Chapter 119 Transition

The Lin family is close to the back mountain, so Zhang Dayong made a special trip to the Lin family after coming down the mountain. He took three pheasants from the prey and handed them to Bai Xiuniang, saying, "Sister-in-law, I have worked hard these days with my father and elder brother helping me. You kill a few chickens to replenish the health of my father and the others." Saying thank you is too superficial, and Bai Xiuniang will definitely not accept them. It is better to say that they are for Lin Han and the others to replenish the body. Anyway, everyone knows what it means.

"You said you were giving this for what purpose and selling it for a lot of money. We just helped water it for a few days and it didn't help much, yet we gave you three of them." Bai Xiuniang refused repeatedly.

Zhang Dayong directly put the pheasant in the yard, and then said, "Who said it wasn't a big help? My father and the others have helped me a lot by helping with watering in the past few days. Otherwise, Brother Qin would have to take care of the child alone." I'm working in the fields. It's not some expensive prey, just a few pheasants. Sister-in-law, don't be polite. I have to go to town to deliver the geese, so I won't stay any longer." After saying that, Zhang Dayong carried the remaining geese on his shoulders without waiting for Bai Xiuniang to say anything. The prey went home.

Lin Qin was feeding Xiaodouzi when he suddenly heard a movement outside the door. Thinking that it might be Zhang Dayong coming back, he put down the spoon in his hand in surprise and anxiously walked to the door with Xiaodouzi in his arms. Sure enough, he saw A tall figure standing in the yard.

"Brother Dayong, you are back." Lin Qin trotted up to Zhang Dayong with Xiaodouzi in his arms, his face full of joy and excitement.

Zhang Dayong and Lin Qin have not been separated for such a long time since they got married. It seemed like only three days for Zhang Dayong, but it seemed like three years had passed for Zhang Dayong. In the past three days, no one told me to eat enough and not to go hungry. When the temperature was cooling down, no one told me to wear more clothes and not to take my body seriously. Bit by bit, what seemed to be ordinary words before made Zhang Dayong fully understand how important Lin Qin was in his life. Regardless of how dusty he was, Zhang Dayong pulled Lin Qin into his arms and remained silent for a long time.

Lin Qin seemed to feel Zhang Dayong's inner excitement and quietly leaned into Zhang Dayong's arms. If Xiaodouzi hadn't started crying when he wasn't full yet, the two of them could have continued hugging each other.

"Oh, Xiaodouzi hasn't finished his milk yet. He must be starving." Lin Qin looked at the crying Xiaodouzi in his arms and suddenly thought of something, and said in annoyance.

Zhang Dayong followed Lin Qin into the main room and stood beside Lin Qin watching him skillfully feed Xiaodouzi. After looking at it for a while, he said, "I will go to town and hand over the geese to the housekeeper. If the matter is completed as soon as possible, I can feel at ease earlier. If something goes wrong with the geese, I can't get two geese out temporarily."

" Hey, go quickly and be careful on the road." Lin Qin had no reason not to agree. The biggest person Lin Qin had ever met was Village Chief Li. When the housekeeper came last time, his face was expressionless. Although he was not arrogant, Lin Qin was always a little shy for some reason when facing him, and he did not dare to speak too loudly. If possible, Lin Qin really didn't want Zhang Dayong to associate with these big shots. He was deeply afraid that he would be picked on by the other party, which would make them unhappy and Zhang Dayong would suffer.

"Is there anything you want me to bring back???" Zhang Dayong asked.

Lin Qin shook his head and said, "You don't need to bring any food at home. Just come back early after sending the geese off."

"Okay." Zhang Dayong responded, bent down and kissed Lin Qin on the forehead, and then walked out. Main room.

When Zhang Dayong arrived in the town, the temperature in the air had begun to drop, and the sun was faintly setting. Zhang Dayong was worried that he would not be able to get home before dark, so he rushed to Mufu with the wild geese as quickly as possible. Naturally, Zhang Dayong could not enter the door. He skillfully found the back door of Mu Mansion and knocked on the door.

After a while, the servant guarding the back door opened the door. Because Zhang Dayong had been here several times, the servant guarding the back door also knew him. However, he didn't know that Zhang Dayong was here to deliver the geese. He thought Zhang Dayong was here to sell the prey. He was curious. He asked, "What strange prey were caught today? You haven't been here for a long time." "I have

n't had much opportunity to go into the mountains recently, so I haven't caught any strange prey. I came here today to send geese. Before, Butler Mu followed me. I ordered two wild geese and asked me to deliver them within three days. Today is the last day." Zhang Dayong pointed to the wild geese on the ox cart and said.

The servants also knew that the house was busy with the appointment of the young master these days, so they dared not delay, so they left Zhang Dayong waiting outside the door and hurried to find Butler Mu.

Butler Mu was worried about why Zhang Dayong hadn't come yet. He knew that the day after tomorrow would be the day of appointment, and if something went wrong with Dayan, he would definitely be left without food.

You want to ask why Mu Guanjia went to find Dayan so late. In fact, it was not the case. After confirming the appointment date, Mu Guanjie sent people out to look for Dayan, but they were never found. It's not like they haven't sent people to the mountains to look for him, but I don't know if they are incompetent. They went deep into the mountains several times but no one could find him.

Later, Mu Guanjia wanted to ask Zhang Dayong for help. The two parties had traded several times, and Mu Guanjia also knew that Zhang Dayong would have no problem finding him with his hunting skills. As a result, the news that Mu Mansion was looking for Dayan was somehow found out by a hunter in Qingtian Village. The other party got in touch with a small steward in the Mansion. The steward had some relationship with Mu Guanjia, so he handed over the matter of looking for Dayan. Gave it to the hunter.

