Chapter 168 Zheng Family

After Lin Qin and Matchmaker Song agreed on what they should say, they went to the town gate to find Zhang Dayong and his two children. When he arrived, Zhang Dayong and his two children were already waiting there. Lin Qin hurriedly greeted him with a smile.

"It's all agreed???" Zhang Dayong asked.

Lin Qin nodded and said, "Well, it's agreed that if there is any news, Matchmaker Song will go to Yu's accounting office and tell Jing Cheng." "

That's okay." The time they will go to town is uncertain. Will Matchmaker Song find them? It's easy to find. Zhang Jingcheng is almost always in the town, so it's easier to find him.

Zhang Jingcheng said with some reluctance, "Father, do you really want to marry me so early? I can't bear to let you go." Even though the three brothers couldn't see each other every day because they were studying as apprentices, their relationship has always been very good, Zhang Jingcheng said with some reluctance. Jingcheng and Zhang Hong'an also maintained and respected Zhang Qiong'an very much.

"Why is it so easy for a silly boy to get married? Even if it is settled, no one stipulates that we will get married soon, right?" Lin Qin said slyly. They were not surprised enough that the little brother was so well-behaved and filial. How could they? She got married so early.

Zhang Jingcheng groaned when he heard this and understood what Lin Qin meant. The reluctance on his face immediately dissipated a lot, and the family went home happily.

When the four of them got home, Zhang Qiong'an had already prepared dinner, took turns washing their hands, and the family happily ate around the table.

After all, it was Zhang Qiong'an's big deal to get married, so naturally he should tell him, so that Zhang Qiong'an wouldn't know anything when the matchmaker came to his door.

"Brother An, I went to town today mainly to find a matchmaker." Lin Qin said at the end of dinner.

Zhang Qiong'an is so smart. As soon as Lin Qin said this, he immediately understood that Lin Qin went to the matchmaker to arrange a marriage for him. Which little brother has never imagined what his future as the head of the family will look like, and Zhang Qiong'an is not exempt from this, and her pretty face turned red and she felt a little embarrassed.

"In the blink of an eye, you have grown so big that we can kiss you. I remember when you were born, you were such a small ball. Your father didn't even dare to hug you. He was afraid that he would be too strong and pinch you. Broken." Lin Qin's eyes began to turn red as he spoke.

Zhang Qiong'an was also touched and gently wiped the corners of his eyes.

"Brother An, don't worry. Regardless of whether you are married or not, you are my and your father's little brother. If you are bullied in the future, don't hold back and tell us. We will definitely stand up for you." Zhang Dayong said seriously. said.

Zhang Qiong'an nodded heavily with emotion.

Lin Qin slapped Zhang Dayong angrily and said, "We haven't even talked about the marriage yet, but we're expecting my little brother to be bullied??? Can you say something nice?" "

I just want my little brother to know that I Attitude, what do you mean I expect my little brother to be bullied?" Zhang Dayong felt very aggrieved, why didn't he expect his little brother to be better? He obviously loved his little brother the most.

Lin Qin rolled his eyes at Zhang Dayong, and then said to Zhang Qiong'an, "Your future husband's father is not planning to find you a rich man. I just hope that the man will be a good man and treat you well."

Zhang Qiong'an also didn't want to marry . When he becomes a young man in a wealthy family, he is a very self-aware person, so he must marry someone who is well-matched to his family.

Zhang Qiong'an was shy about wanting to kiss her for a few days and then put it behind her. After all, it was just a request. She hadn't officially said kiss yet. Why was she so shy so early? If she had the time to be shy, she might as well embroider more. I'm going to sell the handkerchief.

It is said that after Lin Qin left, Matchmaker Song also started to pay attention to the husband's family of the Zhang family. Matchmaker Song knew that many families in the town looked down on country people, so naturally they had to be screened out as soon as possible. After excluding those whose conditions are too good or too bad, as well as those whose character is a little flawed, there are actually not many left.

Matchmaker Song searched carefully and found that the eldest son of the Zheng family who opened a bookstore in the town met Lin Qin's previous requirements.

The Zheng family is a relatively well-known family in the town. They have opened bookstores for several generations, but bookstores are not so easy to open, especially since the people in the town who do not study much are basically those in the school, so on weekdays Business is purely average. That is to say, the Zheng family has opened a bookstore in the town for several generations, and it has become famous. The first thing people think of when buying books is their family. In addition, the head of the Zheng family is a smart person and has bought a lot of miscellaneous books and novels. The business has improved a lot, but the family background is still not comparable to that of the rich families in the town. It can be said that I can have enough food and clothing for a year and still have some money left over.

The eldest son of the Zheng family is named Zheng Qizhi. He is eighteen years old this year. He has grown up among books since he was a child. His father has personally taught him how to read and write since he was three years old. When I got older, I was sent to a school in the town. When I was fifteen, I passed the exam and came back as a boy student. It is said that I am going to try this year to see if I can pass the exam and come back as a scholar. He is gentle and polite, with a cheerful personality, and he has many friends in school.

The Zheng family does not require their daughter-in-law to be a woman or a younger brother, nor does they require a large dowry. They only hope that the daughter-in-law can read and write and be able to talk to Zheng Qizhi. There are a few people in the town who will send their boys or girls to study in the academy. Basically, they are from the top families, but how can people like that get the chance to go to the Zheng family. Before, Matchmaker Song had a headache finding her, but now it's no coincidence, right?

