Chapter 34 The Lin family knows

Zhang Dayong wanted to ask more carefully, but after Song Mian told all he knew, he carried the bookcase and left without waiting for Zhang Dayong to speak. Zhang Dayong had no choice but to walk to Lin Han's house with a face. What's going on?

When Zhang Dayong arrived at Lin's house, Li Jie's family had already left, and most of the men in the village who came to watch the fun had also left. The only ones left were some women and husbands who wanted to see what kind of betrothal gifts they had. There were also some guys who were close to Lin Qin who were joking around and blessing him. Zhang Dayong looked at this scene and found a corner to stay. He was going to wait for everyone to leave before going out. He couldn't say it in front of so many people. No, if that really happened, the Lin family would be really embarrassed.

"Didn't I say that Brother Qin's fiancé works in a big restaurant in the town, and his family is also rich? Why is it just such a small thing? It's not much different from what we usually hire. The bride price is only three taels of silver. I still have it. I thought I could get one with five or eight taels." A woman who was usually quite gossipy looked at the betrothal gift sent by the Li family and curled her lips and said in disgust.

Lin Han originally had a bit of joy on his face, but when he heard this, he immediately lowered his face and wanted to scold the woman, but if a grown man argued with a woman, he would be criticized, but if he didn't say a few words in his heart, She felt uncomfortable again, so Bai Xiuniang finally came forward and said to the woman who had just spoken, "Aunt Song, we are marrying our brother, not selling him. Why do we need such a high dowry? Let's marry a young man from the countryside and give him a couple of cents." There are more betrothal gifts than you think."

The woman whom Bai Xiuniang called Aunt Song also knew that what she just said was a bit unpleasant. In fact, she was just gossiping on weekdays. She also looked at the betrothal gifts sent by the Li family. There was nothing good about it, so he just said it without thinking, forgetting that today was a good day for the Lin family.

"Brother Qin, I'm sorry. You also know that Auntie usually speaks without thinking, so don't take it to heart." Although Aunt Song is a bit gossipy on weekdays, she is really not a bad-hearted person. Lin Han's family used to be poor. At that time, she also sent some dried vegetables to Lin Han's family. Although it was not worth much, it was still a thoughtful gesture.

Of course, Lin Qin couldn't really take this matter to heart, and Aunt Song was telling the truth. The betrothal gift sent by the Li family didn't have anything good, except for the basic dried fruits, which were just a piece of coarse cloth and the quality was the worst. That kind of money, and there is also a bride price of three taels. Lin Qin understood that this was because Li Jie's mother was dissatisfied with him, so he and his father-in-law felt a little uncomfortable. They didn't say anything just now, but they agreed to the marriage knowing the other party's attitude. Naturally, they felt aggrieved. Bear it.

"I don't know who my aunt is, so how can I trust her?" Lin Qin said with a smile.

Aunt Song breathed a sigh of relief when she saw this, and was too embarrassed to stay any longer. She said a few auspicious words to Lin Qin and turned to go home. When she was leaving the courtyard, she suddenly saw Zhang Dayong standing in the corner. It's a little strange why Zhang Dayong is here. On weekdays, Zhang Dayong never got involved in any happy events in the village, but today Lin Qin came to get engaged. The gossip factor in his heart was ready to stir up. If he hadn't known that Zhang Dayong was not easy to deal with, he would definitely have gone up and asked.

After Aunt Song left, the other women and husbands who were watching the fun also left one after another. The boys who were close friends with Lin Qin also helped out at home on weekdays. Seeing that it was getting late, they all left the Lin family. Soon, apart from the Lin family, only two outsiders, Li Mo and Zhang Dayong, were left in the yard.

Lin Dazhu didn't see Zhang Dayong standing in the corner until now, and said with half surprise and half confusion, "Dayong, when did you come, why didn't you come in???"

"I went up the mountain early this morning. I didn't know until I came down. Brother Qin is here to congratulate you on your engagement today." Zhang Dayong followed Lin Dazhu into the hall and found that Li Mo was also there, and he was a little confused about whether to tell him what Song Mian told him.

Lin Qin smiled slightly when he heard this and said sincerely, "Thank you, Brother Zhang."

In the past, the Lin family didn't have any bad feelings towards Zhang Dayong, but they didn't have much favorable impressions either. But since he saved Lin Qin last time, the Lin family's feelings toward Zhang Dayong have grown. The good impression was rising slowly, and seeing him come here to congratulate her made it even more favorable.

Lin Han smiled and said to Zhang Dayong, "Dayong, uncle Qin didn't thank you properly for what happened to brother Qin before. Now that I'm here, I'm going to have dinner at uncle's house. Your sister-in-law's craftsmanship is still very good." He looked at Bai Xiuniang again. He ordered, "Dazhu's family, hurry up and prepare some dishes."

"Hey, Father." Bai Xiuniang responded and walked to the kitchen.

Zhang Dayong heard this and said repeatedly, "Uncle Lin, no need. I have steamed some steamed buns for lunch at home this morning." "

Okay, don't be polite to me. I even forgot to pour you water. Brother Qin, hurry up." Go get a few glasses of water." There are no rules in a small rural place where a man cannot move or do anything on the day of the engagement. All the man needs to do is be a good boy when he comes to ask for a job.

"Okay, Father." Lin Qin responded and prepared to go to the kitchen. Upon seeing this, Li Mo followed Lin Qin obediently.

Zhang Dayong often interacts with the village chief, so Li Mo is no stranger to Zhang Dayong, and knows that he is not a bad person. However, Zhang Dayong is rough and arrogant, and he also likes to have a droopy face, which is scary when he looks at it. Li Mo sees him at home on weekdays. Zhang Dayong also hid whenever he could.