The day before Mu Guanjia went to find Zhang Dayong was the deadline he set for the hunter, but the hunter didn't come on the last day. Butler Mu sent someone to find the hunter, only to find out that he had an accident when he went up the mountain to look for wild geese and sprained his foot. He couldn't find the wild geese and was worried that Butler Wood would punish him, so he kept putting it off and refused to say anything. He couldn't say anything when he saw him come to the door. out.

Butler Mu was so angry that it didn't matter if you were injured and couldn't hunt. He had enough time to find someone to hunt wild geese, and it didn't have to be him. But he concealed it, making Butler Mu think that Dayan would have no problem, but no matter how angry he was, there was nothing he could do. The most important thing was to solve Dayan's problem. As for Orion, he would have plenty of time after the recruitment was over.

In fact, Butler Mu also knew that the three days he had set for Zhang Dayong was a bit too much. After all, wild geese were hard to find, and if you were not lucky, you might end up empty-handed in a few days. But he really had no choice, so he specially gave a high price as compensation.

Butler Mu hurried to the back door and saw two wild geese on the oxcart at a glance. They were white in color and had no impurities, and their feathers were also very graceful in shape. He agreed with his wife's previous request.

"Zhang Orion, you are still the best. Here are forty taels of silver, please spend some." Dayan's problem was solved perfectly. Mu Guanjia's brows that had been frowning for two days finally relaxed. What do you think of Zhang Dayong who solved this big trouble? Satisfied, he readily handed over the remaining forty taels of silver, and then told the boy beside him, "Bring these two geese down and put them in the yard, and let them feed them some food and water." Take good care of them. If anything goes wrong, see how I deal with them."

"Yes, butler." The boy responded quickly.

The boy was a bit small, so it was a bit difficult to climb the bullock cart. Upon seeing this, Zhang Dayong directly helped to lift the wild goose down, and the boy only had to carry it in. Glancing at Zhang Dayong gratefully, the boy carefully carried the goose inside, fearing that if he accidentally hurt the goose, he would be unable to eat and carry it away.

The wild goose was delivered safely and the final payment was received. Zhang Dayong did not stay in Mufu for long. He drove the ox cart and rushed home, hoping to get home before dark.

Zhang Dayong was in such a hurry just now that he had no intention of looking at anything else. When he returned, he had the intention to take a look at the streets of the town and think about whether he should bring something back to Lin Qin. Forget it if he didn't observe it, Zhang Dayong realized something was wrong. There were many more guards on the street, and each of them was holding a knife.

Although a government office was set up in the town, the county magistrate did not stay here but left it to the county magistrate to manage, while the county magistrate himself stayed in the county seat. Since the county magistrate is in the county, most of the officers will naturally stay there. There are only a dozen or so officers at most in Luohua Town, but Zhang Dayong just came here. Although Zhang Dayong didn't count them in detail, there are definitely more than twenty. What is this? what happened.

The more Zhang Dayong thought about it, the more wrong he became, so he stopped a servant, took out a tael of silver from his pocket and put it in his hand. Then he asked, "Sir, can I ask what happened recently and why?" There are so many adults patrolling the streets???"

The policeman was a little impatient when Zhang Dayong stopped him, but after feeling the weight of the money in his hand, his expression immediately changed. Although he didn't smile, he lost his initial impatience. In addition, the questions Zhang Dayong asked were not unanswerable, so he said, "Actually, we don't know much. Just three days ago, the county magistrate suddenly ordered to strengthen the security of the county and several surrounding towns. Almost all the officials in the government office They were all sent out. When I came here, I heard our boss say that something happened on the border. Although our place is not close to the border, it is not too far, so just in case, the county magistrate. We have to be careful."

The officer's words made Zhang Dayong's expression change. Something happened on the border? ? ? What kind of accident could it be? It's not going to be a war. The more I think about it, the uglier Zhang Dayong's face becomes. However, Zhang Dayong still said a few words of gratitude to the guard, then jumped on the bullock cart and drove the cattle home.

It was completely dark when Zhang Dayong arrived home, and Lin Qin was already standing by the gate, looking anxiously.

"You're finally back. It's completely dark today." The moment Lin Qin saw Zhang Dayong's appearance, his hanging heart finally returned to his stomach.

"I've done it before in the middle of the night. What could go wrong?" Zhang Dayong didn't tell Lin Qin what happened in the town. After all, it was just a possibility. If it wouldn't happen, why should Lin Qin be worried?

Lin Qin rolled his eyes at Zhang Dayong and said, "You're very proud, right? I couldn't control it before and now you can't even think about walking at night. Walking at night is so dangerous." "

Yes, yes, I was wrong. Do you have food? I'm starving to death." Lin Qin was fine when he wasn't talking about it, but when he started talking about it, he talked too much. Zhang Dayong didn't want his ears to suffer, so he quickly changed the topic, and he was serious Very hungry.

When Lin Qin heard this, he immediately forgot what he had just wanted to say and said hurriedly, "You are hungry, why don't you know how to come back to eat some in the town? Go sit down and I will serve you a meal. I haven't eaten yet." I'm just waiting for you to come back."

This time it was Zhang Dayong's turn to look grim, and said in a deep voice, "Nonsense, what time has it been and you haven't had dinner yet? Your body is not feeling hungry, right?"

"I really didn't feel hungry, let's talk about it. You're used to eating together, and I don't enjoy eating alone these days when you're not around." Lin Qin said straightforwardly, not feeling anything wrong with his words at all.

Zhang Dayong felt that Lin Qin was very capable of provoking his anger while coaxing him to feel comfortable.