Chapter 124 Refugee

Brother Yi saw Lin Qin's troubled face and vaguely guessed what Lin Qin was thinking. He smiled slightly tiredly and said, "Brother Qin, don't worry, I can bear it." Yes, he can bear it. , no matter how painful or tiring he is, he can endure it for the sake of his little brother.

Lin Qin was still full of tangles in his heart, but when he saw Brother Yi's face obviously full of fatigue and wanted to comfort himself, he finally couldn't help but said, "Brother Yi, if you really can't bear it, don't bear it anymore. I and I Brother Dayong will definitely help you."

"Thank you, thank you." Lin Qin's sincere words made Brother Yi, who had been exhausted physically and mentally over the past few days, blush.

"He didn't do anything to the child, did he?" Lin Qin was a little worried that Brother Yi had been beaten like this, so the other party wouldn't also turn his anger on the child.

Lin Qin's words made Brother Yi's expression change, and suddenly there was a fierce look in his eyes, and he said, "If he dares, I don't care how he beats me, but if he dares to take action against my child, I will fight him to the death." Child. This is Brother Yi's bottom line. No matter how he is treated, it doesn't matter to him, but if he dares to do something to his child, then don't blame him for being cruel.

Seeing that the head of the house, Brother Yi, had not yet ruthlessly vented his anger on the child, Lin Qin's face looked better, and he was still saved.

Brother Yi did not stay with Lin Qin for long. Since his father-in-law was taken away by the army, all the heavy and light work in the family fell on him alone. In the past, his mother-in-law would help with some housework, but now, Brother Yi hardly has much free time all day long.

Lin Qin looked at Brother Yi's retreating back and suddenly realized that he was much thinner than before. He felt pity for him but didn't know how to help him.

After Zhang Dayong came back in the evening, Lin Qin told him about Brother Yi, and even shed tears while talking. Feeling sad for Brother Yi would also make their younger brother feel sad.

Lin Qin's story made Zhang Dayong frown, and he obviously disapproved of what Master Yi was doing.

"Brother Dayong, I suddenly regret that I gave birth to Xiaodouzi as a little brother. The status of a little brother in this world is too low, and his life is too hard. Even if he was protected by us when he was a child, when he grows up, everything will be different. If he marries a wrong person like Brother Yi, what should I do with my little Douzi?" Lin Qin felt as if Xiaodouzi would marry the wrong person like Brother Yi in the future, and even be bullied by her husband's family. Knife twisted. Ever since he learned about Brother Yi today, Lin Qin regretted more than once why he had created Xiaodouzi into a little brother. It would have been better if Xiaodouzi had been a boy.

Zhang Dayong was holding Lin Qin in his arms in distress. Just as he was about to comfort him, he heard what Lin Qin said. Then he imagined the scene in his mind, and subconsciously used a little more strength, and the veins jumped. The back of Zhang Dayong's hand showed the anger in Zhang Dayong's heart at this time.

"Brother Qin, it's not up to us to decide whether to have a brother or a boy. It's God's arrangement, so don't blame yourself. And what's wrong with the little brother? The little brother is more considerate than the boy. In the future, we will talk about it when we are old. You may have to rely on my little brother to take care of you." Zhang Dayong comforted Lin Qin softly while holding back the anger in his heart.

Lin Qin looked at Zhang Dayong with tearful eyes and said, "Brother Dayong, I have never disliked Xiaodouzi for being a little brother. I am just afraid that Xiaodouzi will be bullied because of his status as a little brother. What if he marries an inhumane person in the future?" . Except for people like my second brother who are born with a younger brother, except for those from poor families, few would want to marry a younger brother." "

Brother Qin, just because the younger brother is born with a hard life, that's why we have to give him Xiaodouzi needs more care. As for the future, as long as I live, no one can bully my little brother. I will definitely help him choose his future husband carefully, just in case, if he really gets married It's the wrong person. Although I don't have much ability, I can still feed my little brother and give him a bite to eat." Zhang Dayong said domineeringly.

Zhang Dayong's domineering words calmed Lin Qin's worry a lot because of Brother Yi. He silently glanced at the sleeping sweet little Douzi and secretly made up his mind to protect him and prevent him from suffering the same fate as Brother Yi. The fate of a child.

"Brother Dayong, Xiaodouzi is several months old but he still doesn't have a name." Lin Qin looked at Zhang Dayong and said.

Zhang Dayong had a look of shame and confusion on his face when he heard this. In the past few months, Zhang Dayong had thought of many names, but he rejected them all. He always felt that those grasses and flowers were not worthy of his little brother. . But Zhang Dayong had never read a book and couldn't think of any elegant name. In addition, Xiaodouzi had already adopted a nickname and had no problem calling it until he was five or six years old, so the name was dragged down like this.

"In a few days, when I go to town to sell prey, I'll find a fortune teller to give our little brother a nicer name." Zhang Dayong said a little embarrassed.

"Okay." Lin Qin secretly covered his mouth and smiled before responding.

