Side Story 10

It was time to welcome the guests, prompting Gerald to leave his room and descend the stairs.

In the bustling hall, he came across Ciella.

"You've put in a lot of effort today."

He smiled warmly, briefly embracing Ciella before letting go. However, her response was somewhat peculiar.

"Uh, well... Yeah."

There was a hint of uncertainty in her expression, as if questioning the appropriateness of the embrace.

As Gerald wondered, "Did I do something wrong?" Ciella extended her hand for a handshake.

"Brother-in-law—or rather, Gerald, you've been through a lot with all the preparations. Thank you. No, really, thank you."

... What?

Gerald sensed a subtle distance in her words and slightly tensed. In response to his less-than-enthusiastic reaction, Reynos, in Ciella's guise, swiftly intervened.

"Well then, I'll be off. There seems to be more details to check for the blessing."

With that, she quickly vanished into the crowd.

What was that about? Was she nervous because of the blessing?

Perplexed, Gerald blinked, and soon, the influx of guests overwhelmed him, diverting his attention from the situation.

***

"It's a complicated situation."

Reynos, now distanced from Gerald, released a faint sigh. Despite having mentally prepared for meeting his brother-in-law, he forgot everything the moment they embraced.

'I am El. I am El...'

Revealing himself as the Crown Prince in such a crowded place would pose a significant issue.

They were the only ones here, as the real Ciella had gone to the ceremony separately from Godori for practice.

Meanwhile, nobles continued to encircle him. Reynos maintained the use of mind control to carry on as Ciella.

"Duke Lavirins, do you remember me? I'm Count Ansenton, whom you met at the last party!"

"I have a tremendous business idea. Could you spare a moment to hear about it?"

"The precious tea I mentioned has arrived, and I was wondering if we could meet for tea sometime-"

Reynos unconsciously frowned.

'Shut up.'

While it was challenging for them to approach him with his original body, it seemed different for Ciella.

Whether it was Leather or others, many appeared at ease interacting with Ciella.

As there was no response, uneasy nobles promptly offered their apologies and departed.

"I'll visit again when it's convenient for you."

"Excuse me, Duke."

"I'll send an invitation, so please check when you have time."

Hmm, that's acceptable.

Satisfied with their courteous requests, Reynos maintained a strained expression and nodded inwardly.

Just then.

"If you keep frowning, you'll get wrinkles."

Someone lightly tapped Reynos's forehead.

For a moment, Reynos almost forgot whose body he was in and nearly drew his sword.

Had the sword been at his waist, he undoubtedly would have done so.