Chapter 7 Song Mian

Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu did not return to the village immediately after leaving South Street. Instead, they went to North Street to buy some white rice and flour. They also gave Lin's father a pot of wine and bought some meat. Finally, I went to the jewelry store to pick out some hair ties for Lin Qin.

White rice and white flour are relatively expensive. The two brothers bought five kilograms each, which cost more than 500 yuan. In addition, the wine and pork ribs for Father Lin cost a small tael of silver. Are you distressed? Of course I am, but life has been too hard these years. In the past, let alone white rice and white flour, I had to eat brown rice and cornmeal. From time to time, I would roast some sweet potatoes or cook some sweet potato flour as the staple food. Now that I finally have some money, I naturally want to improve my family's life.

When Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu returned home, Lin Qin and Lin's father were still in the fields. They had more than ten taels of silver on them and they dared to just leave it at home. So Lin Erzhu stayed at home with the money, while Lin Dazhu went there with the hoe. Home geography help.

Lin Qin saw Lin Dazhu before Lin's father, and shouted happily, "Brother, you are back."

Lin Dazhu walked to the edge of the field, took off his shoes and went barefoot, walked to Lin Qin, touched Lin Qin's head and said, "You Hurry up, you and I are not needed here."

After hearing this, Lin Qin went up and put on his shoes and went home. As for how much the yam was sold, neither Lin Qin nor Lin's father asked. In the evening You will always know otherwise.

Just because Lin's father and Lin Qin didn't ask, it didn't mean that others weren't curious. Li Cheng, who was adjacent to Lin Qin's family's field, curiously asked Lin Dazhu, "Dazhu, your father said you went to town to sell yams. How much did you sell? Come with me." Let's talk about it."

When Lin Dazhu heard this, he glanced at Father Lin first, and then said with a naive smile, "Our yams are only about two kilograms, not too heavy, and we only sell them for more than seven taels, not too much."

The villagers in Zhuangyuan Village They are all relatively simple, but not everyone is simple. As the saying goes, you can't do harm to others and you must be on guard against others. Lin Dazhu will not be stupid enough to tell them the exact number.

Others don't know the weight of the yam, but Lin's father doesn't know. He guessed at a glance that Lin Dazhu was not telling the truth, but Lin's father didn't say anything. His thoughts were like Lin Dazhu's, so it was better to be careful about money.

Lin Dazhu was also famous for his loyalty and honesty in the village, so Li Cheng did not doubt Lin Dazhu's words at all, and said with some envy, "You only have seven taels of silver. I work so hard for a year and only get about ten taels of silver. You This is almost my income for more than half the year." Li Cheng was envious, not even jealous. Firstly, the relationship between Li Cheng and Lin Dazhu was pretty good. Secondly, he himself was also capable of making money. Although his family was not too wealthy, He's not too poor, and he really won't be jealous just because of these seven taels of silver.

Lin Dazhu just laughed loudly when he heard this and didn't say much.

Besides, while Lin Qin was walking home, he was happily thinking about how much money Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu had sold the yams for, and also thinking about whose girl or boy in the village was a better match for Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu.

"Brother Qin." Just when Lin Qin was going from the end of the village to the end of the village, and was about to think about the girls of the right age in each family starting from the end of the village, he suddenly heard a familiar voice.

Lin Qin followed the sound and saw a young man about the age of a weak man standing not far away. The young man was wearing a blue robe. The material of the robe could only be regarded as ordinary, but the young man looked so handsome after wearing it.

"Brother Song." After seeing who it was, Lin Qin stopped and pursed his lips slightly.

"Did you just come back from the fields???" Song Mian looked at Lin Qin dreamily and asked with concern.

Lin Qin had lowered his head ever since he saw Song Mian. He didn't speak when he heard Song Mian's question and just nodded slightly.

Lin Qin's performance made Song Mian's eyes flash with bitterness. Song Mian also knew why Lin Qin acted so coldly. After all, he didn't protect him well.

Song Mian didn't speak for a long time. Lin Qin began to feel unsure. He was worried that other people in the village would see him and the Song family would go to his house to cause trouble. Lin Qin couldn't help but said, "Brother Song, I still have things waiting for me at home." Go back and do it, I'll leave first."

"Okay, you should take more care of yourself on weekdays and don't be too tired." Song Mian spent most of his time in the town and rarely returned to the village. It was rare to see how Lin Qin was willing to just say this After a few words, Lin Qin was let go. But no matter how unwilling he was, there was nothing he could do. Song Mian still had to pay attention to Lin Qin's reputation, so he could only suppress his inner reluctance and let Lin Qin leave.

Lin Qin saw Song Mian move out of the way and trotted away quickly. After running very far, Lin Qin could still feel the blazing eyes behind him. After leaving Song Mian's sight, Lin Qin walked slower and slower, walked slower and slower, and finally stopped in place. After wiping his face, he realized that he had burst into tears at some point.

The story between Song Mian and Lin Qin is actually very simple. They are interested in each other, but their families are too disparate. Song Mian was also from Zhuangyuan Village, but the Song family was relatively well off, so they sent Song Mian to study since he was a child. Song Mian was also a talented person and was already a scholar at a young age. The teacher who taught Song Mian said that as long as Song Mian studied hard, he would become a scholar. Not to mention taking the Juren exam, there is still hope.

Because the Song family valued Song Mian very much, not to mention his marriage, they even talked about finding a young lady from a wealthy family in the town for Song Mian.

Song Mian and Lin Qin had known each other since childhood, and they often played together before Lin's mother passed away. Later, after Lin's mother passed away, Lin Qin had to be busy doing housework, and Song Mian had to study hard, so they had less contact, but The relationship between the two parties has always been good. At first, Lin Qin only regarded Song Mian as a big brother he could talk to, but who knew that Song Mian confessed to Lin Qin that he liked him.

Song Mian was a good looker and took great care of Lin Qin. How could Lin Qin refuse such a person's confession? He naturally nodded in agreement. But it's useless for Lin Qin to agree. If the matter between the two is to succeed, it mainly depends on the parents of both parties, or the parents of the Song family.

Song Mian's parents were furious when they found out that Song Mian had fallen in love with Lin Qin. Song's mother even went directly to Lin Qin's house to make a big fuss. What she said was that Lin Qin seduced Song Mian and made Lin Qin die. From now on, Song Mian will be a young lady from a wealthy family.

Father Lin didn't know about the affair between Song Mian and Lin Qin until this moment. If the Song family had a good attitude, Father Lin would naturally be happy, but if the Song family goes through so much trouble without giving any face, Father Lin is naturally not the kind of person to rush. , directly stated that Lin Qin would never marry Song Mian even if he died at home.

When Song Mian received the news and rushed over, he happened to hear Lin Qin follow Lin's father's words and say that he would not marry him even if he never married.

Song's mother made such a fuss that Lin Qin lived in rumors for a long time. It was not until a few years later that the situation began to improve. That time, even though Lin's father knew that it was not Lin Qin's fault, he was still beaten up in anger. Lin Qin paused. If it weren't for Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu protecting Lin Qin, Lin Qin would have been beaten so hard that he couldn't get out of bed. As for Song Mian, he was sent to the town to study by the Song family. Song's mother rented a house in the town and called it a companion study. In fact, who doesn't know that it was just to keep Song Mian from coming back to find Lin Qin.