they were told that Zhang Qiong'an was not at home, so they naturally asked.

Although Lin Qin didn't like being talked about by the villagers, he didn't deliberately hide it, so he directly told the young brother Zhang Qiong'an who came to inquire that he had gone to Yulin Academy in the county to study. Now the whole Zhuangyuan Village completely exploded. .

"Did you hear that the Zhang family sent their little brother to the county to study!!!" A middle-aged woman said gossiping while doing laundry.

Another boy, who was struggling to hold down his clothes, replied without raising his head, "Why haven't you heard about such a big thing? Didn't it say that the school didn't let the little brother study? How could the little brother from Qin's family do it? Go in???"

A young and pretty woman who had obviously just got married said loudly, "I know this. After the village chief's wife found out that An Ge'er went to study in the county, she curiously asked the village chief why he was so young. My brother can also go to school. Later, the village chief told her that there is an academy in the county that only accepts young brothers and girls. It not only teaches reading and literacy, but also teaches housekeeping and financial management. Only girls from wealthy families can learn to play the piano. Singing."

"Really, if you teach so many things, the tuition must be very expensive, right?" A young man said with envy and curiosity.

"It's not that good. It is said that it costs twenty taels of silver a year." The pretty woman who just spoke was jealous and envious. Twenty taels of silver. She has never seen so much silver in her whole life. She knew that Zhang Dayong could Hunting is more profitable, but I didn't expect to make so much money. What is even more unexpected is that Zhang Dayong is willing to spend so much money to let a little brother go to school. Although she is a girl and has a higher status than the little brother, she has not received much attention at home since she was a child. In addition to working every day, she Work. If she hadn't been good-looking when she grew up, she wouldn't have been able to marry into her current husband's family. Although her current husband's family has an average family background, it is still much better than her mother's family.

When they heard that one year's tuition was twenty taels of silver, all the women and men doing laundry stopped what they were doing and looked at the pretty woman who spoke in disbelief.

"Isn't this fake? That's twenty taels of silver. It won't cost you so much to marry a girl. It's just one year's tuition???" The excited voice of the young man who just asked became sharper.

"That's what the village chief's wife said." The pretty woman kept washing the clothes with her hands and feet. She still had a lot of work waiting to be done at home. If the clothes were washed slower, she would not have time to rest today.

What the village chief's wife said must have come from the mouth of the village chief Li Teng. Although Li Teng didn't know many words, he had much more experience than them. What he said was definitely true.

Twenty taels of silver, my God, how can the Zhang family be so profitable? Twenty taels of silver were easily spent on tuition, and it is said that the eldest son of their family was also sent to the town to study. Song Mian studied in the school in the town back then, so they also knew how much the tuition in the school in the town was. Although it was not twenty taels, it was still five taels of silver a year.

In other words, the Zhang family spent at least twenty-five taels of silver at one time, not to mention that Zhang Qiong'an didn't need to pay for food and accommodation in the county. This family was much richer than they imagined. But they couldn't figure it out. Sooner or later, this little brother belonged to someone else's family. How could a man from this family be willing to spend so much money to send a little brother to study in the county. Wouldn't it be nice to keep that money for the two boys? With so much money, it would be enough for the two boys to marry two girls.

Since leaving office, Li Mu De has done nothing but amusing his grandchildren every day. There is no need to worry about it and no fatigue. His hair has become a lot darker and he looks several years younger. Li Mu De feels that he will live another two years. Thirty years is totally fine.

After learning that Zhang Dayong sent Zhang Qiong'an to study at Yulin Academy, Li Mu De also disagreed very much. Li Mu De, like all the men in the village, felt that all the family property belonged to the boy. You can pamper your little brother a little bit, but that means doing less work at home and occasionally bringing him some snacks or something.

"Uncle Li, why are you here???" Zhang Dayong was preparing seedlings for sowing in the next few days at home. When he saw Li Mu De, he shouted in surprise.

Lin Qin heard Zhang Dayong's words in the house and quickly walked out to welcome Li Mude into the house.

After entering the room, Li Mude teased An An for a while, and then asked Zhang Dayong, "I came here today just to ask you, did you really spend twenty taels of silver to send Brother An to study in the county???" "

Yes. "Zhang Dayong was a little confused. Didn't the whole village know about this? Why did Li Mu De come to ask him?"

Li Mude's face sank, and he patted Zhang Dayong's shoulder hard and said, "You are confused, my little brother will get married sooner or later. Isn't it all in vain that you spend so much money? Why don't you keep it for me in the future?" ."

When Zhang Dayong heard Li Mude's words, his face became a little ugly, and he said stubbornly, "Uncle Li, Brother An is also my child. Why can't I raise him? Even if he gets married in the future, what if he is not born to me? Is he a little brother?"

"That's not what you said. After he gets married, he will become a member of the husband's family. No matter how good he is, it doesn't matter to you. Instead of spending so much money to train a little brother, it is better to let the two boys have more Learn something." Li Mude shook his head and said.

Zhang Dayong knew that Li Mude just had feudal thoughts, and even many men in the village thought so. Zhang Dayong sighed and said, "Uncle, I have saved all the money for the two boys to study and marry their wives. I am not saying that I only want to be a child." My brother is living a good life and has neglected the two boys."

Li Mu De looked better when Zhang Dayong said this, but he still disagreed with Zhang Dayong spending so much money to send Zhang Qiong'an to study.

