Chapter 69 Marriage (1)

The wedding date was set very smoothly. In the following days, both the Lin family and Zhang Dayong began to prepare wedding supplies. Village Chief Li saw that Zhang Dayong was alone, so he offered to help. Initially, Zhang Dayong was a little embarrassed and thought it would be too much trouble for Village Chief Li. After all, Village Chief Li had helped a lot since the marriage proposal. As a result, Zhang Dayong was scolded by Village Chief Li, saying that he was too outsider and whether he wanted to give Lin Qin a perfect wedding. These last words completely moved Zhang Dayong.

While Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin were preparing for their wedding, the deadline stipulated by the government also came. Although Zhang Dayong had not officially gotten married yet, he was already engaged and naturally avoided the official match. Zhuangyuan Village is relatively wealthy, so there are very few people who have not yet gotten married by the age of twenty-five. Previously, there were only two people, Lin Dazhu and Zhang Dayong. On the other hand, there are several people in other villages who are still unmarried under the age of 25. They have problems with their family background and their character.

Those who had not yet gotten married were all forced to match by the county government officials according to the list. Of course, the county government was only responsible for matching and not getting married, and the marriage matters still had to be prepared by oneself. Of course, if the family's financial situation is too difficult, the county government will also give a subsidy of three taels of silver. Although it's not too much, you can still have a simple wedding if you save a little.

Because there were marriages in every village, and because they were assigned names by the county government officials, when the men assigned by the officials got married, there were also villagers in Zhuangyuan Village to watch the fun, and a group of people started talking after they came back.

Lin Qin couldn't help but feel curious. It was rare for him to put down his work of making wedding clothes and go out to listen to everyone's gossip.

"Do you remember Li Dali from Dongyang Village? He was a loyal and honest man who never got a wife because his family's conditions were so poor. This time, the government assigned a brother who was delayed because of his filial piety. That brother has a more aggressive personality, but He is a good hand at housework, and it is said that he is also good to Li Dali. Li Dali, who used to wear shabby clothes every day, now wears new clothes." Many women and their husbands were chatting in the big house, and Lin Qin also He walked behind everyone and listened to the gossip without making a sound.

"Actually, it's better to have someone with a more aggressive personality. Li Dali's honest temperament can be paired with an honest husband who won't be bullied to death." "

Yes, you also know that I and Dongyang Village are a bit old, Li Li Dali is very popular in Dongyang Village. Before, everyone was worried that he would be assigned to an official with a bad personality and be punished. Now everyone is relieved. Li Dali's husband is a bit aggressive, but he is not unscrupulous. Logically speaking, it is a good marriage to be devoted to Li Dali."

"That's right, that's right. I thought before that the official match was just a matter of a casual stroke, but now it seems that those poor men have investigated everyone's situation. "

That's right, do you still remember the gangster Lai San from Wangjiacun? He was also married to an official. Lai San has been a gangster since he was a child. He has never done any big evil but does small evil every day. He is simply a human being. No one was willing to marry him because of his distaste. This time he was also matched with a man by the official. He was already very happy. He even clamored that he would have someone to take care of him in the future. He also said that if the husband of the official match was not comfortable being served by him, So he sold it for money. As a result, the government directly matched Guan with a husband who had a bad reputation and was very fond of fighting. Now the two of them play a small amount a day and a dozen every three days, which has become a joke in Wangjiacun. "

"Then it seems that if a man of good character is unable to get married due to his family background, the government officials will find a better marriage. If a man of bad character is matched with someone of equally bad character." "

If that's the case. If you can always do this, official marriage doesn't seem so scary. It's even a great thing for those who can't get married because they have no money." "

Yeah, didn't my mother-in-law's family have something wrong before? It cost a lot of money. A lot of money has cost my eldest nephew, who is already twenty-four this year and still can't find a wife. I was originally worried about what to do if he got a bad official match next year. My parents and my brother have been looking worried all day long. Now, With a smile on his face every day, he said that if he still can't make enough money to marry my eldest nephew in the next year, he would just wait for the officials to match him well." "The

imperial court has done a great thing this time. Those boys from poor families will be lucky in the future."

Lin Qin satiated his curiosity after listening to the gossip. When he was about to go back and continue making wedding dresses, he suddenly heard someone mention Qi Geer and said Arriving at Zhang Dayong, Lin Qin subconsciously stopped.

"It's a pity for Brother Qi. If he had known earlier that the government officials would not match him casually, he wouldn't have had to pursue Zhang Dayong desperately. He hoped to get married soon. Now his reputation has been ruined." "

Yes, Brother Qi too. It's a pity, and if Zhang Dayong hadn't been engaged to Brother Qin before, he would have been of the right age for an official match. The official officials saw that the two were in similar conditions and had no problem with their character, so they matched him directly." "Don't even mention it

. It's really possible."

Lin Qin listened to the echoes of many people in his ears, his hands slightly clenched into fists and the corners of his mouth drooped, obviously in a very unhappy mood.

"Okay, don't talk about it. It will be bad if it reaches the ears of the Lin family. If the marriage between Brother Qin and Zhang Dayong is caused by our nonsense here, then we will It's a sin." Because Lin Qin stood at the back and everyone was chatting happily, no one noticed Lin Qin's presence at all.

As soon as these words came out, everyone shut their mouths. Although they liked gossiping a little, they didn't have the bad intention to ruin the marriage. Before, they just felt sorry for Brother Qi.

"Speaking of which, has Brother Qi been matched by an official? I don't know what kind of person he will be matched with???" Seeing that the atmosphere was a bit awkward, a woman changed the subject.

