Chapter 162 Birthday

Rest time always passed quickly. Zhang Qiong'an stayed at home for two nights and then was sent back to Yulin Academy by Zhang Dayong. In this way, Zhang Qiong'an began to live ten days in his academy and two days at home. As time went by, what Zhang Qiong'an was afraid of still happened.

He had always been close friends with him, but as Zhang Qiong'an became more and more outstanding, even though Zhang Qiong'an could teach them the knowledge in the academy, they gradually became alienated from him. Zhang Qiong'an was also sad about this, but fortunately, Zhang Qiong'an also taught a few close friends in the academy. There were boys and girls with different family backgrounds, but the relationship between them was very good.

Accompanied by several friends, Zhang Qiong'an also slowly let go of the disappointment in her heart. When she returned to the village on vacation, she would talk to a few people if she met them, but they no longer communicated with each other and only interacted with each other as ordinary friends. Lin Qin also felt sorry for this, especially because Mi Geer and Zhang Qiongan had a good relationship in the past, and Lin Qin and Mi Geer's father Yi Gezi were also good friends. Fortunately, the relationship between the two of them has not become estranged because of the estrangement between Zhang Qiong'an and Mi Ge'er, which can be considered a blessing in misfortune.

Three years have passed in the blink of an eye. This year is a special year because Lin Qin is thirty this year. Although Zhang Dayong would celebrate Lin Qin's birthday every year, it was just a family gathering. This year Lin Qin turned 30, so Zhang Dayong wanted to hold a big show for him. Although he couldn't invite a theater troupe like the gentlemen in the town, he could invite his close friends from the village and a town man. It is still possible for a famous master chef to serve several tables.

On this day, it was Zhang Qiong'an and Zhang Jingcheng's vacation day again. Zhang Dayong took advantage of everyone at home and said after dinner, "In half a month, it will be your father's 30th birthday. It only happens once in ten years. I want to If you are running a big business, please set up a few tables and invite some of your close friends from the village to come over and have a drink to celebrate your father. What do you think???"

Lin Qin looked at Zhang Dayong with some surprise. Since marrying Zhang Dayong, Zhang Dayong has been doing this every year. Everyone would celebrate Lin Qin's birthday, so Lin Qin was not surprised that Zhang Dayong brought up his birthday. But what Lin Qin didn't expect was that Zhang Dayong actually wanted to hold a big party for him. He refused in a panic and said, "Brother Dayong, I would be happy without having to have a meal with the whole family. What are you spending the money on?

" Hearing this, Jing Cheng said disapprovingly, "Father, you are thirty years old today, how can your whole life be the same as before? I very much agree with my father's decision to have a big event." Zhang Qiong'an also nodded and said,

" Jingcheng is right, Dad, you must live a good life in your thirties."

Zhang Hongan, the youngest An'an, also started to follow Zhang Jingcheng to study in a school in the town last year, although it was only a short year. time, but he also looked a lot more cheerful. I don't know if he often ran and jumped with other students in the school. He also looked a lot more rosy. Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin were very happy about this.

"Dad, you can continue to make money, but your thirtieth birthday is only once." Zhang Hongan also persuaded.

Lin Qin looked at Zhang Dayong and the three children and was very moved. He felt that he married the right man and the children were worth raising. The hard work of running a home and raising children all these years disappeared in an instant.

On the day of Lin Qin's birthday, neither Yulin Academy nor the schools in the town had a holiday yet. The three brothers Zhang Qiong'an had no choice but to ask for leave and come back then. Since all three brothers still need to study, Lin Qin's birthday party can only be hosted by Zhang Dayong. Originally, Lin Qin wanted to help, but Zhang Dayong refused, saying where could he let the birthday boy host his birthday banquet.

Zhang Dayong approached Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu and asked them to help notify some good villagers in the village and go to his house for a banquet half a month later.

Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu looked much older with the passage of time and working in the fields every day. Especially Lin Erzhu was originally several years younger than Zhang Dayong, but now they stand together and Zhang Dayong looks younger.