Zhang Dayong also knew that it was difficult to talk through Li Mude all at once, so he said to Lin Qin who was a little worried at the side, "Brother Qin, go and prepare a few dishes, and then go get a pot of wine and come back. Uncle Li and I haven't had a good drink for a long time." Paused."

"Hey." Lin Qin responded, then went to the kitchen and quickly cooked a few simple side dishes and put them on the table for Zhang Dayong and Li Mude to eat first, and then hurried to the village with the money. I went to the wine shop here to get some drinks.

Zhang Dayong gave Li Mude a piece of food, and then said, "Uncle, I know you are doing it for my own good. I think the money in the family should be left to the boy. I can pamper him, but as long as I give him some delicious food and some new clothes, In the future, just give me a few more taels as a dowry and get married off."

Li Mude looked at Zhang Dayong with a look like this. In fact, it was not Li Mude who was like this, but most of the families in the village. In their opinion, it is best to let the little brother have enough food and clothing, make him a new set of clothes every year, and do less work when he is about to get married and raise him well. Don't you see, there are so many young people who are not allowed to have enough to eat, let alone wear clothes that adults have discarded, and they haven't seen a new set of clothes for several years.

"Uncle, other people are other people, but in my opinion, the little brother and the little boy are the same. Even the little brother can only be with us for more than ten years and should be pampered more. In fact, I sent Brother An to study. My thoughts are very simple, that is, I hope he can learn more and find a good family in the town in the future, without having to marry into a farm family and have to work in the fields every day." Zhang Dayong said with a smile.

Li Mude snorted coldly and said, "Whose little brother didn't start working in the fields when he was seven or eight years old? The little brother you doted on can't even do field work."

Lin Qin happened to be back at this time. Zhang Dayong took the drink and poured a bowl for Li Mude, and then said with a smile, "I can finish the five acres of land by myself. Why do I have to make my husband and children work hard in the fields? To be honest, it's not just An Ge'er, it's Jing Cheng and An'an, I also hope that they can find a job and settle down in the town in the future, and they don't have to look at God's face to eat like us. Especially An'an, her health is not good to begin with, and we are satisfied if we can grow up safely, how can we give it up? He works so hard in the fields under the bright sun every day."

"You look like you have a bad temper, but you really have nothing to say to these children. Forget it, the children are yours, and so is the money. What do you want? I don't care how you use it. I just hope that Brother An will be filial to you in the future and live up to your love for him." After all, Li Mu De is not Zhang Dayong's elder. If Zhang Dayong wants it, he can still suppress it. He sighed. said in a tone.

"I know that my uncle is thinking about me, and I also believe that An Ge'er is not the kind of child without conscience." Zhang Dayong is still very confident in the character of his children. He believes that his three children may not have the same No matter how talented he is, he will definitely be a filial and sensible boy.

As the saying goes, you can tell your age at the age of three. Li Mude can still tell what kind of person Zhang Qiong'an is. As long as he doesn't get bad in the future, he will indeed be a good and filial child.

Yulin Academy has ten days of study and two days of holiday. On the day of the holiday, Zhang Dayong drove an ox cart to the county to pick up Zhang Qiong'an from school early. Originally Lin Qin wanted to go, but thinking that Zhang Qiong'an had not eaten the food he cooked for ten days, in order to allow Zhang Qiong'an to have a hot meal as soon as he came back, Lin Qin stayed at home and was busy with dinner, leaving Zhang Dayong alone. Someone goes to pick up the child.

After Zhang Dayong arrived at the county seat, he parked the ox cart outside the county seat and walked to the entrance of Yulin Academy. Because he came too early and the school had not ended yet, Zhang Dayong could only find a shady corner to wait for the school to end.

After hearing the bell ringing in the academy, Zhang Dayong looked anxiously, hoping to see Zhang Qiong'an as soon as possible.

"Brother An, here." Zhang Dayong saw Zhang Qiong'an coming out with a small bundle and looking for it a little anxiously, and hurriedly walked out of the corner and shouted loudly.

"Father..." Zhang Qiong'an ran over happily after seeing Zhang Dayong. He was really worried that Zhang Dayong would not come to pick him up until tomorrow.

Zhang Dayong hadn't seen his little brother for ten days, and he had already thought about it. He took Zhang Qiong'an's baggage and looked at it carefully. After looking at it, Zhang Dayong was surprised to find that in just ten days, Zhang Qiongan's whole person was completely different. It was not that his appearance had changed, but his temperament was completely different. Although Zhang Qiong'an was delicate and cheerful in the past, she also had the rustic and inferiority complex unique to country people.

But now Zhang Qiong'an can't see any trace of rusticity and inferiority. Instead, he is confident, sunny and generous. This is only ten days of study. If it lasts longer, Zhang Dayong feels that he will not be able to recognize him without looking at his appearance. But Zhang Qiong'an like this made Zhang Dayong feel that his decision to send Zhang Qiong'an to Yulin Academy was right, and his little brother will definitely become better and better.

"Let's go home. Your father has cooked a table of your favorite dishes." Zhang Dayong happily picked up Zhang Qiong'an and walked outside the county town.

Although Zhang Qiong'an felt that she was already the eldest brother and it was not good to be held by her father, her father's embrace was really warm and reassuring. Zhang Qiong'an buried her face in Zhang Dayong's neck with some embarrassment and allowed Zhang Dayong to hold her. Walk.