Chapter 64 Preparation

"Dayong, why are you here? Do you want me to find you a wife? You should have found one a long time ago. Don't worry, Auntie will help you find a good one." Aunt Zhou looked at I was very surprised when I met Zhang Dayong. On weekdays, Zhang Dayong would greet her when he met her in the village, but he had never taken the initiative to come to her door. However, Zhang Dayong's visit still made Aunt Zhou very happy. She thought that he had finally figured out that he wanted to get married, and she began to think about what kind of girl or boy to give Zhang Dayong.

"Auntie." Auntie Zhou is one of the few people in the village who doesn't believe in Zhang Dayong's "notorious reputation", and she is quite caring on weekdays. A few years ago, when Zhang Dayong became an adult, Auntie Zhou wanted to marry Zhang Dayong, but Zhang Dayong refused. . Zhang Dayong didn't say anything about Aunt Zhou's care, but he remembered it in his heart.

"Come in first, tell Auntie whether you want someone gentle or quick. Don't worry, Auntie will find it for you." Auntie Zhou opened the door and let Zhang Dayong in, and said in a crackling voice.

Zhang Dayong took the water handed over by Aunt Zhou, thanked him first, and then said, "I came here today to ask my aunt what I need for a job, and I will ask my aunt to be my matchmaker in four days to go to the job for me." ."

Zhang Dayong's words surprised Aunt Zhou at first, and then said happily, "It turns out that you have found a good family. There is absolutely no problem. You will be with Aunt in four days. Aunt will definitely help you get it done. By the way, you Is the future daughter-in-law a girl or a boy? From whose family??? Is she from the village or outside the village???"

"It's Brother Qin from Uncle Lin Han's family." Zhang Dayong rarely felt a little embarrassed.

When Aunt Zhou heard that it was Brother Qin, her first reaction was to think of the rumors about Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin in the village, and asked with some hesitation, "You and Brother Qin..."

Although Aunt Zhou didn't finish her words, Zhang Dayong still understood. Aunt Zhou explained, "Brother Qin and I have never had any relationship before, and those rumors are just rumors. The reason why I want to marry Brother Qin is just because he is a good person, and Uncle Lin is also a bit easy to make mistakes." That's why I decided to settle down."

"I see, Brother Qin is indeed a good boy, and you will be blessed in the future." Lin Qin and Zhang Dayong are two big problems in Aunt Zhou's place. Both of them are good boys, but because Tired by fame, Aunt Zhou was also happy for the two of them now that they were together.

Zhang Dayong said nothing to Aunt Zhou's words, but a faint smile appeared at the corner of his mouth.

Aunt Zhou didn't forget why Zhang Dayong came to her today. She drank some water and cleared her throat, and then said, "Our farmers are not that particular about betrothal gifts. If it's more convenient, just carry a few prey and then give the football lottery money." That's it. If you want to be more formal, you need to prepare eight things such as a comb, a ruler, a mirror, scissors, a money box, a bucket, a wishful scale and an abacus."

Zhang Dayong mentally calculated whether his family's savings would be enough to buy these items. , thinking about whether to go up the mountain tomorrow.

Aunt Zhou glanced at Zhang Dayong and said, "Yongzi, we are not from the town. In fact, the betrothal gift does not need to be so particular, it should be practical. These wishful scales and abacus are not useful on ordinary days, even if they are expensive. If you really want to prepare them, To be more precise, just prepare a comb, mirror and scissors. You also need to prepare some candies, which don't have to be too meaningful, as well as wedding cakes. In addition, prepare wedding clothes, drinks, chicken and other items. If you have money, If you are rich, you can buy Brother Qin a hairpin or bracelet and put it in as a betrothal gift."

"Thank you, aunt, I understand." Although Zhang Dayong has made a lot of money from hunting over the years, the house he lives in is already a bit dilapidated. Since he is getting married, he must If you want to decorate it, you can't let Lin Qin live in a dilapidated house after getting married. It would already cost a fortune to repair the house, plus the banquet and bride price on the wedding day. Zhang Dayong felt that he had to go back and take a closer look at how much savings he still had.

