Chapter 43

Hairstyles may be similar. Makeup methods? Sometimes it's like that. I copied the latest trendy styles anyway.

But not dresses.

'How can you copy someone's dress?'

I was speechless.

It was extremely rude to imitate other people's dresses for the fashion-conscious aristocrats.

Even if they liked a design, it was customary for no one other than the appropriate lady to use it, at least until one season had passed.

'How dare you imitate the same design in the same ballroom?'

This was just about fighting. I had nothing to say, even if I turned up her cheek with a snide remark.

To this extent, the place that made Tyriel's dress was also a problem. Most famous boutiques are known to know each other and to know who made what design.

If they made the dress without knowing that I had used the design, they would have to go out of business for lack of information, and if they knew and still made it, that would be an even bigger problem.

'What the hell is this?'

"Quickly, before Lady Lavirins sees..."

"If the lady sees it..."

The nobles who flocked around Tyriel were mentioning my name over and over again.

Listening to what they were saying, they were trying to convince her that she should go and change before I saw her.

Indeed, it was obvious that Tyriel had imitated me, since my dress matched that of my partner, Reynos, for all to see.

With this level of fuss, no matter how flowery the girl's head was, she would probably go and change right away.

"I don't want to. I'm in a dress that matches Ciella's too!"

Yeah, no.

I shuddered, lamenting my foolishness in expecting such a thing from Tyriel. Then Reynos gently blocked my view.

"You must have been surprised, go rest in the lounge for a while. I'll figure it out."

He seemed to be trying to solve the problem with a good word, smiling softly, "Don't worry."

Hmmm, I thought, he is really royalty for not looking the least bit uncomfortable after suddenly being paired with Tyriel.

Having been exposed to Reynos' kindness for so long, I couldn't immediately remember how unforgiving he was to those who were not his own.

"Yes."

I couldn't say I didn't want to when he was thinking about me at best. Instead, I pretended to head to the break room and sneak out of hiding to watch the situation.

So far, Tyriel had not wanted to change and was still flabbergasted.

'If you don't want to change, I'm going to make you change.'

I didn't think it could be solved with Reynos, so I got two glasses from the attendant who was walking around with a glass of wine.

I am a lady famous for my mental and physical fragility.

I'll pretend to be surprised to see the same dress and destroy yours. Just wait.

It was just then.

"Kyaaaaaaaask!"

Tyriel's signature soprano tone ripped the banquet hall. What? I turned my body reflexively. And I saw it clearly.

"Sorry, my hand was shaking."