Side Story 1

History is written by the victors.

I and Reynos were victorious in our battle against Knox, and because of this, the history of the Argentime Empire can be set straight for posterity, and the history of Eldorado, which has been marred by distortions, can be corrected.

「The origins of the demon Knox, who aimed to disrupt the Empire and bring about the world's destruction, trace back to Eldorado, a kingdom believed to have existed a thousand years ago.

He employed a lethal poison on his sister, the crown princess of that time, rendering her semi-lifeless, and subsequently orchestrated the cunning murder of the king to claim the throne.

This marked the beginning of his manipulation of the holy dragon Absulekti, leading to the Fall.

As Absulekti transformed into the Evil Dragon during its rampage, Knox sealed himself within a mirror to extend his existence.

Upon his death, he enticed the first king, Genocide I, into consuming his heart, with the intention of escaping the mirror through the king, who had become akin to the Evil Dragon.

However, all of his schemes ultimately came to naught.

Thanks to the untimely sacrifice of Ciella Lavirins, Duke of Lavirins...」

"Calling it an untimely sacrifice, doesn't it make it feel like I'm dead?"

The library of the Imperial Palace.

I narrowed my eyes as I examined the history books for posterity.

One would think I had gone to the Netherworld with Knox.

"I think you should leave out 'untimely'."

"You fought hard, yes, but you almost didn't wake up."

Reynos said seriously, his face devoid of laughter.

So serious that I had no words to say.

The job market battles in my dreams felt more daunting than my confrontation with Knox.

Fucking job wars.

"Then it's only fair to include your name, Ray. I didn't fight alone."

"I did nothing while you fought against Knox."

"You prevented the labyrinth from collapsing, and you rescued me from my dreams. I owe my presence here to you, Ray, so let your name be acknowledged."

For the time being, Reynos was mentioned alongside me as a hero who had vanquished the demon.

However, if we failed to include him in the printed account, I would stand alone as the survivor, a scenario I wished to avoid.

We had endured our trials together, and it was only fitting that we should be remembered together.

I scribbled Reynos's name across the line, signifying the necessary correction.

"While you're at it, throw in Rublet. Give the ugly bastard some credit."

"You're thinking of me."

"Hey!"

I yelled out in surprise. It had been three years since the last battle.

With Knox gone, the special powers he had granted to the Houses of the Founding Fathers had faded away, and now they were only half as powerful as they had once been.

It was only natural that the power of Justice should also fade away.

Rublet, however, displayed no such signs of decline.