"You don't have any family to help you. It's not easy to buy all these things in just four days. Let me prepare the candies, wedding cakes, comb and mirror for you. All you need to do is prepare the wedding clothes and drinks." Aunt Zhou felt sorry for Zhang Dayong's difficulty in being alone and offered help.

Zhang Dayong originally wanted to ask Village Chief Li for help, but considering that Village Chief Li's family must have been busy preparing for Li Mo's marriage recently, he might not be free. I was originally thinking about who to ask for help, but I didn't expect Aunt Zhou to take the initiative to offer help. Zhang Dayong was naturally grateful.

"Sorry for bothering you, auntie." Zhang Dayong thanked him sincerely.

Aunt Zhou waved her hand and said, "Why are you being polite to Auntie?"

Zhang Dayong took out a couple of silver coins from his arms and handed them to Auntie Zhou and said, "Auntie, I don't have much silver with me. You can use the money first. If it's not enough, you can follow me." I said. "To buy a betrothal gift for Zhang Dayong, you must not ask Aunt Zhou to advance money.

Help is help, and Aunt Zhou would definitely not advance the money herself, so Aunt Zhou did not refuse the money Zhang Dayong handed over.

After Zhang Dayong returned home, he took out the silver box placed in the corner and opened it. He counted it and found that there were more than one hundred and twenty taels of silver. The main reason was that Zhang Dayong was lucky enough to shoot a tiger before, and the tiger was directly attracted by the nobles in the town. Bought it for one hundred taels. Seeing the money in the box, Zhang Dayong breathed a huge sigh of relief. Dayong was not going to use the one hundred taels, thinking that more than 20 taels should be enough to repair the house and host the wedding.

Zhang Dayong planned to put the repairs on the house behind him. Zhang Dayong thought of going to town to buy wedding clothes tomorrow, and then going to a jewelry store to buy a silver hairpin for Lin Qin to make Lin Qin look better. As for drinks, Zhang Dayong felt that he had to trouble Village Chief Li. After all, Zhang Dayong didn't drink much on weekdays, and he didn't know which drink was good.

After Zhang Dayong put the silver box away again, he left home again to find Village Chief Li.

Village Chief Li was discussing Li Mo's dowry with his husband when he saw Zhang Dayong coming to him and saying that he was going to marry Lin Qin. He wanted to ask him which drink was good, and he also wanted to invite him to be a witness.

Village Chief Li was confused for a while, and then he happily patted Zhang Dayong on the shoulder and said, "Good boy, you finally figured out that you are willing to get married. Brother Qin is a good boy and he is a good match for you. You don't have to worry about drinks. Whether it's for an appointment or for a banquet, I will prepare it for you. How have you prepared the other things? Do you want uncle to help you prepare them together?" "No, uncle

, Brother Mo's marriage is coming soon. Now, just prepare his dowry with peace of mind. Aunt Zhou said she would help me prepare the items needed for the appointment. As for the wedding clothes, I will go to town to purchase them tomorrow." Zhang Dayong said.

Seeing that Matchmaker Zhou had agreed to help, Village Chief Li didn't have much time to say because his family was busy with Li Mo's dowry recently, so he didn't say anything more. He just told Zhang Dayong not to worry about the drinking problem and he would solve it.

Zhang Dayong did not refuse Village Chief Li's offer to prepare drinks for him, but also gave him a tael of silver and asked him to come back to him if he didn't have enough. Village Chief Li was a little unhappy at first, and said it was just some drinks as his gift, but Zhang Dayong coaxed him back with a few words. I have to say that Zhang Dayong usually doesn't like to talk, but he really wants to talk about it. He is quite eloquent, at least Village Chief Li never said anything about him.