"Did anything good happen at home? Why is there suddenly a banquet???" Lin Dazhu said doubtfully. Apparently he had completely forgotten Lin Qin's birthday. But this is not surprising. After Lin Dazhu gets married, he will naturally focus more on his small family. As long as Lin Qin knows that he is doing well, he will not pay too much attention.

Zhang Dayong smiled and replied, "It's Brother Qin's birthday in half a month. He will be thirty this year, so I thought of giving him a good time."

Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu were enlightened when they heard this and said, "Yes, Brother Qin." His birthday is coming, okay, let us inform the villagers, and you can just prepare the banquet with peace of mind."

Although Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu felt that Zhang Dayong did not need to spend money to hold a birthday banquet, Zhang Dayong was willing to spend money to give their brother When celebrating a birthday, they would foolishly ask Zhang Dayong not to fail.

"Then leave it to the eldest and second brothers." Zhang Dayong responded and turned around to go up the mountain. Before Lin Qin's birthday, he had to think of ways to kill more prey so that the banquet would be bigger, and some prey should be left as meat and dishes at the banquet.

In recent years, Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin have not needed much money except for their children's tuition fees, so the couple still saved a lot of money. But the couple planned to use the money when their three children got married in the future, so Zhang Dayong needed to earn money for this banquet.

Over the years, Zhang Dayong's family still only had five acres of land. In fact, someone in the village once wanted to sell the land, and Zhang Dayong also had money to buy it. But Zhang Dayong felt that after paying taxes, five acres of land was enough for his family. In addition, he still had hunting and there was no need to buy any more land. Another point is that if there are too many fields, Zhang Dayong will not be able to take care of them by himself, and he will need help from Lin Qin and a few children. But let alone Lin Qin's poor health, Zhang Dayong was reluctant to let him go to the fields. Not to mention his three children, who were all studying in school, it was impossible for them to come back to do farm work without studying.

It is a normal thing in the village for a man to have a banquet during his pregnancy, but it is rare for a man to have a banquet. However, Zhang Dayong's family and the rest of the village have always been different. The villagers were also used to Zhang Dayong's love for Lin Qin, so no one said anything except lamenting Lin Qin's good fortune.

In order to celebrate Lin Qin's thirtieth birthday, Zhang Dayong not only held a banquet for him, but also went to the town to bring back a piece of fine cotton cloth and asked Lin Qin to make him new clothes. Lin Qin was happy and touched, but at the same time he was a little unhappy that Zhang Dayong didn't buy it for him. The next day without saying a word to Zhang Dayong, he walked to the town on his own and pulled a piece of fine cotton to make clothes for Zhang Dayong.

Zhang Dayong didn't know about this until the evening. He was moved and angry at the same time. Naturally, he was moved by Lin Qin's affection for him. He was angry because he was angry that Lin Qin didn't tell him and walked there on foot. If Lin Qin had told him that he could still take Lin Qin to the town in an ox cart, he wouldn't have to work so hard.

Lin Qin wouldn't say that he was actually worried that Zhang Dayong would use the excuse that he had the same clothes to wear before and didn't need to make new ones to deal with him, so he thought of killing him first and then showing off.

Zhang Qiong'an told Zhang Dayong before going to school that he would take leave on Lin Qin's birthday and ask Zhang Dayong to pick him up in the county the day before Lin Qin's birthday. Zhang Dayong would naturally remember it firmly.

The first thing the three brothers Zhang Qiong'an did when they returned home was to wish Lin Qin a happy birthday in advance. As for the gifts, they all showed mysterious expressions and said they would keep them secret, saying they would know about them tomorrow. Lin Qin and Zhang Dayong could only shake their heads helplessly and fondly, waiting for the surprise from their three children tomorrow.

On the day of Lin Qin's birthday, the master Zhang Dayong invited came here early with his apprentices. When he went to invite him before, Zhang Dayong said that he had prepared a few pheasants and wild ducks for cooking, and the other dishes were all prepared by the master. , and the settlement will be made together after the banquet is over. So when the master came, the disciples behind him were all carrying things in their hands. There were guys who were cooking and there were vegetables and pig's trotters and other dishes that they were going to use today.

