Chapter 31: Encounter

"Father, why are you here today???" Song Mian was very surprised when he saw Old Man Song, because Old Man Song almost never came to town on his own initiative, either because there was something going on at home or because Song's mother called him of.

Old man Song was a little embarrassed when he saw Song Mian's surprised look. Thinking of Song's mother's previous instructions, he hesitated and said, "It's nothing. I just miss you and your mother, so I came to see you."

Song Mian was even more surprised when he heard this. The old man didn't have this kind of character, and the troubled look on Old Man Song's face clearly meant that he was hiding something from him, but Song Mian couldn't think of Lin Qin.

Song's mother knew that something was going to happen when she saw Old Man Song like that. She rolled her eyes in her heart, but said to Song Mian with a smile on her face, "Mian'er must be hungry. Mother has already cooked. Please wash up quickly and come over to eat." "

Okay mother." Although Song Mian had doubts in his heart, he saw that Song's mother avoided the topic and understood that neither Song's mother nor Old Man Song wanted him to know what happened. Because he had quarreled with Song's mother many times before because of Lin Qin's relationship, and almost made Song's mother sick, Song Mian always felt a little guilty towards Song's mother, and felt that Song's mother had been staying in the town to watch his behavior. I also half tolerated and half ignored the past. So Song Mian followed Mother Song's words and put down the bookcase, washed briefly, then sat at the table and had a rare reunion dinner as a family of three.

Old Man Song stayed in the town for one night and went back to Zhuangyuan Village early the next morning. Mother Song felt relieved when she saw Old Man Song leaving, thinking that Song Mian would not find out. But sometimes things just happen to happen. One day half a month later, Song Mian had a temporary break from school because his husband had something to do. Song Mian refused the invitation of his classmates and was going to go home to study, but he just walked to the entrance of the alley where he rented the courtyard. I saw a young man knocking on the door of his yard.

Mother Song was very surprised when she saw the person coming. She glanced around in a panic, and then said, "Why are you here? Didn't I tell you not to come to me until the matter is done?" "

I have my child over there. I came to you because I had no other choice." The man looked at Mother Song with a pleading look, but there was a hint of threat in his eyes.

Mother Song immediately understood the man's purpose and was very angry. However, she was worried that someone would find out if she delayed for a long time, so she took out five taels of silver from her arms and handed it to the man. She said angrily, "This money is enough for you." The woman has been using it for a while, remember not to come to me again until the matter is done, otherwise it will be no good to anyone if someone finds out."

"I know." The man shook the silver in his hand and put it in his arms with satisfaction. Then he carefully looked around and left the alley in the other direction.

After seeing the man leave, Song's mother took a careful look around and made sure there was no one before closing the door with peace of mind.

Song Mian saw all this and wanted to question Song's mother, but Song Mian knew that it was impossible for Song's mother to tell him the truth. Song Mian recognized the man just now and remembered that he seemed to be a clerk from the Tianya Restaurant in the town, but Song Mian didn't understand why Song's mother would know that man since she didn't go to the restaurant on weekdays. Moreover, the two of them were obviously plotting something. Song's mother was an ordinary woman, and her daily living environment was very simple. There was no need to plot anything. The more Song Mian thought about it, the more she felt that something was wrong, and she had an ominous premonition in her heart.

Song Mian looked at the gate of his yard and then at the sky, gritted his teeth, turned around and walked towards the entrance of the town. At this moment, Song Mian suddenly remembered the troubled look on Old Man Song's face last time. Song Mian might not be able to do anything against Song's mother, but Song Mian, the old man of Song Dynasty, believed that as long as he pressed him, he would definitely be able to find out something.