"Wait, there's really no need. In fact, I have something else to say today..." Zhang Dayong glanced at Li Mo hesitantly, a little embarrassed whether to let Li Mo go home first.

Seeing Zhang Dayong's serious look, Lin Han thought they needed help for something, but he was embarrassed because Li Mo was there. However, as an elder, Lin Han couldn't drive Li Mo away, so he said to Lin Qin, "Brother Qin, You take Brother Mo into the house to play for a while."

"Okay, Father." Lin Qin also thought that Zhang Dayong had something to ask his father and brother for help, so he obediently pulled Li Mo, who was full of curiosity, back to the room.

"Brother Qin, what do you think Zhang Dayong is going to say???" After returning to the room, Lin Qin specially closed the door so that Zhang Dayong and Lin Han could talk, while Li Mo lay curiously beside the door and wanted to steal Listen to what's being said outside.

When Lin Qin saw this, he held Li Mo's arm and wanted to pull him over. How could a young man eavesdrop on what the men were saying? It would be bad if word got out.

"Wait a minute, Brother Qin, please wait a minute. Why did I hear Zhang Dayong mention your name?" Although Li Mo had been pampered since he was a child, he should understand that the village chief's wife had also taught him. Li Mo was just a little curious just now, and it was impossible to eavesdrop. But when Li Mo straightened up, he suddenly heard Zhang Dayong mention Lin Qin's name. Now Li Mo was really confused. .

Lin Qin paused for a moment while holding Li Mo's hand, and Zhang Dayong mentioned his name. In the past, Lin Qin and Zhang Dayong didn't have much contact with each other. The most they did was to give Zhang Dayong a thank-you gift last time on the mountain and nothing else. Well, why did Zhang Dayong suddenly mention his name. Lin Qin's white teeth bit his lower lip gently, and hesitation appeared in his expression. Unable to suppress the curiosity in his heart, he walked to the door and lay on it to hear what Zhang Dayong would say.

Zhang Dayong no longer had any scruples after Lin Qin and Li Mo entered the room, and said to Lin Han, "Uncle Lin, I bumped into Song Xiucai when I came here just now. He told me something related to Brother Qin. After thinking about it, I still think I should tell you."

Although there are two or three scholars in Zhuangyuan Village, there is only one named Song, and that is Song Mian who once had an emotional entanglement with Lin Qin. When Lin Han thought of Song Mian, he couldn't help but think of Song's mother and what happened back then. His originally happy mood suddenly became gloomy, his face became gloomy, and his eyes looking at Zhang Dayong also showed a little dissatisfaction. Yue said, "What did he tell you???"

"Song Xiucai told me that Brother Qin's fiancé might have been specially found by his mother. He also said that the man had a sweetheart in the town, and that My best friend is pregnant now." Zhang Dayong said in a deep voice.

Zhang Dayong's words were so shocking that Lin Han and his son were stunned. Bai Xiuniang came out of the kitchen with a plate of dishes and dropped the plate in shock when she heard the words. At this time, no one was worried about the plates and dishes. There was only one thought in their minds, that is, whether what Zhang Dayong said was true. If it was false, it would be fine. If it was true, what should Lin Qin do? ? ?

The soundproofing of the houses in the countryside was not very good. Lin Qin and Li Mo, who were lying on the door panel, also heard Zhang Dayong's words. Li Mo looked at Lin Qin worriedly for the first time, and softly called Brother Qin, his words filled with emotion. It's worry.

Lin Qin lowered his head so that no one could see his expression. If someone raised Lin Qin's head at this time, they would find that Lian's face was full of tears and there was deep hatred in his eyes.

Seeing that Lin Qin kept his head down and said nothing, Li Mo was about to say something to comfort Lin Qin. He even thought that maybe Song Mian had deliberately talked to Zhang Dayong to ruin Lin Qin's marriage or something. As a result, before Li Mo could say anything, Lin Qin opened the bedroom door with a bang, pursed his lips and walked out with a serious expression.

"Brother Qin..." Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu said almost at the same time. They both looked worried, but they didn't know what to say. If the matter was true, this marriage could not continue. Originally, they agreed because they valued Li Jie's ability and his wholehearted devotion to Lin Qin. But if Zhang Dayong's words were true, then Li Jie had no interest in Lin Qin at all and was just cheating on the marriage, and the other party also had a man in the town. Xianghao now has a child. If Lin Qin still marries him, his life will be ruined.

"Brother Zhang, are everything you said true???" Lin Qin's black pearl-like eyes stared at Zhang Dayong. If you look carefully, it is not difficult to find something hidden deep in his eyes. Hope, hope Zhang Dayong tells him that everything is a joke.

Zhang Dayong looked at Lin Qin's tearful face and felt something bad in his heart for some reason. Zhang Dayong could no longer see clearly and could tell that Lin Qin's nerves had reached the extreme and he was just a step away from collapse. Zhang Dayong opened his mouth several times, and finally said truthfully, "I don't know if it's true or not, but Song Xiucai looked a little wrong when he told me, and I believe Song Xiucai shouldn't be able to talk nonsense in order to deliberately ruin your marriage. After all, this matter also involves his mother, and it is possible that his own reputation will be ruined."

Lin Qin looked around stupidly after hearing this, and saw that everyone was worried and pitiful. Looking at myself, I opened my mouth to say something but found that my voice seemed to have disappeared and I couldn't say anything. Then my eyes went dark and I didn't know anything anymore.