When Zhang Dayong once again took his prey to the town to sell, he found a fortune teller on the street.

"Sir, I would like to ask you to help me choose a nicer name for my little brother. This is the birth date of my little brother." Zhang Dayong handed over the birth date that Village Chief Li helped write down when Xiaodouzi was born. Got the fortune teller.

The fortune teller took the horoscope and counted with his fingers, and then said, "Your little brother is missing wood in the five elements. It's best to have a wood in his name."

"Old sir, I don't understand this either, so please just go ahead and tell me." Please help me get one." Zhang Dayong said.

The fortune teller touched his beard and nodded, then pondered for a while and said, "What do you think of this name? Joan is usually compared to a beautiful jade. I hope your little brother will be as dazzling as a jade in the future. And Joan is in Among the five elements, the zodiac sign of wood just makes up for the five elements that your little brother lacks. I think you are not from a wealthy family because of your simple clothes. If the word "Qiong" is used, the little brother will probably be overwhelmed, so I thought that in Qiong's Adding the word "安" after it means that the little brother will be safe and sound in the future."

The fortune teller's words can be said to be from the bottom of Zhang Dayong's heart. For Zhang Dayong, he just hopes that his little brother will be safe and sound throughout his life. Is it smooth and profitable?

"Qiong'an, Zhang Qiong'an is a good name, a good name, thank you, old man." Zhang Dayong put away the horoscope he had just handed to the fortune teller, and then took the red paper with Xiaodouzi's name written on it and put it away. Then he counted out a few copper coins and handed it over. Gave it to the fortune teller.

The prey has been sold and the name has been taken, and Zhang Dayong is ready to go home.

Just now, Zhang Dayong was in a hurry to sell prey and find a fortune teller and didn't pay much attention to the surrounding environment. Only then did he realize that there were many more ragged people on the surrounding streets. There are old people, young men, young girls or women, and even many strong men.

Their clothes were shabby, their faces were covered with fatigue and stains, and many of them even had eyes full of despair and death. This made Zhang Dayong very confused about what had happened in the town and why everyone had become like this. .

Zhang Dayong turned around and found the fortune teller again, counted a few more coins and handed them over, and asked in a low voice, "Old sir, I would like to ask what happened in the town recently? Why do I see so many people?" Ragged clothes???"

The fortune teller was originally wondering why Zhang Dayong came back. After hearing the other party's question, he sighed heavily, pushed the copper plate back, and said, "There is nothing that can't be said. You will give the money to Take it back."

Zhang Dayong saw that the fortune teller didn't seem to be evasive but really didn't want the money. He thanked him first and then put away the copper plate.

"It starts with the war on the border..." The fortune teller slowly told the recent events one by one.

It turns out that after the war on the border, there were countless casualties, and many villages were covered by the flames of war. The residents on the border had to pack their bags and leave the place where they were born and raised. Almost all the towns close to the border were affected by the war. They could only keep walking. With no money and no food, they could only become refugees begging all the way in the hope of surviving.

Many elderly people and children were abandoned by their families because they were disliked and held back. Some people were separated from their families when they ran away and could never find their relatives again.

Luohua Town is quite far from the border, and wars generally do not spread here, so many people want to settle down in Luohua Town. But the problem is that Luohua Town is not a very big town. It is impossible to resettle so many refugees. The most important thing is that the county magistrate who manages Luohua Town seems to know nothing. He has not said whether to resettle or drive away the refugees. .

"Although the county magistrate is confused, the officials who patrol Luohua Town have a conscience. As long as the refugees don't cause trouble, they basically turn a blind eye and let the refugees stay in every corner of the town." The fortune teller said with anger and sigh.

Zhang Dayong's mood at this time was very complicated. Like a fortune teller, he was shameless and angry at what the county magistrate had done, and he felt sad for the refugees who had lost their homes because of the war. If Zhang Dayong had not gotten married, he might not have helped those refugees, even if his power was insignificant. But people are selfish. Zhang Dayong has his own husband and children to take care of. He can't abandon his husband and children to help the refugees. All he can do is pretend that he doesn't know what to do.

"Since you took care of my business today, I would like to remind you not to come to town these days. Many men among the refugees will get into trouble sooner or later." The fortune teller said and began to pack up his stall and prepare to go home. Recently, he There probably won't be any more stalls.

"What do you mean, sir???" Something will happen, what will happen? ? ?

"Although not all the residents in the town are rich, they basically have enough food and clothing. The refugees have nothing. When you have nothing, what do you think when you see others having food and clothing every day..." The fortune teller looked meaningfully. A glance at Zhang Dayong.

Although Zhang Dayong didn't think he would do anything bad when he got to that point, he still understood what the fortune teller meant when he said something might happen. When this person is in a desperate situation, it is easy for him to get into trouble, and with a group of people who are completely opposite to him for comparison, it is easier for him to become hot-headed and do crazy things.

Author's gossip: The chapters have been rested. Although I don't know why the second half changed to the previous chapters, it's also the reason why I didn't check it properly. I'm very excited. I will be more careful in the subsequent updates.