Chapter 53

Perhaps at a loss for words, Marquis Lavirins glared at me fiercely but did not open his mouth.

It was Isabella who grew impatient at this. It would really be the end of the world if even the Marquis were to turn his back on me without the support of his vassals.

But she seemed to know what would happen if she didn't get things off the ground, judging by the fact that she didn't interrupt.

' Anyway, there is only so much greed.'

Gerald is not even interested in being the heir apparent.

Marquis Lavirins leaned his back against the sofa.

He stood in that position, completely turned over to his head, with his small eyes closed, thought for a moment, and then commanded in a somber voice.

"Apologize to Essit."

Ha, a sigh came out naturally.

Talking to a wall wouldn't be this frustrating.

"Whatever the reason, it remains the same that both sides suffered damage because of your actions. So apologize. "

"I can't."

"Ciella."

"Don't you care why I did that?"

"Regardless of the reason, this is overzealous behavior. What in the world did the authorities see and handle, breaking off a marriage on their own without asking the other party's opinion!"

"Is that what Essit said, that I broke off the marriage on my own? He was the one who suggested breaking the marriage first. He said he was going to get engaged to Puritina and break up the engagement."

"If only you had behaved better!"

"Are you serious?"

"He's never talked about breaking up the engagement even though he's been dating some other girls!"

Oh, this pisses me off.

I gritted my teeth. There was no point in having a dialogue because I couldn't talk to him.

So I decided to abandon courtesy and notify him.

"Count Lindel will be here soon. I called for him."

Count Lindel was a vassal of Lavirins who inserted a breathing apparatus into Lavirins just before it died 20 years ago.

In recognition of his service, he was also the loudest voice among the vassals.

"At that time, I'm going to ask whether he will support Gerald or me."

"...!"

The Marquis's complexion paled, and so did Isabella's. Count Lindel hated Essit.

In the past, when we couldn't stand on our own feet, he warned us countless times to distance ourselves from Essit, saying, "It's like sucking nutrients from trees that should be much bigger."

Thanks to that warning, the engagement between me and Duval ended, and if it had not been for that, Marquis Lavirins would have dedicated even his knighthood to Essit early on.

"He is an honorable man, and I am sure he will make a good decision. Oh, I told him that I was interested in the successor position after the breakup."

Count Lindel wanted me to be the heir to Lavirins.

However, he could not actively push for it because the original Ciella chose to receive the surname of Essit herself.

'Not anymore.'