The banquet would definitely not be able to be held just in the yard, so Zhang Dayong placed it directly in front of his house. Anyway, they were from the same village and wouldn't mind it. The table used for the banquet was specially rented by Zhang Dayong. Special people would transport it there and then transport it back after the banquet was over. As for the plates, bowls, chopsticks and the like, they were borrowed from various households.

Bai Xiuniang and Li Mo came over early in the morning to help. When they saw the new clothes made of fine cotton that Lin Qin was wearing, they were both envious and happy for Lin Qin.

When having a banquet in the countryside, it is common to bring a handful of vegetables from home or give three or four copper coins as gifts. This is the case in every household and no one will say anything, as long as the person appreciates it.

After the villagers had almost arrived, the three Zhang Qiong'an brothers suddenly knelt down in front of Lin Qin, banging their heads three times, and then said in unison, "I wish my father a happy birthday and long life." "

Okay, okay, get up quickly. Get up, it doesn't hurt." Lin Qin's eyes began to turn red due to emotion, and he pulled the three children up in distress. Today, from Zhang Qiong'an to Zhang Hongan, the three people wearing long gowns looked very handsome.

"It's different after reading a book. The words of congratulations you say are different from us. You said that we didn't think of such a good congratulations when we celebrated the birthdays of our elders." A villager laughed.

The man next to him rolled his eyes at him and said, "How about a scholar? You, a person who can't read a single Chinese character, would be a genius if you could come up with such a good congratulations." "

Hahaha..." The two of them said The conversation caused laughter from the surrounding villagers, and the atmosphere was suddenly heightened to the extreme.

The three Zhang Qiong'an brothers laughed a little less before they said to Lin Qin, "Dad, Jing Cheng and Hong An and I have prepared a gift for you. I hope you like it."

The three Zhang Qiong'an brothers prepared a gift for him. Lin Qin knew about it, but he didn't know what kind of gift it was. When Zhang Qiong'an said that it was made by the three of them, he became even more curious.

Not only Lin Qin was curious, but others were also very curious. They all looked around to see what Zhang Qiong'an and the others had prepared.

Zhang Qiong'an quickly took out a scroll from the room. Zhang Qiong'an and Zhang Jingcheng each took one end and opened it slowly. Then everyone was shocked. I saw a couple and three children painted on the scroll, it was Lin Qin, Zhang Dayong and Zhang Qiong'an. There was also a poem written next to the scroll, but they didn't know the words and didn't know what was written.

"Brother An, you guys made this with your own hands???" Bai Xiuniang said in disbelief, you said Lin Qin, he was already covering his mouth with tears in his eyes, Zhang Dayong was also very excited and hugged Lin Qin .

Zhang Qiong'an nodded calmly and replied, "Yes, I painted the painting, Jing Cheng copied the poem from the book, and Hong An took it to the shop to frame it." Zhang Hong'an said a little embarrassed, "

Ah Dad, I'm sorry. I'm too young to write or draw. When you grow up, I will draw a picture for you myself." "

Our An'an is already great. Dad is waiting for your painting." Lin Qin first comforted Zhang Hongan, and then carefully took the painting and said happily, "My father likes this painting very much, more than the gifts he has received over the years." For Lin Qin, there is nothing better than a happy family. Being neat and tidy made him feel even more happy and satisfied.

Zhang Dayong smiled and said, "As soon as you give this gift, the gift that my father prepared for your father will be completely worthless, hahaha." "

Father, what did you prepare for your father???" Zhang Jingcheng was curious. asked.

Lin Qin also looked at Zhang Dayong with some curiosity. In the past, Zhang Dayong would give him gifts one day in advance, but this year he has not given them yet.

Zhang Dayong smiled and took out a beautiful bracelet from his arms. It wouldn't be too shocking if it was just like this. After all, Zhang Dayong has also bought a lot of beautiful jewelry for Lin Qin over the years. But the problem is that the ones I bought in the past were all made of silver, but the one Zhang Dayong took out today is made of gold. Although it is very thin, it is also made of gold. Everyone present took a deep breath, including Lin Qin. Also shocked.