"Is Mrs. Zheng here???" Song Matchmaker stood at the door of Zheng's house and knocked on the door.

After a while, a middle-aged woman came out, opened the door and saw that it was Matchmaker Song. A smile suddenly appeared on her face and she said, "Matchmaker Song is here. Aunt Qiao, please serve tea to the matchmaker quickly and bring some snacks." ."

Mrs. Zheng took Matchmaker Song to the room where she usually entertained guests and sat down. After the mother-in-law at home brought tea and snacks, Mrs. Zheng said, "Matchmaker is here today and there is good news???"

Matchmaker Song thought This scholar is very particular. Not only did he bring tea but also snacks to accompany the tea. After taking a sip of tea and eating a snack, Matchmaker Song wiped the corners of her mouth with a handkerchief and said, "There is a family, this family Although they come from a rural family, the three children in the family are all scholars. Especially this little brother, who studied at Yulin Academy. Mrs. Zheng should be very clear about the professors at Yulin Academy. It just so happens that the other party's family background is better than that of the man. They paid more attention to the man's character and said that as long as he was good to their little brother, the betrothal gift would depend on the man's wishes. At that time, I felt in my heart that this little brother was a good match for our Mr. Zheng, so I hurried over and told Mr. Zheng Madam, please listen."

Madam Zheng was not happy when she first heard that the other party was not only a boy but also from a country family. If it weren't for the education and the help of matchmaker Song to arrange a marriage for him, she would Outright angry. But when she heard that her three children were all scholars, and her younger brother had studied at Yulin Academy, Mrs. Zheng's expression changed. Mrs. Zheng also studied at Yulin Academy when she was young, so she naturally had a natural affection for people who also came from Yulin. Then I heard that the other party did not ask for any amount of betrothal gift, but only asked them to be good to the younger brother. It was obvious that the elder of the other party really loved the younger brother and was reasonable.

"I wonder what this little guy's name is??? How old is he this year??? What does his family do???" Mrs. Zheng asked excitedly.

The smile on Matchmaker Song's face became a little thicker and she said, "My little brother's surname is Zhang Qiong'an. He is fifteen this year, which is a good age. It is said that he went to the academy to study at the age of nine. He just stopped studying this year. My little brother usually I don't have much hobbies here. In addition to doing housework, I do needlework and play the flute at home. At most, I go to the homes of a few close friends. The land in this family is not very large, only five acres, but the men of the Zhang family have the opportunity to hunt. With my craftsmanship, I can still have some extra money throughout the year."

The more Mrs. Zheng listened, the brighter her eyes became, and she felt in her heart that this young man was indeed a good candidate, but she was not the one to get married, and she felt that it was useless no matter how good he was. So she said, "This guy is indeed good, but I have to ask the head of my family and my boy about this..."

Matchmaker Song understood what Mrs. Zheng meant, stood up and said, "Getting married is the biggest event in life. Naturally, I should think about it carefully. The old lady has nothing else to do these days. If Madam has thought about it, just send someone to my house to tell me." "Okay, I'll trouble Matchmaker Song to make a trip today

." Zheng Madam personally escorted Matchmaker Song to the door.

During dinner in the evening, Mrs. Zheng told about the arrival of Matchmaker Song, and then talked about the situation of the Zhang family, and finally said, "Master, what do you think???"

Shopkeeper Zheng actually thought it was pretty good, but he felt It's useless to say yes. The main thing is that Zheng Qizhi must feel good about it. If he doesn't like them, it's useless to say yes.

Mrs. Zheng and Shopkeeper Zheng looked at Zheng Qizhi at the same time. Zheng Qizhi looked a little embarrassed by them, but thinking of Mrs. Zheng's description just now, the appearance of a gentle and knowledgeable young man vaguely appeared in his mind, and his cheeks felt even hotter. He lowered his head and whispered, "Very good."

When Mrs. Zheng and Shopkeeper Zheng heard this, they both laughed. Mrs. Zheng said, "In that case, I will personally go to Matchmaker Song tomorrow and ask her to help arrange a match. If we meet each other and feel good about it, we will decide on the marriage as soon as possible."

"It all depends on mother's arrangement." Zheng Qizhi said in a deep voice.

Mrs. Zheng was worried about the only boy's marriage. She went to Matchmaker Song's house early the next morning to inform them of their intentions, and asked Matchmaker Song to help negotiate an agreement and arrange a time for both parties to see each other.

After Matchmaker Song saw off Mrs. Zheng, she went to Yu Zhangfang's house without stopping and met Zhang Jingcheng. Matchmaker Song looked at Zhang Jingcheng carefully and found that if the other party didn't tell him, it would be impossible to tell that he was from the countryside. He looked no different from the residents of the town.

Matchmaker Song carefully described the situation of the Zheng family to Zhang Jingcheng, and asked Zhang Jingcheng to go back and tell Lin Qin to see if he was satisfied. If he felt good, she would arrange a time for both parties to take a look.

Zhang Jingcheng carefully wrote down Matchmaker Song's words. After Matchmaker Song left, he took half a day's leave from Accountant Yu, preparing to return to the village alone to inform Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin of the news.

Although Accountant Yu was a little worried about whether there would be any problem if he went back alone, he thought that Zhang Jingcheng was already a teenager, so he just told him to be careful on the road and let him go.

Author's gossip: The time is wrong and there is no way to change it, so I can only publish the two chapters together.