Chapter 18

***

A few minutes after turning the room into a labyrinth, still sitting at my desk shaking my legs, I looked at the fist-sized crystal ball in my palm.

"Ahhhh!"

"Argh!"

The crystal ball was a kind of visual sphere that magnified and showed the interior of the labyrinth.

The two men in the crystal ball were being chased by evil spirits who sharpened their teeth.

Thanks to my instructions, they wouldn't bite them even if they were caught, but it seemed very difficult to play with all their might without knowing that.

I looked away from the crystal ball. And I swore at the son of a bitch who was not here.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?"

An animal that can't talk won't do this.

Count Valentine has done something he should not have done.

He planned to push the men into the room while his wife was asleep, pretend to have an unclean bed, and wake people up to get on and off the gossip.

Leather had overheard that guilds were doing this dirty work, and he had been keeping a keen eye on them, even though their recent activities were unusual.

'I didn't think he'd really do it.'

It was good to tell the knights guarding the mansion to let them go even if they felt impure.

Changing the room in which the Countess and her handmaiden were staying was also a good choice.

I was going to use this to push Count Valentine over the cliff beyond divorce.

"Oh, I'm tired."

I rubbed my eyes faintly and rubbed my stiff shoulders. But my hands were too weak to do anything.

Leather is good at this kind of thing... I tilted my head to the left and right in disappointment and heard a plopping sound.

'How long has it been since I opened the labyrinth?'

I didn't have a clock and couldn't time it. I think it's been 30 minutes, so let's wait for another 10 minutes and close it.

I covered my mouth and yawned as I thought this. Perhaps it was because I hadn't opened the labyrinth in a while, but I felt like my mental faculties were being uprooted.

'It's gonna take a few days.'

That's why I hated this ability.

The special ability of Lavirins, a descendant of one of the heroes who defeated the evil dragon, was to drain mental power and open the labyrinth where the evil spirits lived.

No being who entered the labyrinth could leave without my permission.

Each of the hundreds of evil spirits living in the labyrinth were powerful enough to destroy a small territory, but they all submitted to my word.

So far, it seems that I am the most powerful person in this world.

'The competency penalty is too much to be called the world's strongest.'

The labyrinth could be opened only in shadowy places, and while the labyrinth was open, I could not even move in my original place.

Besides, the original Ciella, whose spiritual power was weak, could not use it even once, because if her mental power was depleted while the labyrinth was open, she would be eaten by evil spirits.