"Yongzi, when it comes to wedding clothes, don't just buy ready-made clothes. The size won't fit, and it's also very expensive. You can just buy a piece of red cloth and put it in the betrothal gift, and then let Brother Qin make it." Normally, unless you don't have enough time. , or the wealthy families in the town don't want to bother, otherwise the wedding clothes used for getting married are usually made by the future husband (wife) himself. Village Chief Li was careful that Zhang Dayong didn't know how to spend money randomly, so he held Zhang Dayong and talked for a long time before he left.

Zhang Dayong was really planning to buy ready-made clothes directly. It wouldn't be that troublesome. As for the more expensive price for a once-in-a-lifetime wedding, it doesn't matter. But if the size doesn't fit, it would be troublesome to change it. In this case, it is better to buy red cloth from the beginning. do it yourself.

The next day, Zhang Dayong walked to the town by himself to purchase red cloth and hairpins. After arriving in the town, Zhang Dayong first went to the jewelry store.

The waiter at the jewelry store didn't mean to look down on anyone. Even though Zhang Dayong was not well dressed, he greeted him very warmly. "Hello, sir, I wonder what you want to buy?

" Hairpin." Zhang Dayong said after looking around.

The waiter's eyes lit up when he heard that he was buying it for his fiance. He led Zhang Dayong to the counter where the young brother's husband's clothes were placed. Then he calculated Zhang Dayong's purchasing power in his mind, and then took out a plate of food from behind the counter. Wooden hairpins and silver hairpins.

"The prices of these two sets of hairpins vary. The cheapest one without any patterns can be sold for only five cents. The ones with patterns usually cost between fifteen to twenty cents. These wooden hairpins The wood is only average, but it can be worn for a year or two. These are hairpins made of slightly better wood, and the price ranges from one hundred to five hundred cents." The waiter didn't know the bottom line of price in Zhang Dayong's mind. , so let's start with the cheapest wooden hairpin.

Zhang Dayong glanced at the wooden hairpin casually, and then said, "I want to buy a silver hairpin."

The waiter's eyes became brighter when he heard Zhang Dayong said that he wanted to buy a silver hairpin, and the smile at the corner of his mouth became a little more genuine. You must know that the cheapest silver hairpin costs more than one tael, and he can also get a commission of more than fifty yuan.

"Silver hairpins are a little more expensive. The cheapest one costs more than one tael, and the most expensive one costs more than ten taels. But sir, you see, this hairpin has a fine pattern and is definitely worth the money." The waiter first pointed to the most expensive one. The cheap one, then took out the most expensive one and showed it to Zhang Dayong.

Zhang Dayong frowned slightly when he heard that he wanted ten taels of silver. It was not that Zhang Dayong couldn't get the ten taels of silver, but in that case he would have to use the one hundred taels of silver at the bottom of the box. Zhang Dayong didn't really want to use the banknote unless he had to.

I saw the waiter a lot on weekdays. One look at Zhang Dayong's frown and he knew that the other person was too expensive. Although he felt regretful that he couldn't make a big order, he still put the most expensive hairpin aside and then picked up a medium-priced hairpin. The introduction said, "What do you think of this one? Although the top of this hairpin is just an ordinary plum blossom, the meaning of concentric birds is engraved on the hairpin, which can be said to be very good." Zhang Dayong was a little moved when he heard that the concentric birds were engraved on the hairpin

. So he asked, "How much does this hairpin cost???"

Seeing that Zhang Dayong was moved, the waiter's smile deepened and he replied, "It's not too expensive, only three taels of silver." Three taels of silver

is already very expensive, and one tael of silver is already very expensive. Two dollars can allow a family of three to live comfortably for a month. However, compared with the previous 10 taels of hairpins, 3 taels was indeed not too expensive. Zhang Dayong thought about it and decided to buy this hairpin.

After paying the money, the waiter carefully wrapped the hairpin and handed it to Zhang Dayong. Zhang Dayong looked at the wrapped hairpin in his hand and wondered what Lin Qin would look like when he saw it, and then carefully placed it in his arms.