"I haven't received any news about Brother Qi's departure, probably not yet. After all, there are so many surrounding villages and mountain people in the mountains who all need official matches. It's normal that Brother Qi won't be available for a while."

" I hope the official can match Brother Qi with a better family. It has been very difficult for Brother Qi these years."

"Yes." "That's right." "I hope God can bless me."

Lin Qin did not continue. It sounded like he came quietly and left the big banyan tree quietly. After returning home, looking at the bright red wedding dress, Lin Qin felt very complicated. After sitting quietly for a long time, Lin Qin picked up the needle and thread again and started sewing the dress. Brother Qi may be pitiful, but Lin Qin cannot pity Brother Qi and give up to Zhang Dayong. Moreover, he and Zhang Dayong were engaged openly and openly, and nothing was done in private. The most important thing is that Qi Geer has nothing to do with Zhang Dayong, and there is no robbery by him, so he, Lin Qin, is not sorry. Brother Qi.

I don't know if there are too many people who need official matches. Until the day when Lin Qin and Zhang Dayong got married, I didn't hear any news about Brother Qi's marriage.

At this time, Lin Qin no longer had the mind to think about that. He was sitting nervously on the bed wearing a red wedding dress, letting Mr. Li dress him up. When a young man gets married, he doesn't put on a lot of makeup like a girl does. He just combs his hair, puts on a little powder to make his skin look better, and finally applies some rouge and purses his lips with red paper. .

Bai Xiuniang's belly was slightly swollen at this time. After the fetus was firmly seated, Bai Xiuniang's sleepiness improved a lot, so today she was busy with Li Mo.

Lin Qin was waiting nervously here, while Zhang Dayong's performance on the other side was not much better. He was stiff and walked with the same hands and feet, which was a joke to Village Chief Li and Li Teng who came to help.

Village Chief Li smiled, but he was also happy in his heart. The child who had been soaked in bitter juice since childhood was finally getting married.

"Yongzi, after today you will be the head of this family. After you have a husband, you will have children of your own, so you need to be more prudent in your work. You can no longer dare to hunt any prey like before. Money will always be If you don't make enough money, just make enough to live on." Village Chief Li said earnestly. Village Chief Li wanted to say it when Zhang Dayong shot the tiger before, but Village Chief Li knew Zhang Dayong and knew that even if he said it at that time, Zhang Dayong would not listen because Zhang Dayong had no scruples, or no nostalgia.

"I understand, uncle, I won't be as desperate as before." In the past, Zhang Dayong was just desperate for hunting. He would dare to charge at any animal he saw. After getting married today, Zhang Dayong has a bond. He still dares to hunt tigers and black bears like before.

"It's almost time, we should set off." Li Teng glanced at the sky outside and said.

"Let's go, let's go." Li Teng's brothers shouted loudly.

Zhang Dayong led the oxcart with big red flowers tied on its heads and set off first. Aunt Zhou followed Zhang Dayong. Behind him were Village Chief Li and his son, as well as several people who interacted with Zhang Dayong on weekdays. Young man.

When the group arrived at the Lin's house, it was no surprise that the door

of the Lin's house was closed. Zhang Dayong stood directly outside the courtyard door and shouted loudly, "Father, I'm here to pick up Brother Qin." The door of the hall opened and Lin Dazhu walked out. .

As soon as Zhang Dayong saw Lin Dazhu, he called out, "Brother, I'm here to pick up Brother Qin." "

I'm just such a brother. It wouldn't be too easy for you if I were picked up by you like this." Lin Dazhu looked at him with some displeasure. By Zhang Dayong.

It is an unwritten rule that the groom is embarrassed when accepting a bride. The purpose is to let the groom know that his brother (daughter) is not so easy to marry and he should cherish it in the future.

Zhang Dayong was not afraid and said in a deep voice, "Brother, what do you want me to do?"

"Quick, it's very simple. There are three bowls of noodles here, one of which is made by Brother Qin. All you have to do is find out which bowl is Brother Qin." When you make it, remember not to eat it, but to watch it." Lin Dazhu said as he saw Lin Erzhu walking out of the main room carrying a tray with three bowls of noodles on it.

"How can you recognize this???" Song Yi, one of the relatives who was picking up the family, screamed out in surprise when he saw this.

Others also think this is too difficult. The noodles all look the same. Who knows who made them unless they are in your mouth? Even if you eat them, sometimes you may not be able to eat them.

Zhang Dayong was very calm. He walked to the tray and observed it carefully. Then he pointed to the bowl of noodles in the middle and said, "This is made by Brother Qin." The noodles were served by

Lin Erzhu, so Lin Dazhu didn't know which bowl was Qin's. What my brother could do was look at Lin Erzhu. When he saw Lin Erzhu's surprised look, he knew that Zhang Dayong had guessed correctly. The Lin family all knew that Lin Qin had cooked for Zhang Dayong several times, otherwise they would not have asked this question to embarrass Zhang Dayong, but Zhang Dayong's guess was too fast.

"How did you guess it???" Although Lin Dazhu did not explicitly say whether Zhang Dayong guessed it correctly, his performance made everyone understand that Zhang Dayong guessed it correctly, and everyone looked at Zhang Dayong with the same doubts as Lin Dazhu.

"Brother Qin loves to be clean. Every time he cooks, he will wipe the edge of the bowl clean. And he doesn't like to fill the bowl with soup, so he will leave some gaps." Zhang Dayong explained.

After listening to Zhang Dayong's explanation, everyone looked carefully and found that the edge of the bowl in the middle was indeed clean and contained the least amount of soup. They all showed expressions of sudden realization.